Colorado College
Ithaca
Ursinus
OWU
Amherst
richard

Re: Early Rankings 2022

Post by richard »

Salisbury has a heck of a reload to do to get to #1.
ergit

Post by ergit »

How quickly they forget…
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Are these your thoughts or are you taking this list from a particular publication?

I would downgrade Amherst and Colorado College for the upcoming season - Woods will be putting a program back together under difficult circumstances, and Colorado College doesn't even have a coach at this point.

I would put F&M, Catholic and Cortland in the mix. I also think Conn College might cause some trouble in the NESCAC.

No love for the ODAC on your list either. Very disappointing. Where is W&L? :lol:
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:40 am :shock:
Thanks for getting the conversation going. Love the hate, “The first guy through the door always gets bloody” as they say. It’s easy to take shots at your list without giving a list of their own.

Personally, RIT is the champ so I’ve got them up top.
I still have Amherst hanging around also, I want to see that talent with this coach though.

1. RIT
2. Salisbury
3. Tufts
4. Lynchburg
5. Cabrini
6. York
7. F&M
8. Gettysburg
9. CNU
10. St Lawrence
11. Stevenson
12. St John Fisher
13. Union
14. Williams
15. Denison
16. Ursinus
17. Stevens
18. Amherst
19. Ithaca
20. RPI
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

Personally, RIT is the champ so I’ve got them up top.
I still have Amherst hanging around also, I want to see that talent with this coach though.

1. RIT
2. Salisbury
3. Tufts
4. Lynchburg
5. Cabrini
6. York
7. F&M
8. Gettysburg
9. CNU
10. St Lawrence
11. Stevenson
12. St John Fisher
13. Union
14. Williams
15. Denison
16. Ursinus
17. Stevens
18. Amherst
19. Ithaca
20. RPI

And Salisbury plays 7 of those teams, they shall be tested for sure. The question of them reloading? I'm sure not much of a reload, as Coach Berkman says" Same game, just a different cast of characters." Been a few players waiting for their time, and some with a bunch of eligibility. Seniors with 3 years left? Very, very interesting.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

1. RIT- Champs get the nod here
2. Salisbury- 15 Seconds away and a bad call from 13 rings.... They will again be there in 2022
3. Tufts- Are the NESCAC Champs poised for another run?.. Hopefully they can figure out their Defense
4. Lynchburg- Coach K has created one of the toughest teams on the entire country
5. York- Childs is the best coach in NCAA, beyond disciplined in every aspect is this the year they take the step
6. F&M- The Dips are the best team in the CC now. I think it stays that way with Janczyk retiring
7. Cabrini- Cake walking to the NCAA's due to the conference but still a threat each year
8. CNU- Can CNU build off of the weird year and repeat the run they had last season
9. Williams- How much did covid set this team back. I still think the talent in the NESCAC is unmatched
10. St Lawrence - Is this the year that RIT is knocked off?
11. Stevenson- Last year beating York in the regular season but the shutout loss in the MAC Championship has to hurt. Pool C got a whole lot harder with everyone playing
12. St John Fisher- This team has to be one of the oldest and most seasoned in d3. Can they keep it going
13. Amherst- This may be overinflated and IDK how much they still have up there. Still wouldn't want to play the Lord Jeffs
14.W&L- Year in and out the talent is always there to play with anyone, can we see it all click
15. Denison- Coach Koch is the new man, can the Big Red stay above the rest in the NCAC
16. Union- I don't know enough about this team outside of this feels about right where what they will finish in the polls
17. Muhlenberg- This pick is strictly based on how much better this program has gotten. If they bring everyone back watch out CC
18. Gettysburg- Coach Janczyk gone, half the roster sat out last year, how good will they be with a new staff?
19. Ursinus- 2 pretty good seasons before 2021. Can they keep it going ,Coach Merc is as competitive as they come
20. OWU- Only loss was to Denison last season, should have made the NCAA
21. Middlebury- This feels right as I realized I only had 3 NESCACS in the top 20. I wouldn't be shocked if this team makes the NCAA
22. Trinity- A lot of talk about them last year. Does it come together in 2022
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:56 pm 1. RIT- Champs get the nod here
2. Salisbury- 15 Seconds away and a bad call from 13 rings.... They will again be there in 2022
3. Tufts- Are the NESCAC Champs poised for another run?.. Hopefully they can figure out their Defense
4. Lynchburg- Coach K has created one of the toughest teams on the entire country
5. York- Childs is the best coach in NCAA, beyond disciplined in every aspect is this the year they take the step
6. F&M- The Dips are the best team in the CC now. I think it stays that way with Janczyk retiring
7. Cabrini- Cake walking to the NCAA's due to the conference but still a threat each year
8. CNU- Can CNU build off of the weird year and repeat the run they had last season
9. Williams- How much did covid set this team back. I still think the talent in the NESCAC is unmatched
11. Stevenson- Last year beating York in the regular season but the shutout loss in the MAC Championship has to hurt. Pool C got a whole lot harder with everyone playing
12. St John Fisher- This team has to be one of the oldest and most seasoned in d3. Can they keep it going
13. Amherst- This may be overinflated and IDK how much they still have up there. Still wouldn't want to play the Lord Jeffs
14.W&L- Year in and out the talent is always there to play with anyone, can we see it all click
15. Denison- Coach Koch is the new man, can the Big Red stay above the rest in the NCAC
16. Union- I don't know enough about this team outside of this feels about right where what they will finish in the polls
17. Muhlenberg- This pick is strictly based on how much better this program has gotten. If they bring everyone back watch out CC
18. Gettysburg- Coach Janczyk gone, half the roster sat out last year, how good will they be with a new staff?
19. Ursinus- 2 pretty good seasons before 2021. Can they keep it going ,Coach Merc is as competitive as they come
21. Middlebury- This feels right as I realized I only had 3 NESCACS in the top 20. I wouldn't be shocked if this team makes the NCAA
Is the bad call a blatant interference? Don't be salty....
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Sidelinehorn! wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:11 pm

