Re: ivy league poll: for ivy leaguers only: mitigation efforts

Post by raddadsofficial »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:49 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:25 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:18 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:32 pm
Kikin wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:50 am
Bearfan wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:47 pm IVY will play.
I have accepted the presence of Co-vid and I am only concerned with those elderly or compromised and unable to be vaccinated or boosted. The vast majority of people hospitalized or dying are unvaccinated and I have very little empathy for those who suffer the consequences of not getting vaccinated due to ignorance or political ideology.
Fortunately omnicron though more contagious appears less serious. Those who feel the young are immune are fooling themselves. Some 140 or so children are hospitalized in New York State and apparently all of them are unvaccinated. Starting to feel that if you don’t vaccinate your minor child that is akin to child abuse……and if you willingly don’t vaccinate as an adult then you are a fool.
As a physician I am seeing unvaccinated people taking up hospital beds and denying care to those seriously ill with other life threatening conditions.Covid will continue to morph and mutate in the Petri dish of the unvaccinated.
I willingly wear a mask when asked, show my vaccination card and booster card when asked. I accept that I can get Covid but have less severe of an illness but can be a carrier to the sick/unvaccinated. I am unhappily learning to adjust to a long coexistence with Covid just as I am unhappily having to adjust to continued dominance of SEC football. I do believe IVY will play and do well nationally
If you think it is a good idea to vax kids, you go right ahead and vax your children or grandchildren. I am not anti vax, I have received the vacination. However, children is another issue. Remember, we are all participating in a huge human experiment with this recently developed treatment (since it is not a true vaccination). Read this especially at the bottom as to side affects for children written by the doctor who developed the MRNA vax:

https://www.rwmalonemd.com/mrna-vaccination-in-children

I will also note that good old tech censorship recently removed his twitter and you tube accounts so he created this website.
Funny...let's listen to the proven serial liar whose disinformation was so egregiously violating that Twitter and youtube sh-tcanned his posts...darned "censorship"... :roll:
"proven serial liar"? According to whom? That's quite an accusation. A few months ago on this board you referred to him as an "expert". Make up your addled mind.
Twitter and YouTube.
"proven serial liar"? :lol: According to an algorithm
According to the team that built the algorithm. :lol: :lol:
do not question the algorithm comrade
a global lifestyle movement and fashion house for Dads of extraordinary taste.
🏆 '16, '18, '21 & '22 NYC Fall, '19 SF Winter & '19 Boulder Spring ULAX " World Champions " 🏆
https://linktr.ee/raddadsofficial
instagram: @raddadsofficial
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:31 pm
I have accepted the presence of Co-vid and I am only concerned with those elderly or compromised and unable to be vaccinated or boosted. The vast majority of people hospitalized or dying are unvaccinated and I have very little empathy for those who suffer the consequences of not getting vaccinated due to ignorance or political ideology.
Fortunately omnicron though more contagious appears less serious. Those who feel the young are immune are fooling themselves. Some 140 or so children are hospitalized in New York State and apparently all of them are unvaccinated. Starting to feel that if you don’t vaccinate your minor child that is akin to child abuse……and if you willingly don’t vaccinate as an adult then you are a fool.
As a physician I am seeing unvaccinated people taking up hospital beds and denying care to those seriously ill with other life threatening conditions.Covid will continue to morph and mutate in the Petri dish of the unvaccinated.
I willingly wear a mask when asked, show my vaccination card and booster card when asked. I accept that I can get Covid but have less severe of an illness but can be a carrier to the sick/unvaccinated. I am unhappily learning to adjust to a long coexistence with Covid just as I am unhappily having to adjust to continued dominance of SEC football. I do believe IVY will play and do well nationally
If you think it is a good idea to vax kids, you go right ahead and vax your children or grandchildren. I am not anti vax, I have received the vacination. However, children is another issue. Remember, we are all participating in a huge human experiment with this recently developed treatment (since it is not a true vaccination). Read this especially at the bottom as to side affects for children written by the doctor who developed the MRNA vax:

I will also note that good old tech censorship recently removed his twitter and you tube accounts so he created this website.
Funny...let's listen to the proven serial liar whose disinformation was so egregiously violating that Twitter and youtube sh-tcanned his posts...darned "censorship"... :roll:
"proven serial liar"? According to whom? That's quite an accusation. A few months ago on this board you referred to him as an "expert". Make up your addled mind.
Twitter and YouTube.
:roll:
That’s what I thought. Happy New Year. 🎆
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

raddadsofficial wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:59 pm

Twitter and YouTube.
You mean do not question the folks that wrote the algorithm, mate.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

raddadsofficial wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:59 pm

Twitter and YouTube.
It suits their inner authoritarian :oops:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

To your question re serial liar, yes, that's been proven over and over again.

