MD Public 2022

HS Boys Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: MD Public 2022

Post by Matnum PI »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:21 am Anyone going to the games today?
Considered going (and still considering) but, currently, I'm not feeling it...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:21 am Anyone going to the games today?
Considered going (and still considering) but, currently, I'm not feeling it...
Rain is supposed to be gone by 1'ish. Too damned wet to do any yardwork....so I'll likely head that way, at least for the 4pm game.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:09 pm ....so I'll likely head that way, at least for the 4pm game.
...which'll probably be the better game.
Caddy Day
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

What are the predictions for tonight?

KI 13 Huntington 7
Southern 9. Fallston 8
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Tough to watch this game online. The announcers clearly don’t understand how the game is played. And they keep going on and on about how in shock they are that KI is dominating.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

They way these announcers are talking, you would think it was a JV team beating U of Maryland. This is embarrassing for the announcers to be this uninformed
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just got home from game. I don't think KI won a single faceoff, had to fight tooth and nail for a couple loose balls after the initial clamp loss. KI goalie is legit....headed to Lehigh I believe.

KI goalie and Htown faceoff guy cancel each other out...meaning KI had a handful more skilled players in between the lines that where the difference. Htown was far more scrappy and chipped away to get it within 1 mid fourth qtr, then some sloppiness gave KI the edge. A couple late final minute goals by KI while Htown was fighting for the ball inside the box under 2minutes....(stupid arse rule BTW in NFHS Rules).

Huntingtown was certainly giving them a run for their money.

Congratulations to Kent Island staff and players!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:33 pm Just got home from game. I don't think KI won a single faceoff, had to fight tooth and nail for a couple loose balls after the initial clamp loss. KI goalie is legit....headed to Lehigh I believe.

KI goalie and Htown faceoff guy cancel each other out...meaning KI had a handful more skilled players in between the lines that where the difference. Htown was far more scrappy and chipped away to get it within 1 mid fourth qtr, then some sloppiness gave KI the edge. A couple late final minute goals by KI while Htown was fighting for the ball inside the box under 2minutes....(stupid arse rule BTW in NFHS Rules).

KI has more talent and was better prepared. KI played a solid schedule this year with Boys Latin, St Marys, Broadneck.
I never thought it would be close. It should have been a blowout, but I think KI let off the gas when up 7-2 in the third.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Southern up 5-1 in the first. They are in track to set the record for goals.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Jumbo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:33 pm Just got home from game. I don't think KI won a single faceoff, had to fight tooth and nail for a couple loose balls after the initial clamp loss. KI goalie is legit....headed to Lehigh I believe.

KI has more talent and was better prepared. KI played a solid schedule this year with Boys Latin, St Marys, Broadneck.
I never thought it would be close. It should have been a blowout, but I think KI let off the gas when up 7-2 in the third.
Ehh…maybe, KI had a handful of failed clears and turnovers in that Htown run between 7-2 and then 8-5 in the 3rd. I believe an EMO goal as well.
~Livy
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

southern is dominating.
I am expecting SP to dominate tomorrow
Broadneck is favored Thursday.

The Annapolis area schools are representing this year
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Ok. This is embarrassing for these announcers. They clearly have no understanding of lacrosse. They just said if a player has a stick that is too deep , could be just an inch too deep, the player and stick are disqualified for the game and any goals scored by that player are taken away. The are talking so confident like they know, but they keep getting rules wrong.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Jumbo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:27 pm Ok. This is embarrassing for these announcers. They clearly have no understanding of lacrosse. They just said if a player has a stick that is too deep , could be just an inch too deep, the player and stick are disqualified for the game and any goals scored by that player are taken away. The are talking so confident like they know, but they keep getting rules wrong.
:lol: :lol:
~Livy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

TODAY: Severna Park vs. Mount Hebron...
Caddy Day
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:56 pm
Jumbo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:37 pm

Ehh…maybe, KI had a handful of failed clears and turnovers in that Htown run between 7-2 and then 8-5 in the 3rd. I believe an EMO goal as well.
I dont know about "should have been." HTown is a talented team and has been a tough, feisty team this year. It was a good game, congrats to KI on the win, and congrats to HTown on a fine performance all season long.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:46 am TODAY: Severna Park vs. Mount Hebron...
My guess is all 40 plus players get to see minutes today. And if Hebron tries to slow things down and go zone, #6 has not seen a shot he doesn't like....and can sting corners from 15+ all day.

I'll go with 15-5 as the final.

EDIT: fixed sentence structure
Last edited by youthathletics on Wed May 25, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Livy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

youthathletics wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:44 pm I'll go with 15-5 as the final.
Too big a spread in the score but... I agree with the outcome.
Caddy Day
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:57 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:44 pm I'll go with 15-5 as the final.
Too big a spread in the score but... I agree with the outcome.
You think SP is going to play nice and go easy on them? :D
~Livy
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

The only way SP doesn’t win by 10, is if they start playing backups early
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Jumbo wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:27 pm The only way SP doesn’t win by 10, is if they start playing backups early
I'll take the under...
Caddy Day

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”