2018 - Greenie's Tim Rotanz

2018 Draft and Rosters
Matnum PI

2018 - Greenie's Tim Rotanz

Post by Matnum PI »

In 2017, Greenie was a first year coach and Tim Rotanz was listed as such: Tim Rotanz SR M UMD. In actuality, Rotanz was a R-JR.
In 2018, Every coach, Greenie included, received an e-mail from me saying, This is your current roster where Rotanz was listed as GRADUATED. Coaches need to submit a pre-Draft Roster and, for obvious reasons, Greenie dropped Rotanz.
In 2018, post-Draft, it was discovered that Rotanz was a R-JR. Greenie did not complain, protest, or otherwise.

With all this said, I don't think it makes sense that Greenie loses Rotanz. Technically, Rotanz is currently an Undrafted player. But he's not. Rotanz is Greenie's player. Moving Rotanz from Undrafted to Greenie's squad will obviously improve Greenie's squad. But, otherwise, it does not effect anyone's team. To keep Rotanz as Undrafted strikes me as petty. I think Rotanz should be returned to Greenie's roster and Greenie's last pick/add, Logan Maccani JR M OSU, should be removed.

If anyone objects, chime in. Otherwise, we'll make the change at noon on Tuesday.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
PALax11

Re: 2018 - Greenie's Tim Rotanz

Post by PALax11 »

Are you feeling okay, Matt?!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Just seems wrong that a coach loses a player because they didn't check their graduating players were actually graduating. Doesn't effect anyone else, it is their rightful player. i dunno.
Caddy Day
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

I agree. The Red shirts can be tricky. When we traded emails before the draft you were nice enough to point out one of mine. Of course this is the reigning league champ...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Agreed. Greenie cannot win the league again. Certainly not 2 years in a row. With this said, just seems silly that Greenie loses Rotanz based on a technicality. How about this, Greenie gets Rotanz and then if it looks like Greenie is about to make a play-off run, we'll implement the Senior Rule or something else we'll make up and we'll make sure that Greenie's roster implodes. Rotanz is fine. Another Championship run is not. On that, we most certainly agree.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

for the record, if rotanz "graduated" and it wasn't clear Greenie would've kept him and then all of a sudden he's putting up points, i'd feel differently. Rotanz was/is a must-keep and... It was a mess-up. I say this in case a similar situation occurs in the future. This Rotanz case is an obvious red-shirt mistake. Nothing less, nothing more.
Caddy Day
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

I play greenie down the line so I’d rather he not have rotanz but I agree that he deserves him in this case
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Me, too. You in Week Two, me in Week Three. If Rotanz puts up too many points in Week One, we may have to implement the Senior Rule. Season cut short due to MLL obligations.
Caddy Day
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

Matnum PI wrote:In 2017, Greenie was a first year coach and Tim Rotanz was listed as such: Tim Rotanz SR M UMD. In actuality, Rotanz was a R-JR. In 2018, Every coach, Greenie included, received an e-mail from me saying, This is your current roster where Rotanz was listed as GRADUATED. Coaches need to submit a pre-Draft Roster and, for obvious reasons, Greenie dropped Rotanz. In 2018, post-Draft, it was discovered that Rotanz was a R-JR. Greenie did not complain, protest, or otherwise. With all this said, I don't think it makes sense that Greenie loses Rotanz. Technically, Rotanz is currently an Undrafted player. But he's not. Rotanz is Greenie's player. Moving Rotanz from Undrafted to Greenie's squad will obviously improve Greenie's squad. But, otherwise, it does not effect anyone's team. To keep Rotanz as Undrafted strikes me as petty. I think Rotanz should be returned to Greenie's roster and Greenie's last pick/add, Logan Maccani JR M OSU, should be removed. If anyone objects, chime in. Otherwise, we'll make the change at noon on Tuesday.
I was ready to bite the rookie mistake bullet on this one (not double checking the GRAD indications on the pre-draft roster), but I'm not gonna lie--I completely agree that the technicality shouldn't rule--form over substance, blah, blah, blah. Besides, as Mat and I exchanged when I discovered the error, what would really have been bad is if someone else had realized he hadn't graduated and had drafted him. I had, though, resigned myself to amending my weekly point totals with the had-I-not-made-this-stupid-mistake version, just so I could kick myself all season long. All that said, I do appreciate the reasonable fix--thank you.

"and then if it looks like Greenie is about to make a play-off run, we'll implement the Senior Rule or something else we'll make up and we'll make sure that Greenie's roster implodes. Rotanz is fine. Another Championship run is not. On that, we most certainly agree." "...If Rotanz puts up too many points in Week One, we may have to implement the Senior Rule. Season cut short due to MLL obligations."

You'll hear plenty of complaining when we reach either of these points ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you win, Greenie, you'll be the Syracuse '90 of NCAA Lacrosse. Asterisks.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

If we were voting whether he gets to keep Rotanz, I would vote no. If we want this to be somewhat realistic, then he should have to put in the work to know that Rotanz has eligibility and make the correction before setting his roster.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I dunno. Seems like an honest mistake and excessive to lose one's top middy (that they drafted) due to a clerical error. With this said, I hear you.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

admin wrote:I dunno. Seems like an honest mistake and excessive to lose one's top middy (that they drafted) due to a clerical error. With this said, I hear you.
If it was a middie who barely scored any points would the ruling be different? It doesn't seem like it should be different.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't think it would be different.

Return to “2018 DRAFT AND ROSTERS”