He exaggerates, misleads and flat out makes up sh-t.

No, I don't think I ever described him credible...but yes he does qualify as an 'expert' relative to most of us. He's indeed a scientist and indeed has been involved in some of the precursor work that led to the capacity to develop the MRNA vaccines, but he's certainly NOT "the doctor who developed the MRNA vax".

The guy is a serial liar and he clearly has become quite a whack job. Yup, fits right in with guys like Bannon who want to burn it all down.

Idiots who think that being banned from various platforms for spreading dangerous medical misinformation is somehow a badge of honor deserve their fates. But the rest of us don't.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... ic/619734/
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:58 am To your question re serial liar, yes, that's been proven over and over again.

No, I don't think I ever described him credible...but yes he does qualify as an 'expert' relative to most of us. He's indeed a scientist and indeed has been involved in some of the precursor work that led to the capacity to develop the MRNA vaccines, but he's certainly NOT "the doctor who developed the MRNA vax".

The guy is a serial liar and he clearly has become quite a whack job. Yup, fits right in with guys like Bannon who want to burn it all down.

Idiots who think that being banned from various platforms for spreading dangerous medical misinformation is somehow a badge of honor deserve their fates. But the rest of us don't.

Thanks for the link, when I was first reading your comments, I thought you were talking about Dr. Fauci. It is very clear to me, a non-scientist, a one size fits all approach is not working and rarely works in any discipline. The vaccines are very important and play a prominent role in individuals who are elderly, have compromised immune systems, and those who are obese (which this virus effects tremendously, but it is not popular to discuss).

Happy New Year to all and here's to hopefully a wonderful spring of lacrosse.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:58 am To your question re serial liar, yes, that's been proven over and over again.

Of course you're welcome to your opinion but why not watch the interview before shutting off your brain to other POVs? And allow others to hear/watch and make up their own minds?

You referred to him as "expert" regarding the June 9/21 Darkhorse podcast.

He doesn't claim to be "the doctor who developed the MRNA vax." Watch and learn.

"serial liar" is quite a claim. Even for you, that's over the top. What is his motivation for lying?

"Bannon" :lol: "badge of honor" :lol:

Ah yes, The Atlantic article which could easily be categorized as hit piece, penned by an author possibly not qualified to write it?

That's OK though, people should be able to make up their own minds. Right mdlax?
Typical Lax Dad

TNLAX wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:20 am

Thanks for the link, when I was first reading your comments, I thought you were talking about Dr. Fauci. It is very clear to me, a non-scientist, a one size fits all approach is not working and rarely works in any discipline. The vaccines are very important and play a prominent role in individuals who are elderly, have compromised immune systems, and those who are obese (which this virus effects tremendously, but it is not popular to discuss).

Vaccines work for everyone. 15 years ago, I told a friend social media was going to make society dumber. I have been more right than wrong. Saying vaccines only work for a certain population is really nonsense. Not pointing a finger at you as you didn’t develop that theory on your own. Misinformation and misunderstanding have contributed to it.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

TNLAX wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:20 am Thanks for the link, when I was first reading your comments, I thought you were talking about Dr. Fauci. It is very clear to me, a non-scientist, a one size fits all approach is not working and rarely works in any discipline. The vaccines are very important and play a prominent role in individuals who are elderly, have compromised immune systems, and those who are obese (which this virus effects tremendously, but it is not popular to discuss).

A massive problem is that there are tons of people in this country who are 40+ years old and 20+ pounds overweight with horrible diets and habits but look in the mirror and delude themselves into seeing a healthy 25 year old staring back at them. Skipping an annual physical doesn't mean they haven't developed high cholesterol, high blood pressure, prediabetes, etc. This denial, coupled with the odd obsession of machoness/"freedom" by much of the right, has lead to a lot of unnecessary death, life-altering illness, and an enormous strain on the health care system in the past year. A lot of these people are being lead astray by grifters and charlatans who line their pockets by spreading disinformation. It is what it is.

