2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:52 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:22 pm ...the Dems have zero "advantage" in "early voting/mail in ballot/drop box". Those processes are entirely ambivalent as to D or R or I. It's simply that the idiots on the right have been desperately trying to persuade their followers that there's something unreasonable about making it easier to cast a vote for the candidates of one's choice...stupidly forgetting that older voters, who tend to skew right, need all the help they can get in getting their votes cast.
The GOP has been urging voters not to vote early or by mail, in hopes that rules would revert to pre-Covid rules.
That was a mistake. The (D)'s proved more effective at exploiting the new rules. The (D)'s have always been more effective at "getting out the vote" & "community organizing" at grass roots level. The changes made them even more effective. The (R)'s need to stop fighting it & get into the churches & senior living communities, as well as the VFW & Legion halls.
Yup, an enormously stupid play by the GOP....but gotta remember, the party has convinced two thirds of its registered members that these are methods rife with cheating, which is total nonsense.

And they've been cynically trying to make it as hard as possible to vote, especially for poorer voters, those without transportation, time off etc, under the notion that'll help them win...but this pisses people off, both those being targeted and those who think it's outrageous to try to keep citizens from voting...just for power.

But stay out of churches Salty.
It's a big part of the problem for the GOP, their obeisance to far right christian nationalism.
It's anti-American and a huge turn off to the next generation.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/11/04/ ... tradition/
Church has its value too. Don’t throw the baby out with the racist water.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HX7EZmiAk
That was a hallmark after school special compared to Menace II Society.

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:59 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:52 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:22 pm ...the Dems have zero "advantage" in "early voting/mail in ballot/drop box". Those processes are entirely ambivalent as to D or R or I. It's simply that the idiots on the right have been desperately trying to persuade their followers that there's something unreasonable about making it easier to cast a vote for the candidates of one's choice...stupidly forgetting that older voters, who tend to skew right, need all the help they can get in getting their votes cast.
The GOP has been urging voters not to vote early or by mail, in hopes that rules would revert to pre-Covid rules.
That was a mistake. The (D)'s proved more effective at exploiting the new rules. The (D)'s have always been more effective at "getting out the vote" & "community organizing" at grass roots level. The changes made them even more effective. The (R)'s need to stop fighting it & get into the churches & senior living communities, as well as the VFW & Legion halls.
Yup, an enormously stupid play by the GOP....but gotta remember, the party has convinced two thirds of its registered members that these are methods rife with cheating, which is total nonsense.

And they've been cynically trying to make it as hard as possible to vote, especially for poorer voters, those without transportation, time off etc, under the notion that'll help them win...but this pisses people off, both those being targeted and those who think it's outrageous to try to keep citizens from voting...just for power.

But stay out of churches Salty.
It's a big part of the problem for the GOP, their obeisance to far right christian nationalism.
It's anti-American and a huge turn off to the next generation.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/11/04/ ... tradition/
Church has its value too. Don’t throw the baby out with the racist water.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HX7EZmiAk
That was a hallmark after school special compared to Menace II Society.

I’m trying to offer a tutorial on game and you’re trying to get real on me?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

''‘I live in Texas’: Herschel Walker speech adds to Georgia Senate run problems
Republican candidate’s reference to his out-of-state home opens him to same attacks that dogged Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania''

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ate-runoff

In a campaign speech earlier this year, Herschel Walker, the Republican candidate for US Senate in Georgia, said: “I live in Texas.”

The US constitution says senators must be 30 years old, a citizen for nine years, and “shall … when elected, be an inhabitant of that state for which he shall be chosen”.

Republicans have been burned by a similar issue already this year, in another close Senate race. In Pennsylvania, the Democratic candidate, John Fetterman, focused on questions about whether his opponent, the TV doctor Mehmet Oz, actually lived in New Jersey. Fetterman ultimately won convincingly.

Control of the Senate has already been decided but victory in Georgia would give Democrats outright control by 51-49.

Walker will face the Democratic incumbent, Raphael Warnock, in a runoff next Tuesday, a contest triggered when Warnock received the most votes on election day but did not pass 50% of the vote. Polling puts the two candidates near-level, with early voting at record levels.

Endorsed by Donald Trump, Walker has ridden controversies over his business record, alleged encouragement of abortions, family relationships, and more.

A football star for the University of Georgia, he went on to star for the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL. Earlier this month, CNN reported that he was benefiting from a tax break on a Dallas home described as his principal residence.

On Tuesday, CNN returned to the well, reporting that in January, while discussing immigration policy in a speech to Republicans at the University of Georgia, Walker said: “I live in Texas … I went down to the border off and on sometimes.”

Walker also said: “Everyone asks me, why did I decide to run for a Senate seat? Because to be honest with you, this is never something I ever, ever, ever thought in my life I’d ever do. And that’s the honest truth.

“As I was sitting in my home in Texas, I was sitting in my home in Texas, and I was seeing what was going on in this country. I was seeing what was going on in this country with how they were trying to divide people.”

CNN also said Walker gave at least four interviews about his Georgia run from his Texas home.

