Landmark Conference 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LI_Lax14

Re: Landmark Conference 2022

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Would be interesting if Crowley returns to Catholic. Alot of young guys stepped up down the stretch with injuries and having someone like Crowley back puts them in great shape. Curious to see who Coach Sax is bringing in now that alot of his key contributors are graduating.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Coach Kelly stepped down at Goucher. No current coaches on staff at all.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Good coach that was in a tough situation. Curious to see the route the school goes. They really took it on the chin during Covid.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:21 pm Good coach that was in a tough situation. Curious to see the route the school goes. They really took it on the chin during Covid.
Yes we did. My son is not happy having to start over with no coaches or recruiting class.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

A real shame about Goucher Coach hope they remedy the situation for the guys who have gone through this,
If Crowley is entering the transfer portal he has no loyalty to catholic in which case I hope he moves on, I cant wait until the teams get recruits and coach the teams up rather that what has been going on for the past 2 years throughout the conferences. with eligibility some guys are transferring and playing 6 years its ridiculous. The younger guys coming in are not getting the chance to play because of it, there are juniors who would have normally been getting playing time but are behind 5th year guys who should have moved on. Marylands best player is in his 6th year its insane
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

I hear that. My son will only get 3 years of LAX. I'm not paying full price for a 5th college year he doesn't need just to play lax. I wish I could afford it, but damn.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

laxbro1955 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:08 pm A real shame about Goucher Coach hope they remedy the situation for the guys who have gone through this,
If Crowley is entering the transfer portal he has no loyalty to catholic in which case I hope he moves on, I cant wait until the teams get recruits and coach the teams up rather that what has been going on for the past 2 years throughout the conferences. with eligibility some guys are transferring and playing 6 years its ridiculous. The younger guys coming in are not getting the chance to play because of it, there are juniors who would have normally been getting playing time but are behind 5th year guys who should have moved on. Marylands best player is in his 6th year its insane
Well you’ve got a few more years to wait. 2026 will be the first normal year. Honestly if the kids on the bench were that good they’d be playing. If the younger guys want to play they can earn it just like everyone else. There are plenty of underclass players getting it done in this era
ah23

Post by ah23 »

I'd imagine that beating out a fifth/sixth year senior is quite a bit different than the normal challenge of winning a position battle of someone on a normal four-year path.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I think it would be impossible to beat out a 5th year for the reason that Im sure the coach must be telling them they will play if they come there as an incentive why else would they come back or transfer in. Is really going to screw up recruiting some kids know they are good enough to start as sophomores but there will not be a slot. Look at Christopher Newport they had 10 Grad students on team how much playing time did the juniors becoming seniors get.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

laxbro1955 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:24 pm I think it would be impossible to beat out a 5th year for the reason that Im sure the coach must be telling them they will play if they come there as an incentive why else would they come back or transfer in. Is really going to screw up recruiting some kids know they are good enough to start as sophomores but there will not be a slot. Look at Christopher Newport they had 10 Grad students on team how much playing time did the juniors becoming seniors get.
I feel like CNU is a bad example of that. Only 3 of their 5th years started. The others were smaller role players. 2 of them were second line middies and then 2 of them were the 3rd and 4th D-Mid. Their junior class included a duo of 1st and 2nd AA middies, 2 starting D guys, starting D-mid, 2 attackman with 60+ points, and an AA goalie. They also had a 2nd Team AA freshman Fogo.

If you’re good enough to play then you’re good enough to play. All 5th years coming back aren’t guaranteed to start.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”