Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Matnum PI

Re: Villanova 2022

Post by Matnum PI »

Jersey (Delbarton) kid. 3rd team AA last season. https://villanova.com/sports/mens-lacro ... bell/12650
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So if Nova finished somehow say 2nd in Big East and Campbell puts up like 35-40g 15-25a and cleans up his Gb/TO performance a bit that could have him in the mix for that too line I would think. Maybe 50-60pts and 25gbs something like that at midfield on a productive team?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Campbell is definitely a great candidate for 1st team
at midfield, as a true midfielder in the modern sense,
a (mostly) offense midfielder.
So difficult to get someone like this with the extreme
specialization at midfield, with so many actual attackmen
playing offensive midfield.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Correct me if I am wrong. But Villanova has not:

1. won the Big East Tournament
2. reached the Quarterfinals in the NCAA Tournament

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see both happen soon.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

gymman1031 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:50 pm Correct me if I am wrong. But Villanova has not:

The Wildcats have made the NCAAs three times in its history. They are 0-3 in the tourney. They lose some talent from last year, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see them challenge Georgetown and Denver.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:52 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:50 pm Correct me if I am wrong. But Villanova has not:

The Wildcats have made the NCAAs three times in its history. They are 0-3 in the tourney. They lose some talent from last year, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see them challenge Georgetown and Denver.
They were 0-5 last year vs. Georgetown and Denver. Three were close games, but still 0-5. I do not see them better than GU, or likely Denver. They key will be if the transfers in make up for the seniors who graduated or took a 5th year elsewhere.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Had a nice win v. Lehigh towards the end of the year and were looking strong. Never know. I just don't see a 1st team middle coming from a 3rd place Big East team the way those awards are doled out which is why I suggested not that they'd need to win but at least come in #2 and be in the hunt for an At Large for Campbell to have a meaningful shot at 1st team AA.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Baum won the Tewarton in 2012 For Colgate. They did win a 1st
Round game in NCAAs and he was a tremendous player but although Colgate was a very good team they were not a particularly “special” team that year. My point
Is if iCampbell is good enough he will get the recognition whether Nova wins the big east or finishes third.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I doubt a third place tram in the conference is putting up a 1st team middie just the way it works. Fair or not. Would have to play like Seibald, Harrison, Rabil basically. Not 40-50pts and a 1:2 Gb/TO line.

That Colgate team beat Maryland last week of the season and then a undefeated and (overranked) #1 UMass in Rd 1 plus a couple of other solid wins. Baum had 96pts. Pretty big difference in comparisons.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:45 am I doubt a third place tram in the conference is putting up a 1st team middie just the way it works. Fair or not. Would have to play like Seibald, Harrison, Rabil basically. Not 40-50pts and a 1:2 Gb/TO line.

That Colgate team beat Maryland last week of the season and then a undefeated and (overranked) #1 UMass in Rd 1 plus a couple of other solid wins. Baum had 96pts. Pretty big difference in comparisons.
Just a quick example for your theory, last year Jack Hannah Denver was a first-team midfielder on a 2nd place Big East team that lost in the first round on the NCAA's. 37 goals 10 assists, tremendous player, Campbell had 32 goals and 8 assists last year so to act like he has no shot at 1st team AA is kinda ridiculous. I am sure there are countless more examples.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

xxxxxxx wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:14 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:45 am I doubt a third place tram in the conference is putting up a 1st team middie just the way it works. Fair or not. Would have to play like Seibald, Harrison, Rabil basically. Not 40-50pts and a 1:2 Gb/TO line.

Just a quick example for your theory, last year Jack Hannah Denver was a first-team midfielder on a 2nd place Big East team that lost in the first round on the NCAA's. 37 goals 10 assists, tremendous player, Campbell had 32 goals and 8 assists last year so to act like he has no shot at 1st team AA is kinda ridiculous. I am sure there are countless more examples.
I said second place not third. It was someone else who said third. And Denver players get the benefit of the doubt over Nova don't you think. The 1st team awards go to the perceived elite programs who play "brutal" schedules. How many times has the big east gotten a third place team into the playoffs?

I checked too and there aren't countless examples of kids from non top ten teams getting 1st team midfield. Go back and check. Comparing Baum to Campbell is crazy. And for the record I'm the one who proposed he was good enough to get the recognition.

(Critical) Reading is fundamental.. Go back and check who suggested he could, if they finished 2nd, in the Big East. But I'm ridiculous
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

I wasn’t saying Campbell should win Tewarton. I was simply saying if he is good enough to be a 1st team AA he should get it regardless of whether or not the team advances far.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HGK25 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:23 am

I wasn’t saying Campbell should win Tewarton. I was simply saying if he is good enough to be a 1st team AA he should get it regardless of whether or not the team advances far.
I agree but it's not really how they dole out the recognition. The name schools get it, pretty much have to at least get into the playoffs or be like 1st team out in order to get 1st team recognition. Whether right or wrong.

Now If you are 3rd in the ACC/BigTen/Ivy then it's up their alley...

Odds are Handley has one spot locked up even if he underperforms before the season starts.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Villanova does a real good job,
year in - year out,

lining up a schedule with schools from the greater
SE PA area 👍
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

DU-fan wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:36 pm Image

almost thought they went a year without adding a kid from Delbarton!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”