When CNN first reported Walker’s Texas tax break, Anthony Michael Kreis, a law professor at Georgia State University, told the network: “This is more of a political problem than a legal one … where Walker can be painted as a carpetbagger.”

This week, however, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that a legal complaint had been filed, urging “state investigators … to probe whether … Walker violated the law by receiving a tax break on his Texas home meant for primary residents of that state even as he runs for federal office in Georgia”.

The paper noted that Walker registered to vote in Georgia in August 2021, shortly before declaring his candidacy.

Nikema Williams, chair of the state Democratic party, told the AJC Walker may have “lied about being a Georgia resident”.

“Georgians deserve answers,” the US congresswoman said, “and Walker must be held accountable for his pattern of lies and disturbing conduct.”

The Walker campaign did not comment.

NO CARPETBAGGERS!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Thought the runoff would be a 5-8pt margin but will be closer however this all makes sense to a in town (inside the perimeter) true conservative/pure libertarian type (who’s fighting off an exhausting rehash of an old story and ready to drop a duece on the forehead of everyone involved, most likely from the Biden admin appointees from afar that even Abrams and Warnock would disagree with regarding my kids elementary school-the lady filing the complaint is a liar talking her pocketbook because every other black parent who was supposedly hurt by what happened has publicly spoken out against her-publicly including a open Mary Lin parents of kids Facebook group if not the AJC)

The Georgia Senate runoff is Raphael Warnock’s to lose

Josh Kraushaar
Josh Kraushaar

Axios on facebook

Axios on twitter

Axios on linkedin

Axios on email

Illustration: Sarah Grillo/Axios
Polls and conversations with top strategists in both parties suggest Tuesday's Georgia Senate runoff will be close — but that Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) holds a small but resilient advantage over Herschel Walker.

Why it matters: Runoffs are typically about turning out your base a second time. But in Georgia, both are targeting a critical mass of swing voters — independent-minded suburbanites just outside Atlanta.

What's happening: Walker's ties to former President Trump — and struggles communicating his positions on the campaign trail — have made him uniquely ill-suited to win over swing voters, who have made the difference in recent closely contested Georgia elections.

A closing ad from the Warnock campaign features footage of Walker speaking about vampire movies, pregnant cows and how "our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air."
The ad shows voters with stunned facial reactions, side by side with Walker's comments.
🧮 By the numbers: On Election Day, Walker underperformed the rest of the Georgia Republican ticket, running 7 points behind Gov. Brian Kemp in Cobb County, an affluent and fast-diversifying county in the Atlanta suburbs.

Among white college-educated voters, Kemp tallied 63%, according to the Edison Research exit poll — a 5-point edge over Walker with that traditionally Republican voting bloc.
Between the lines: The Republican strategy for the runoff is to use Kemp as Walker's leading surrogate on the airwaves, appealing to Republican voters to stick to their partisan instincts.

In November, about 203,000 voters backed Kemp for governor but not Walker for senator.

That big-tent strategy was undermined by Trump's dinner with antisemitic rapper Kanye West (who changed his named to Ye) and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes.

Kemp got ahead of other leading Republicans in issuing a full-throated denunciation of the dinner: "Racism, antisemitism and denial of the Holocaust have no place in the Republican Party."
At the same time, the Walker campaign was declining to comment — and has remained silent ever since, even as leading GOP figures including Mike Pence and Kevin McCarthy have made public statements denouncing antisemitism, Holocaust denial and white supremacy.
Our thought bubble, with Axios Atlanta's Emma Hurt: Walker is using Kemp in TV advertising and mailers, but rarely mentions the governor on the campaign trail.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Walker-Cruz in 2024!

Imagine these two idiots running for the GOPukies. What a campaign that would be.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Rick Scott has got to be the dumbest republiCON on the planet. "Herschel Walker will continue to be a leader in the GOP for years to come." There are no words to communicate the cosmic stupidity of this statement. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:34 am Walker-Cruz in 2024!

Imagine these two idiots running for the GOPukies. What a campaign that would be.
Oh, let’s definitely keep Herschel Walker in the public eye. Decades ago we used to have endearing, funny malapropisms out of the mouth of Yogi Berra. Herschel’s are not endearing, but with apologies to apes, they often are funny. So let’s keep the hits coming.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:33 am
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:34 am Walker-Cruz in 2024!

Oh, let’s definitely keep Herschel Walker in the public eye. Decades ago we used to have endearing, funny malapropisms out of the mouth of Yogi Berra. Herschel’s are not endearing, but with apologies to apes, they often are funny. So let’s keep the hits coming.
Do you mean japes?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The failed candidate that won't quit:

Failed Candidate for Governor Kari Lake Demands She Be Declared Winner
Source: Daily Beast

Failed Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake has filed a lawsuit against Maricopa County officials challenging the certification of election results.

Lake’s 70-page lawsuit calls for “an order setting aside the certified result of the 2022 Arizona gubernatorial election and declaring that Kari Lake is the winner.” Republican Lake, a fervent 2020 election denier, has vehemently claimed the election was rigged after losing by 0.6 percent to Democratic candidate Katie Hobbs.

