2022 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: 2022 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:42 pmThanks and fun. I’m going to have to teach him more about players and teams because all he knows is Hobart is awesome, Syracuse & Cornell are dirty cheaters and that he wants to draft a really old about to retire NLL goalie named Mike Poulin so we may come in last but will be one fun losing effort.
An awful strategy and you'll still beat numerous teams within our league. Go with it...

Also, if you get him into HS lacrosse, that helps. A lot.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Appreciate the tips. I figure I once got beat in a $500 buy in NCAA BB tourney pool by a colleague who’s daughter made the picks and he won because she picked like “angry birds” (forget now was like nearly a decade ago but pretty sure it was a Louisville vs either Kansas or Kentucky final). It’s all in doing it with him for me.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:54 pmIt’s all in doing it with him for me.
I totally hear that. And this league is a good one for this dynamic as there are so many great HS players. Gold everywhere. Just a question of figuring out which will shine the most over their 4 year college career. and, of course, grabbing the players you like. e.g. If you live in Philly, it's fun to grab Philly HS players. I love this part. I'd imagine a 9 year-old would have a similar experience. Rooting for the boys from your backyard. Or whatever other connection you may have with certain players.
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Didn’t think of incoming FR from HS. Will try my best. Being in Atlanta there’s maybe a diamond here or there but my loyalty to upstate/CNY/WNY will probably have me focus there over other pockets. Throw in some NE west and similar prep schools. There’s a lot of Syracuse fans who think section 3 is dead and buried. Not sure I agree but have seen commentary on that so we will see.
See Martin, Malcolm
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:48 am Didn’t think of incoming FR from HS. Will try my best. Being in Atlanta there’s maybe a diamond here or there but my loyalty to upstate/CNY/WNY will probably have me focus there over other pockets. Throw in some NE west and similar prep schools. There’s a lot of Syracuse fans who think section 3 is dead and buried. Not sure I agree but have seen commentary on that so we will see.
I've mentioned the decline in section 3 talent and it being a big reason for Syracuse's decline, but I also notice that Army seems to be recruiting pretty well from section 3, so there are a few sides to it.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:56 am...section 3 talent...
exactly. your kid may grow to really like some section 3 kid, you may even follow him since he was in 8th grade and no one has heard of him, and then... someone else drafts him. your kid will notice every time that missed draftee gets a point. or, conversely, you grab a section 3 kid in the 6th round of the draft and he puts up big points for 4 years. it'll make his heart grow warm. what i'm trying to say is that this league is a conduit for hatred towards the other coaches and a love for talented players when these coaches who i genuinely don't like don't ruin the fun for me.
Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:03 am
exactly. your kid may grow to really like some section 3 kid, you may even follow him since he was in 8th grade and no one has heard of him, and then... someone else drafts him. your kid will notice every time that missed draftee gets a point. or, conversely, you grab a section 3 kid in the 6th round of the draft and he puts up big points for 4 years. it'll make his heart grow warm. what i'm trying to say is that this league is a conduit for hatred towards the other coaches and a love for talented players when these coaches who i genuinely don't like don't ruin the fun for me.
Kevin Rice is still one of my top 5 favorite players ever because I got him in, I believe, the 4th round and he was great for 2 years in fantasy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:56 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:48 am Didn’t think of incoming FR from HS. Will try my best. Being in Atlanta there’s maybe a diamond here or there but my loyalty to upstate/CNY/WNY will probably have me focus there over other pockets. Throw in some NE west and similar prep schools. There’s a lot of Syracuse fans who think section 3 is dead and buried. Not sure I agree but have seen commentary on that so we will see.
I've mentioned the decline in section 3 talent and it being a big reason for Syracuse's decline, but I also notice that Army seems to be recruiting pretty well from section 3, so there are a few sides to it.
There’s been a few and I’ve seen the decline in general of that region first hand, 3 & 4, so it’s not crazy.
See Martin, Malcolm
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

The Owen Hiltz injury is definitely a hit to my chances at my first championship. I have a few guys who might get considerable playing time for their teams on attack, but I don't think they'll be scoring like Hiltz does.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:12 am
Kevin Rice is still one of my top 5 favorite players ever because I got him in, I believe, the 4th round and he was great for 2 years in fantasy.
I met Kevin back in 2019 when he was playing for the Archers, outstanding young man, could not meet a nicer guy!!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:22 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:12 am
I met Kevin back in 2019 when he was playing for the Archers, outstanding young man, could not meet a nicer guy!!
Now that I think about it, met Austin Sims that evening as well, world class young man!!!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:38 pm A hit for NJLax. Sprock. https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ates/58861

:( :o :shock: :o
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Does anyone ever pick “emotional hedge” teams by picking top players from opponents on the schedule? So like if your team wins in the Wal world your content and if they lose at least you win here?

(*I did this for a couple of years on a Capitala markets floor I worked on where we had a first Friday of the month random number generator payroll pool-I’d pick low below consensus payroll number because rates would skew down so it would hurt our sexuritization business but id at least win the pool. Eventually a boss pointed out I was winning like $250-$500 but if the conditions persists my bonus was literally 100-250x lower at year end. Maybe that’s not the best strategy now that I think about it…)
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:50 pm Does anyone ever pick “emotional hedge” teams by picking top players from opponents on the schedule? So like if your team wins in the Wal world your content and if they lose at least you win here?
I don't understand what you're suggesting...
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So realize it’s individual players rather than teams but say I have JJ Lombardi/Piatelli and Hobart is playing Cornell. I want Hobart to monkey stomp them at the end of the day in which I’d presume Lombardi/Piatelii doesn’t have as good of a game. Conversely if Cornell wins I’m still bummed but on the bright side those guys probably had good games and I’m doing better in fantasy. May not work out that way in either case, ideal is Hobart win and my fantasy guys still lit it up (best case is they just close a ten goal deficit with some garbage stats late like a gambling “bad beat”), but it would seem as most would pick guys on teams they like as much as possible and wondering if going the other way makes sense for anyone.
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:36 am...if going the other way makes sense for anyone.
I dunno. Grabbing a Cornell player because they play Hobart. Once. I dunno. But I hear it...
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:00 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:36 am...if going the other way makes sense for anyone.
I dunno. Grabbing a Cornell player because they play Hobart. Once. I dunno. But I hear it...
It does feel dirty to me. Like marrying your best friends ex wife or something.
See Martin, Malcolm
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:09 am

I’m a jets fan and usually would never pick players from the patriots. But it probably wasn’t a great strategy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:29 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:09 am
Avoiding Patriots or being a Jets fan? Think I agree on both sides.
I’m a jets fan and usually would never pick players from the patriots. But it probably wasn’t a great strategy.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”