ODAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
D3LAXLOVER

ODAC 2022

Post by D3LAXLOVER »

With the season right around the corner, let get the conversation rolling. What are some way to early predictions, things were excited about, interesting recruits. Let's hear it all!
Laxaholic123

Re: ODAC 2022

Post by Laxaholic123 »

My predictions in order:
W&L
Lynchburg
HSC
Roanoke
Bridgewater
Shenandoah
RMC
Guilford
VW
Ferrum
Randolph
ODACWojBomb

Post by ODACWojBomb »

HA!!! what a ridiculous prediction. Ever since the 2020 season, W&L has seen a drop in their program as a whole. Barely making their way to the ODAC Championship game last year just to get throttled by Lynchburg. W&L is gonna see their way out of the top 4 with a bunch of close losses. Thinking we are gonna see a big jump from RMC. I think they are ready to make the jump into the top 4 of the ODAC this year. Also think Roanoke is gonna make a good jump this year. Although Ive heard of some extra curricular issues, I think Roanoke is ready for a good run in the tournament. As for the top dog of the ODAC, its pretty clear Lynchburg will look to run this conference again. However they will look to replace a lot of older guys including their entire starting defense, faceoff, and key offensive players. At first glance this looks like a lot, but Lynchburg has always been able to cycle through to the next set of guys. Predicting Lynchburg to host the ODAC tournament this year with a win over long time rival Roanoke.

My predictions in order:
1. Lynchburg
2. Roanoke
3. RMC
4. HSC
5. W&L
6. Bridgewater
7. Shenandoah
8. Guilford
9. VW
10. Ferrum
11. Randolph
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

I don't have a dog in this fight as I am a Centennial guy...But RMC at 7 in Laxaholic123's prediction is 3-4 spots to low. W&L at 5 in ODACWojBomb's predicition is 2-3 spots to low. Lynchburg is the top dog until proven otherwise.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

I could be wrong, but I feel as though RMC has been declining over the last two years or so, while BC and doah have been improving. May I bring up that RMC only beat doah by one goal last year. I can absolutely see them being above doah and maybe if they have a great year above BC, but to put RMC above HSC and W&L seems like way to much confidence in the yellow jackets.
Also, I think Lynchburg did lose a lot. In my opinion, their biggest loss was Ricci who dominated at the X throughout the year, I think without that type of production on faceoffs they will see a drop. Overall I am excited to see how the ODAC plays out and preseason rankings are meant to be proven wrong!
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

ODACWojBomb wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:46 pm HA!!! what a ridiculous prediction. Ever since the 2020 season, W&L has seen a drop in their program as a whole. Barely making their way to the ODAC Championship game last year just to get throttled by Lynchburg. W&L is gonna see their way out of the top 4 with a bunch of close losses. Thinking we are gonna see a big jump from RMC. I think they are ready to make the jump into the top 4 of the ODAC this year. Also think Roanoke is gonna make a good jump this year. Although Ive heard of some extra curricular issues, I think Roanoke is ready for a good run in the tournament. As for the top dog of the ODAC, its pretty clear Lynchburg will look to run this conference again. However they will look to replace a lot of older guys including their entire starting defense, faceoff, and key offensive players. At first glance this looks like a lot, but Lynchburg has always been able to cycle through to the next set of guys. Predicting Lynchburg to host the ODAC tournament this year with a win over long time rival Roanoke.

My predictions in order:
1. Lynchburg
2. Roanoke
3. RMC
4. HSC
5. W&L
6. Bridgewater
7. Shenandoah
8. Guilford
9. VW
10. Ferrum
11. Randolph
W&L is 37-2 in regular season ODAC play over the last 5 years. I’m not sure the numbers support your theory.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

W&L
Lynchburg
Noke
HSC
Bridgewater
RMC
Shenandoah
Guilford
VW
Ferrum
Randolph
ODACWojBomb

Post by ODACWojBomb »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:18 am
ODACWojBomb wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:46 pm HA!!! what a ridiculous prediction. Ever since the 2020 season, W&L has seen a drop in their program as a whole. Barely making their way to the ODAC Championship game last year just to get throttled by Lynchburg. W&L is gonna see their way out of the top 4 with a bunch of close losses. Thinking we are gonna see a big jump from RMC. I think they are ready to make the jump into the top 4 of the ODAC this year. Also think Roanoke is gonna make a good jump this year. Although Ive heard of some extra curricular issues, I think Roanoke is ready for a good run in the tournament. As for the top dog of the ODAC, its pretty clear Lynchburg will look to run this conference again. However they will look to replace a lot of older guys including their entire starting defense, faceoff, and key offensive players. At first glance this looks like a lot, but Lynchburg has always been able to cycle through to the next set of guys. Predicting Lynchburg to host the ODAC tournament this year with a win over long time rival Roanoke.