She tweeted a photo of the lawsuit along with the caption, “LFG.” “If the process was illegitimate then so are the results. Stay tuned, folks,” she tweeted. “Furthermore, if the process was legitimate then so are the results. Let’s find out.”

The election was officially certified Tuesday after a messy process with one rural county delaying its certification in protest. A month before the election, Lake refused to say whether she’d accept the results of the election, repeatedly telling CNN anchor Dana Bash, “I’m going to win the election and I’ll accept that result.”

Read more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/failed-go ... -officials

Loser!

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Arizona court dismisses effort by Secretary of State candidate to overturn his loss:

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... missal.pdf

Finding that the claims were unconscionably late, not supported "by any alleged fact," and "legal conclusions masquerading as facts," the Court directs the parties to brief the issue of whether Finchem and his counsel should be sanctioned for bringing frivolous claims. Another day in crazy town AZ.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

More info on the NY 3rd republiCON artist. He is actually a Florida resident. :lol: Why am I not surprised? :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:07 pm More info on the NY 3rd republiCON artist. He is actually a Florida resident. :lol: Why am I not surprised? :lol: :lol:
Follow the money:

The Daily Beast adds, Santos “has said that his family has a real-estate portfolio, claiming in February that they own 13 properties. But the Times says the only real estate he listed on financial disclosure forms was an apartment in Rio de Janeiro—and no records of other property could be found.” Why?

How could Santos have gone from being evicted, twice, over a total of $12,000 in unpaid rent, to less than five years later self-funding his congressional campaign and claiming to have an annual income of $750,000 along with, as The Beast notes, “millions in dividends as an owner of the Devolder Organization,” while The Times “said it could not locate any assets for the Florida-registered company”?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:07 pm More info on the NY 3rd republiCON artist. He is actually a Florida resident. :lol: Why am I not surprised? :lol: :lol:
Follow the money:

The Daily Beast adds, Santos “has said that his family has a real-estate portfolio, claiming in February that they own 13 properties. But the Times says the only real estate he listed on financial disclosure forms was an apartment in Rio de Janeiro—and no records of other property could be found.” Why?

How could Santos have gone from being evicted, twice, over a total of $12,000 in unpaid rent, to less than five years later self-funding his congressional campaign and claiming to have an annual income of $750,000 along with, as The Beast notes, “millions in dividends as an owner of the Devolder Organization,” while The Times “said it could not locate any assets for the Florida-registered company”?
... there is a bunch of stuff that is really suspicious in this guys past. I suspect US law enforcement have already opened a file. Guy shouldn't be let in the Capitol building until a real security check is run on him. Should not be seated in congress until the entire affair is understood. Going to be real interesting to see how McCarthy handles this. Apparently McCarthy is counting on this guy's vote as one of 218.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:26 pm
Follow the money:

... there is a bunch of stuff that is really suspicious in this guys past. I suspect US law enforcement have already opened a file. Guy shouldn't be let in the Capitol building until a real security check is run on him. Should not be seated in congress until the entire affair is understood. Going to be real interesting to see how McCarthy handles this. Apparently McCarthy is counting on this guy's vote as one of 218.
https://forward.com/news/529130/george- ... y-records/

Yet another fabrication - His alleged maternal grandparents did not flee Ukraine and were not Jewish (as he claims) but rather were born in Brazil. All confirmed by genealogy records.

from his campaign biography -
'Santos, a Long Island Republican, has said that his father was Catholic and his mother was Jewish, and that both faiths “are mine.” The very first line of the “About George” page on his campaign website states: “George’s grandparents fled Jewish persecution in Ukraine, settled in Belgium, and again fled persecution during WWII.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA15xdUY

In addition, questions are now arising after he appears to have filed paperwork as a corporate registered agent on Tuesday stating his place of residence is in Florida as is the corporation.

Additionally, he claims to be openly gay then there's this

"But according to court records obtained by The Daily Beast, Santos appears to be the subject of a previously unacknowledged Sept. 2019 divorce with a woman in Queens County, New York. The divorce—which Santos has not discussed publicly—adds new uncertainty to his already shaky biographical and political claims."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/openly-ga ... with-woman

So far, nobody has discovered any biographical information he has made public that is actually TRUE.

I get that politicians are often disingenuous but the scale of it here is off the charts - :oops:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... it is Trumpian in scale.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So 72 hrs into the NY3 district scam story and the scammer still is not supplying answers to the questions raised. He says he will tell us all next week and we should have a Merry Christmas. :lol: House republiCONs don't want to talk about it. Can't imagine why. :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Lake Decision from Maricopa County:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... uit-tossed
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Another Repukeblicon with a fake record and fabricated resume'. Quite the norm for these CON artists. ;)

SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Questions related to sitting a guy like Santos - Let's say he bails, is it better for McCarthy and his party that this happens before he takes the oath or does it not matter? If he doesn't take the oath does this go to a special election whereas if he does and then resigns or is thrown out the D NY guv gets to choose his replacement?

Return to “POLITICS”