Drexel

D1 Womens Lacrosse
@inthe8m

Re: Drexel

Post by @inthe8m »

hmmm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:43 pm
The point is you have no idea what you're talking about. So why interject yourself constantly into the situation. The posts are cryptic because it's none of your or anyone else's damn business. If it was, it would be publicized. So I don't know if you're just fishing for the story or what, but trust me, of all the people involved in this situation KH is the least of whom has been harmed in this. And considering her actions are responsible for the situation that's a shame.
This has to be at least the second, if not third time, you have made this point. You know how this ends - I mean how it restarts the loop of insanity, buddy. Do yourself a favor and walk away ...
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm

Post by hmmm »

I guess they finally had to say something with the tournament starting and there being so much talk about her coaching against Spallina. Crazy that so few people noticed she hasn't coached the team since the first week in April.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:40 am
I guess they finally had to say something with the tournament starting and there being so much talk about her coaching against Spallina. Crazy that so few people noticed she hasn't coached the team since the first week in April.
Yes, it is actually quite embarrassing how many supposed wlax experts/ambassadors on social media had absolutely zero clue and were tagging Hillier with congrats, etc. Heck, all they had to do was watch the CAA tourney final and they would have known.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:56 am
Yes, it is actually quite embarrassing how many supposed wlax experts/ambassadors on social media had absolutely zero clue and were tagging Hillier with congrats, etc. Heck, all they had to do was watch the CAA tourney final and they would have known.
+100

Joe
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:56 am
I did notice that as well. And I agree it’s embarrassing because it means they didn’t even watch. Yikes
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Interesting that there was no announcement from the University. They simply responded to the inquiry from USA Lacrosse Magazine. And that Kim Hillier also when on record with a comment (as opposed to turning down the inquiry). Twice in the article she referred to "my team". Either she is remaining defiant in the face of her ultimate demise OR she believes there is a realistic chance she will return once this "leave" ends. Regardless, the fact that her counsel would sign off on her commenting publicly is a good sign for her.

I know Kim to be well liked and respected. Rooting for her and hoping this all works out!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Free Coach Hillier

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

The cowardice and stupidity of Drexel University in their dealings with Head Coach Kim Hillier achieved a new level today.

“Kim Hillier... is on a personal leave from the team.” reads a portion of the statement provided to USA Lacrosse Magazine by Drexel University.

The cowardice in the wording of that line makes my blood boil. The implication is clear. To say that Coach Hillier is “on a personal leave” makes it her choice and decision. It is also a smear on her reputation—and more fodder for the gossipmongers.

“I am so proud of the hard work my team has put in this year,” she (Coach Hillier) said. “Winning the CAA championship and securing an automatic bid to compete in the NCAA tournament for the first time in program history has been a goal and is an incredible accomplishment. I am thrilled for my team.”

Good for coach here. Makes me hold out hope that there will be justice done for her in the end.

Oh, and not so you’d really notice it – Drexel University and USA Lacrosse Magazine in their infinite wisdom decided to drop the story on the eve of the NCAA tournament. So now the players have to deal with the fallout from this article and hear questions about their head coach instead of being able to prepare for the game tomorrow without distraction. Asinine.

Looking to appease everyone in the situation, Drexel University has done justice to none. Spineless.

Makes me wonder if the previous staff saw a good opportunity to leave and took it.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Maybe the "gossipmongers" should stand down. Just a thought.
wlaxphan20

Re: Free Coach Hillier

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:41 pm The cowardice and stupidity of Drexel University in their dealings with Head Coach Kim Hillier achieved a new level today.

“Kim Hillier... is on a personal leave from the team.” reads a portion of the statement provided to USA Lacrosse Magazine by Drexel University.

The cowardice in the wording of that line makes my blood boil. The implication is clear. To say that Coach Hillier is “on a personal leave” makes it her choice and decision. It is also a smear on her reputation—and more fodder for the gossipmongers.

“I am so proud of the hard work my team has put in this year,” she (Coach Hillier) said. “Winning the CAA championship and securing an automatic bid to compete in the NCAA tournament for the first time in program history has been a goal and is an incredible accomplishment. I am thrilled for my team.”

Good for coach here. Makes me hold out hope that there will be justice done for her in the end.

Oh, and not so you’d really notice it – Drexel University and USA Lacrosse Magazine in their infinite wisdom decided to drop the story on the eve of the NCAA tournament. So now the players have to deal with the fallout from this article and hear questions about their head coach instead of being able to prepare for the game tomorrow without distraction. Asinine.

Looking to appease everyone in the situation, Drexel University has done justice to none. Spineless.

Makes me wonder if the previous staff saw a good opportunity to leave and took it.
Really don't think this was a joint, conspired plan between both Drexel University and USA Lacrosse Magazine to publish this article. That statement has been made several times during broadcast games. It seems like Lacrosse Media has just now finally realized the fact that Kim Hillier is not with the team. My guess is they (USA LM) were likely looking for story lines for the first round to cover and Hillier coming home to SBU with Drexel was a good one, but when they looked into it further they found out about her leave. They likely reached out to Drexel for a statement and they gave the same one they have been giving.

IMO the use of "personal leave" was a pretty neutral one. I didn't think it implied a choice but that's just me. And if that's the truth, that she is on personal leave, what else are they going to say? That statement was probably picked over by a legal team to ensure it didn't imply anything negative about Hillier as that could open them up to a lawsuit for retaliation or something else, especially if nothing has been finalized (idk, legal posters help me out if I'm wrong). And for that same reason, Drexel probably won't elaborate further even after a resolution is reached.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Again, the fact that both (or either party for that matter) commented publicly......you can bet your ass those quotes were either constructed by or directly approved by counsel from both sides.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”