My predictions in order:
1. Lynchburg
2. Roanoke
3. RMC
4. HSC
5. W&L
6. Bridgewater
7. Shenandoah
8. Guilford
9. VW
10. Ferrum
11. Randolph
W&L is 37-2 in regular season ODAC play over the last 5 years. I’m not sure the numbers support your theory.
Valid point, but regular season doesn't matter if you can't produce in postseason play. But you can go ahead and enjoy your regular season wins while other teams are enjoying championships. #fraud
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

ODACWojBomb wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:42 am
InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:18 am

My predictions in order:
1. Lynchburg
2. Roanoke
3. RMC
4. HSC
5. W&L
6. Bridgewater
7. Shenandoah
8. Guilford
9. VW
10. Ferrum
11. Randolph
Valid point, but regular season doesn't matter if you can't produce in postseason play. But you can go ahead and enjoy your regular season wins while other teams are enjoying championships. #fraud
I think we need to slow down here, many teams lost a lot. Especially W&L and Lynchburg, that does not necessarily mean that their production or success will drop off. W&L lost their best player in Jack Taylor, who was one of the best goalies in the country. Lynchburg losses their mainstay at defense in Gallagher. Could be a year that we could see some teams move up and down in the rankings. Although, only one team gets the AQ into the tourney, it is important for the big 4 in the ODAC to remain competitive nationally for the benefit of the conference.

In regards to RMC, they have improved over the last few years. Located outside of Richmond, attractive campus and facilities. I could see them making strides in the upcoming years. The hardest thing for a team to do is to go from a loser to a perennial powerhouse, especially with the history of the traditional top 4. Bridgewater cracked the top 4 last year, but that game against Roanoke was watered down, many top performers for Noke didnt play in the quarterfinal game and it was still close.

In regards to WojBomb, take it easy there pal, I wouldn't say W&L "barely made it" they beat Bridgewater by 8 in the semis and were the #1 seed. We saw some vengeance from a Lynchburg squad in the championship game, who was clearly a top team in the nation. I feel that it will probably return to a very similar way of old for this year in the ODAC. Here's what I got.

Rankings
1. Lynchburg
2. W&L
3. HSC
4. RMC
5. Bridgewater
6. Roanoke
7. Shenandoah
8. VW
9. Guilford
10. Randolph
11. Ferrum

Roanoke has been on a decline and every year they tend to lose players that transfer. Pilat is a historic coach, but his time may be soon coming to an end.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Despite the loss of personnel to gradation I still believe Lynchburg will win the ODAC. I’m sure they will be down a notch from last season but will still have enough to get the job done. Even with being down from last season I will be surprised if they don’t go wire to wire. W&L will be down from last season offensively. The D should be as good or better than last year but there are questions in goal that need to be resolved. They also took a big hit on the sidelines losing two assistant coaches. The game against York early in the season will be a very good barometer as to what they are about, York may be outstanding this year. I’m thinking you can put a hat over W&L, HSC and Roanoke this year. Not sure if there’s a compelling case to be made for any one of them to stand above the other. I will say the top of the conference will go unchanged, with Lynchburg, W&L, HSC and Roanoke taking the top 4 spots. I’ll need to see a game or two before commenting on the remaining conference teams. I thought Bridgewater had an interesting season last year, can they duplicate that performance? Good luck to all !

How about Lynchburg/Tufts game on 3/22. That’s a great game
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

RMC may be on the cusp of breaking into top 4. I put them at 5

HSC graduated 16 players including Medawar, Brunmett and Hayden.. That’s a lot to make up... I put them at 4

NOKE is a Proud program but seem to have lacked player leadership. Fair observation regarding Pilot but they only graduated 7 and the young guys will be stronger this year. 3

W&L defense may be best in ODAC on paper but goalie has to be concerning. Witherall is in running for POY but not sure he will have supporting offensive firepower. As mentioned new coaching may take some time to settle in. The Blue bloods will buy in and test LYN. 2