It was interference. The call was correct. I should have clarified. I meant the 20 yard running head start before blowing the whistle
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

1. Salisbury
2. Tufts
3. R.I.T
4. Lynchburg
5. York
6. Cabrini
7. CNU
8. St. John Fisher
9. F & M
10. Denison
11. Union
12. Williams
13. St. Lawrence
14. Ursinus
15. W & L
16. Cortland
17. OWU
18. Gettysburg
19. Stevenson
20. Stevens
21. Hampden Sydney
22. Colorado College
23. Wesleyan
24. John Carroll
25. Illinois Wesleyan

:mrgreen:
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Not sure how I left off F&M. I know I was fixated on Keating leaving along with Rigsby and Beatty. I felt Keating made up for a lot of F&M’s sins. Curious to see early coach’s poll and get feedback from fall ball. CNU, Lynchburg and York may be teams to make the next step. 5th year players at both CNU snd Lynchburg will be significant. The coach at York has created a great program
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 pm
Sidelinehorn! wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:11 pm

It was interference. The call was correct. I should have clarified. I meant the 20 yard running head start before blowing the whistle
Fair. I think the refs were as excited as the fans!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

None of these lists should include Amherst. Given their past year, they are essentially a first year program in the toughest conference in the nation, with little to no administrative support.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I think the top 3 are right but until you know who will return as super seniors it is kind of a crapshoot. Salisbury looks to be returning several top guys but a couple are moving on and Apgar has left for Rutgers. Looks like Tufts and RIT can be bringing back several Super Seniors but we may not know for a little while. I believe that Lynchburg has lost their best defenseman and F&M has lost their top scorer and maybe their top 2 guys. York returns a ton of kids and could be in position to compete for one of the top spot as they play several of these teams OOC.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

JBFortunato wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:37 am Are these your thoughts or are you taking this list from a particular publication?

I would downgrade Amherst and Colorado College for the upcoming season - Woods will be putting a program back together under difficult circumstances, and Colorado College doesn't even have a coach at this point.

I would put F&M, Catholic and Cortland in the mix. I also think Conn College might cause some trouble in the NESCAC.

No love for the ODAC on your list either. Very disappointing. Where is W&L? :lol:
W&L have lost 2 outstanding assistant coaches the past 2 years.They don’t get many transfers or 5th year players like Lynchburg or CNU although I believe Witherell is back? They graduated an outstanding goalie. There are a lot of holes there more so than they have had in awhile. No schedule yet but I’m sure it will be tough. Looked at the freshman recruiting class as well as those who just recently committed and I don’t see any AJ Witherell’s in either group so I’d like to wait and see some fall ball and a schedule before I’m thinking they are top 20 this year
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:02 pm 1. Salisbury
2. Tufts
3. R.I.T
4. Lynchburg
5. York
6. Cabrini
7. CNU
8. St. John Fisher
9. F & M
10. Denison
11. Union
12. Williams
13. St. Lawrence
14. Ursinus
15. W & L
16. Cortland
17. OWU
18. Gettysburg
19. Stevenson
20. Stevens
21. Hampden Sydney
22. Colorado College
23. Wesleyan
24. John Carroll
25. Illinois Wesleyan

Hey SLG, I see you are on board now .... nice
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Unknown Participant wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:48 pm
2. Tufts
3. R.I.T
4. Lynchburg
5. York
6. Cabrini
7. CNU
8. St. John Fisher
9. F & M
10. Denison
11. Union
12. Williams
13. St. Lawrence
14. Ursinus
15. W & L
16. Cortland
17. OWU
18. Gettysburg
19. Stevenson
20. Stevens
21. Hampden Sydney
22. Colorado College
23. Wesleyan
24. John Carroll
25. Illinois Wesleyan

Wonder if that's a NESCAC reference :?:

Maybe it is because I put Salisbury #1 8-)

RIT (like the '07 Colts) were due :lol:
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

I'll take a crack.

1. RIT
2. York
3. Tufts
4. Salisbury
5. Lynchburg
6. Cabrini
7. Saint John Fisher
8. Christopher Newport
9. Williams
10. Denison
11. Gettysburg
12. Union
13. Middlebury
14. St. Lawrence
15. Stevenson
16. Washington & Lee
17. Franklin & Marshall
18. Wesleyan
19. Colorado College
20. Ohio Wesleyan

Others Considered: Amherst, Baldwin-Wallace, Catholic, Centre, Cortland, Dickinson, Geneseo, Hamden-Sydney, Ithaca, Muhlenburg, Southern Virginia, Stevens Tech, Ursinus
LaxDad45

Post by LaxDad45 »

Don’t sleep on Roanoke. Young team on the rise!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:41 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:48 pm
2. Tufts
3. R.I.T
4. Lynchburg
5. York
6. Cabrini
7. CNU
8. St. John Fisher
9. F & M
10. Denison
11. Union
12. Williams
13. St. Lawrence
14. Ursinus
15. W & L
16. Cortland
17. OWU
18. Gettysburg
19. Stevenson
20. Stevens
21. Hampden Sydney
22. Colorado College
23. Wesleyan
24. John Carroll
25. Illinois Wesleyan

Wonder if that's a NESCAC reference :?:

Maybe it is because I put Salisbury #1 8-)

RIT (like the '07 Colts) were due :lol:
It was as you had Tufts at 13 (or so) in your first poll last year. But I like this overall.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”