Do I think vaccinated college and high school kids are at risk or should have to continue to modify their lives to protect those idiots? Absolutely not. But we still average well over 1,000 deaths a day and that will continue to scare a lot of people. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to scare the people who are most at risk and continuing to clog up the hospitals.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:28 am

Vaccines work for everyone. 15 years ago, I told a friend social media was going to make society dumber. I have been more right than wrong. Saying vaccines only work for a certain population is really nonsense. Not pointing a finger at you as you didn’t develop that theory on your own. Misinformation and misunderstanding have contributed to it.

Really??? What are the break through cases all about??? Thanks for not pointing the finger at me, but vaccines are not for everyone. Why should someone who is at little to no risk take a vaccine? It is clear the vaccines will lower the chance of severity of the virus to individuals who receive the vaccine, but if I am at little to no risk of getting sick if I catch the virus, I don't see the point. The vaccines don't prevent the spread. Before the vaccines were available I had COVID, wasn't ill, but I am not even close to being in a "high" risk category. It concerns me where some of the conversations have gone lately. When have we ever refused to treat a patients in hospitals or emergency rooms? Doctors treat people with lung cancer who have been smoking their whole lives. Doctors treat liver patients who have been drinking to much their whole life's. I don't want doctors to start making morale judgements on who to treat and not treat.

This isn't the small pox where 1 in 13 people were dying. I can't help but follow the money....33 billion dollar windfall from the taxpayers for Pfizer in 2021 and an expected 36 billion dollars in 2022. Here is a link to a published paper from Emory Law:

https://scholarlycommons.law.emory.edu/ ... text=ecgar

All the lawyers on this site realize in a court case, both the defense and the prosecutors bring in "expert" witnesses to make their case. But these expert witnesses will have a very different view of the cases subject matters.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

"Follow the money" is a strange argument to me. You don't think pharma companies are making truckloads of money off of 24 hour care of the tens of thousands of hospitalized Americans? They win either way.
Typical Lax Dad

TNLAX wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:57 am

Really??? What are the break through cases all about??? Thanks for not pointing the finger at me, but vaccines are not for everyone. Why should someone who is at little to no risk take a vaccine? It is clear the vaccines will lower the chance of severity of the virus to individuals who receive the vaccine, but if I am at little to no risk of getting sick if I catch the virus, I don't see the point. The vaccines don't prevent the spread. Before the vaccines were available I had COVID, wasn't ill, but I am not even close to being in a "high" risk category. It concerns me where some of the conversations have gone lately. When have we ever refused to treat a patients in hospitals or emergency rooms? Doctors treat people with lung cancer who have been smoking their whole lives. Doctors treat liver patients who have been drinking to much their whole life's. I don't want doctors to start making morale judgements on who to treat and not treat.

This isn't the small pox where 1 in 13 people were dying. I can't help but follow the money....33 billion dollar windfall from the taxpayers for Pfizer in 2021 and an expected 36 billion dollars in 2022. Here is a link to a published paper from Emory Law:

All the lawyers on this site realize in a court case, both the defense and the prosecutors bring in "expert" witnesses to make their case. But these expert witnesses will have a very different view of the cases subject matters.
Glad you didn’t have a bad outcome. Why do you suppose the unvaccinated have had worse outcomes than the vaccinated, in aggregate? Anyway happy new year.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:28 am

Of course you're welcome to your opinion but why not watch the interview before shutting off your brain to other POVs? And allow others to hear/watch and make up their own minds?

You referred to him as "expert" regarding the June 9/21 Darkhorse podcast.

He doesn't claim to be "the doctor who developed the MRNA vax." Watch and learn.

"serial liar" is quite a claim. Even for you, that's over the top. What is his motivation for lying?

"Bannon" :lol: "badge of honor" :lol:

Ah yes, The Atlantic article which could easily be categorized as hit piece, penned by an author possibly not qualified to write it?

That's OK though, people should be able to make up their own minds. Right mdlax?
Unfortunately, gross misinformation abounds and lots and lots of people are easily persuaded to "make up their minds" quite wrongly.

And no, Malone himself claims he's the inventor of MRNA vaccines...he's done so in multiple situations and forums, even his Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rwmalonemd/

You don't like The Atlantic? Ok, Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2 ... 6c6d3e1d4c

The guy is a serial liar.
Maybe you should read the articles to better understand his motivations.

