Sports Business Networks

General Chatter
Brownlax

Sports Business Networks

Post by Brownlax »

Hello all,

I wanted to introduce you to Sports Business Networks - we are a business networking group made up of current and former student-athletes. Each week we have a great guest interview (SBN Speaker Series) - our latest speaker is the President of the Kansas City Chiefs Mark Donovan.

SBN can be accessed completely FREE by joining at www.SportsBusinessNetworks.com.

Former Speakers Include:
Ross Greenburg - Former President of HBO Sports and Executive Producer of Miracle
George Pyne - CEO of Bruin Capital and Former President of IMG
Francesca Schuler - Former CEO of In Shape
Anson Dorrance - Head Coach - UNC Women's Soccer - 22x National Champion
Mark Pattison - Former NFL Player who has Simmited the 7 Highest Peaks in the World
Dan Lyons - Olympic Rower and World Champion

and many more!!
Matnum PI

Re: Sports Business Networks

Post by Matnum PI »

Any plans for some lacrosse guests? :) heck, they could even be former players from Brown...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:00 am Any plans for some lacrosse guests? :) heck, they could even be former players from Brown...
We had Quint Kessenich on the show this year and last year we had Gary Gait, Pat McCabe, Jenny Levy, Paul Carcaterra and John Danowsji to name a few.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

https://youtu.be/uHuPRQO0TzI - Mark Donavan- President of Kansas City Chiefs Interview
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Brownlax wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:59 am We had Quint Kessenich on the show this year and last year we had Gary Gait, Pat McCabe, Jenny Levy, Paul Carcaterra and John Danowsji to name a few.
That's awesome. I'll have to look up. Thanks.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:17 pm
Brownlax wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:59 am We had Quint Kessenich on the show this year and last year we had Gary Gait, Pat McCabe, Jenny Levy, Paul Carcaterra and John Danowsji to name a few.
That's awesome. I'll have to look up. Thanks.
100% Free - the goal is to be the LinkedIn just for athletes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Interesting I passed this along to a friend and former colleague who has a small athletic related VC fund with some small time pros. For what it’s worth, don’t know if this is competing to you but he told me Christian Ponder is working on a “knockoff social housing for athletes. Not sure what a “social house” is but sounded similar so passing it along.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Hey Brownlax,

I just logged on to the channel on youtube and watched the terrific interview with famed rower Dan Lyons. It is well worth watching. Like he said rowing was at one time the working man's sport. Like him, I loved the book The Boys In the Boat*. He has a very interesting history who ends the chat by saying "you are a champion". Great words, indeed.

* https://www.danieljamesbrown.com/books/ ... -the-boat/

👍
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:25 pm Hey Brownlax,

I just logged on to the channel on youtube and watched the terrific interview with famed rower Dan Lyons. It is well worth watching. Like he said rowing was at one time the working man's sport. Like him, I loved the book The Boys In the Boat*. He has a very interesting history who ends the chat by saying "you are a champion". Great words, indeed.

* https://www.danieljamesbrown.com/books/ ... -the-boat/

👍
That's so awesome. You can join the network for 100% free! Join today! We have an app that is approved by both IOS and Android.
Last edited by Brownlax on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:23 pm Interesting I passed this along to a friend and former colleague who has a small athletic related VC fund with some small time pros. For what it’s worth, don’t know if this is competing to you but he told me Christian Ponder is working on a “knockoff social housing for athletes. Not sure what a “social house” is but sounded similar so passing it along.
Thanks so much! Let me know if they want to get in touch.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”