LYN- offense won’t miss a beat and may be stronger. Dean @ Middie and and Robinson @ attack were finishers but the stable is full (Very full) especially with 5th year Schmidt (Injury) and Nerves returning. Jitter bug Riley, Jake Rust and Dylan Wolfe. Lewis and Rogers and both POY contenders..
SSDM will be stronger with 5th year Robinson coming back, Sr. Martin and Cole Nestor
LSM Darminio may be one of the best in the country and a freshman looked very good in fall allowing Sr. Rodegast to drop to close D. 3 or 4 other poles are very capable and will compete. Unlike W&L the goalie returns and will anchor that unit.. FO will not replace 64% but 4 tough FOGO’s will battle and the wings will get em to 55%. I’m a LYN homer so am biased but with this coaching staff and senior leadership I can see them repeating on Shelly.

Good luck to all!
Dehuntshigwa’es

How many 5th year players are on Lynchburg’s roster this year, also any transfers?
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

3 5th years Dehunt.
SSDM #4 Peter Robinson - was 2 year starter
Middies #17 Riley Schmidt and #6 AJ Nieves- both saw considerable time in years past and we’re both injured last years. Both can run 1st line midfield. LYN will have 2 very balanced midfields.

I’m not aware of any transfers.

Tufts coming to Shelly is gonna be one fun, fast paced game. The atmosphere on Shelly is perhaps one of the best venues in Lacrosse; center of campus in front of dorms and students line the field on other side of stands that will be packed.
I see Tufts graduated 16 players but have perhaps the best attackmen in D3 in Breidhal (spelling..?)
LYN will be coming off Mustang classic and should be fine tuned and hopefully healthy!
ODACWojBomb

Post by ODACWojBomb »

Let’s hear some preseason award predictions.

Player of the year?
1st Team AA for A, M, D, LSM, and G?
Coach of the year?
LaxDad45

Post by LaxDad45 »

Keep an eye on some of the new faces at Noke. I see them in the top 3 of the league for sure. Lots of young talent.
ShenandoahLaxDad

LaxDad45 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:23 pm Keep an eye on some of the new faces at Noke. I see them in the top 3 of the league for sure. Lots of young talent.
Feel like this is said every single year about Noke. Haven't been the same team since Stucker, Sarro, Curry have came through the program
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:26 pm
LaxDad45 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:23 pm Keep an eye on some of the new faces at Noke. I see them in the top 3 of the league for sure. Lots of young talent.
Feel like this is said every single year about Noke. Haven't been the same team since Stucker, Sarro, Curry have came through the program
From what I understand, this might be one of those years for Roanoke. Transfers at key positions (FOGO, goalie, LSM) joining an experienced and talented group (including several fifth years returning), as well as a new, former D1 assistant on staff. The compete level in the fall was very high, great team chemistry. I won't give too much away, but this will be a different Roanoke team in 2022.

I was not surprised to see the level of talent transferring in. Cregger is arguably the best facility in the ODAC, the team is led by a legendary HC, and Roanoke is the only team in the ODAC to ever win a natty. For those of you who may have forgotten. 8-)
Dehuntshigwa’es

The Generals have been to 3 semifinals while in D1 does that count for anything :D. They also made 3 semi finals in D3 1987,2000 and 2002
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShenandoahLaxDad

JBFortunato wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:36 pm
From what I understand, this might be one of those years for Roanoke. Transfers at key positions (FOGO, goalie, LSM) joining an experienced and talented group (including several fifth years returning), as well as a new, former D1 assistant on staff. The compete level in the fall was very high, great team chemistry. I won't give too much away, but this will be a different Roanoke team in 2022.

I was not surprised to see the level of talent transferring in. Cregger is arguably the best facility in the ODAC, the team is led by a legendary HC, and Roanoke is the only team in the ODAC to ever win a natty. For those of you who may have forgotten. 8-)
Any info on the transfers? FOGO and goalie are obviously important positions, Lynchburg had a ton of success with Ricci. Interesting too based on him coming from a very middle of the road to lower end UMW and being an AA last year.

Believe that Mike Daly (old tufts coach and now Brown head coach) said that the key to their fast paced offense was a goalie making saves and a FOGO winning draws. If you can have both of those things, you can take way more chances on offense. Roanoke plays a similar helter skelter style of game.

Also, talking about a national championships that was almost half a century ago? Scrapping the bottom of the barrel a little, eh?
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

JBFortunato wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Not sure how the “volunteer assistant” at a d1 school is a massive upgrade at that spot. He had success at Dickinson for really 1 year. Again, Good luck to Noke I picked them to finish 3

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”