I'm 100% in favor of scientists challenging orthodoxy, pressing forward to test novel hypotheses, but dishonesty and dangerous misinformation is an entirely different thing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:13 pm

Glad you didn’t have a bad outcome. Why do you suppose the unvaccinated have had worse outcomes than the vaccinated, in aggregate? Anyway happy new year.
TNlax, breakthroughs do occur as immunity wanes, but far more likely in unvaccinated than vaccinated...lowest is in those with boosters. The claim isn't perfection, it's that it reduces spread (viral load and time of infectiousness) and, most importantly, vaccination decreases likelihood of hospitalization and death.

Putting aside the moral issues, we all pay for the costs of those who get seriously sick.

While you are correct about the co-morbidity risk factors (and in my world we discuss those co-morbidities all the time, so not sure where you think these aren't discussed), the reality is that the virus can also penetrate and adversely effect those with no obvious co-morbidity factors.

That all said, you and I would likely come out pretty close on what our policies should be with regard to young, fit athletes. I'm for having them vaxxed and boosted, periodically tested, but otherwise with full speed expectations of playing ball, living pretty darn normally.

But then I'm also for full vaccination and boosting in order to obtain access to all sorts of societal participation, not just sports...and I'm for making the unvaxxed pay for their own healthcare costs...no vaxx/boost, no access to health insurance or services coverage at the same cost as the rest of us.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:13 pm

TNlax, breakthroughs do occur as immunity wanes, but far more likely in unvaccinated than vaccinated...lowest is in those with boosters. The claim isn't perfection, it's that it reduces spread (viral load and time of infectiousness) and, most importantly, vaccination decreases likelihood of hospitalization and death.

Putting aside the moral issues, we all pay for the costs of those who get seriously sick.

While you are correct about the co-morbidity risk factors (and in my world we discuss those co-morbidities all the time, so not sure where you think these aren't discussed), the reality is that the virus can also penetrate and adversely effect those with no obvious co-morbidity factors.

That all said, you and I would likely come out pretty close on what our policies should be with regard to young, fit athletes. I'm for having them vaxxed and boosted, periodically tested, but otherwise with full speed expectations of playing ball, living pretty darn normally.

But then I'm also for full vaccination and boosting in order to obtain access to all sorts of societal participation, not just sports...and I'm for making the unvaxxed pay for their own healthcare costs...no vaxx/boost, no access to health insurance or services coverage at the same cost as the rest of us.
Talked to my buddy’s with a wife that is an administrator at JHU Hospital. She’s gets a daily detailed report about who is admitted for COVID daily. His wife says the number of vaccinated people being admitted is infinitesimal compared to unvaccinated. He said the number of vaccinated may be overstated on top of that as people that are admitted for other ailments, but test positive, are included in the covid count. People that are vaccinated rarely end up in the hospital. I guess whether vaccines work, depend on the person. Seems sensible 🤷‍♂️
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jd, I think you deleted your post...to your question:

Not denied access, but yes, I think that if a person chooses to not attempt to follow medical advice to prevent chronic diseases due to lifestyle choices (also overuse of alcohol, etc), insurance costs should differentiate. There needs to at least be effort.

But this isn't an apples to apples comparison.

The unvaccinated are not merely a risk to themselves (as are the example you suggest), they are also a substantially increased risk to others. Which is why I'd deny them access to all sorts of public situations in which they can more likely be such a risk to others.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

In an added good sign, the Ivies announced that the conference basketball season will start. Cornell and Dartmouth kicked off each other's Ivy season in Ithaca.

Penn and Brown men's hoops also played.
Typical Lax Dad

faircornell wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:37 pm In an added good sign, the Ivies announced that the conference basketball season will start. Cornell and Dartmouth kicked off each other's Ivy season in Ithaca.

That’s impossible. The vast majority of posters here believe the Ivy League’s approach is unreasonable and unfortunate.
TotoketLax

Post by TotoketLax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:55 pm
faircornell wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:37 pm In an added good sign, the Ivies announced that the conference basketball season will start. Cornell and Dartmouth kicked off each other's Ivy season in Ithaca.

That’s impossible. The vast majority of posters here believe the Ivy League’s approach is unreasonable and unfortunate.
Constructive comment? ... or just trying to sow division?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

TotoketLax wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:55 pm

Constructive comment? ... or just trying to sow division?
Just sarcasm, appropriately, as indeed so many posters on these threads have made negative comments about the Ivies.

I'm confident faircornell took it as such, not as any sort of slap at him, which it most certainly wasn't.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”