York 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
lando622

Re: York 2022

Post by lando622 »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:13 am Highlights of the great conference win over Stevenson.

https://ycpspartans.com/news/2022/4/28/ ... enson.aspx

I like that the media team is now embedding the highlights up on the page with the write up & box score. I think it’s a nice touch.
That is a nice touch...subtle upgrade to the norm. Thanks for mentioning it.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Big weekend for the Spartans if the win this tonight and Saturday does it push them into a top seed in the NCAA’s. The rams in front of them would have played and two would have lost but Union already lost last night and is Salisbury takes a beating from CNU again does that push York into the top 3, if they win the MAC? As others have said they could be in the north or the south. I understand that RPI is important but York's schedule appears to be far harder than Dickinson and if Salisbury gets another lose so close to the playoffs does not move them to 3 or 4?
ergit

Post by ergit »

Asgot wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:49 am Big weekend for the Spartans if the win this tonight and Saturday does it push them into a top seed in the NCAA’s. The rams in front of them would have played and two would have lost but Union already lost last night and is Salisbury takes a beating from CNU again does that push York into the top 3, if they win the MAC? As others have said they could be in the north or the south. I understand that RPI is important but York's schedule appears to be far harder than Dickinson and if Salisbury gets another lose so close to the playoffs does not move them to 3 or 4?
York will be no higher than fifth and will probably end up ranked sixth as they are currently in USILA poll. That is pretty much where they should be.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Asgot wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:49 am Big weekend for the Spartans if the win this tonight and Saturday does it push them into a top seed in the NCAA’s. The rams in front of them would have played and two would have lost but Union already lost last night and is Salisbury takes a beating from CNU again does that push York into the top 3, if they win the MAC? As others have said they could be in the north or the south. I understand that RPI is important but York's schedule appears to be far harder than Dickinson and if Salisbury gets another lose so close to the playoffs does not move them to 3 or 4?
I don’t see a scenario where York becomes the top seed for their region this year. That will be Salisbury or CNU’s place when the dust settles in the C2C. I have a bad feeling that York will, yet again, play in a very difficult quadrant of the bracket. Hoping for the best.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Honestly, if York is in the South CNU and Salisbury are really the only teams that worry me. I think that they are better than Dickinson and Lynchburg, but I am concerned that they will be forced on the road in the first round like last year.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

ergit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:59 am
York will be no higher than fifth and will probably end up ranked sixth as they are currently in USILA poll. That is pretty much where they should be.
Not convinced that Union or SJF ( with 3 losses) deserves to be ahead of York. York’ worst lost is to number 3 in the country. We will see
ergit

Post by ergit »

Asgot wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:17 pm
ergit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:59 am
Not convinced that Union or SJF ( with 3 losses) deserves to be ahead of York. York’ worst lost is to number 3 in the country. We will see
On the flip side…
York beats #12, #15, #18 and #19 ranked
Union beats #5, #8, #10 and #16 ranked

You could argue York ahead of SJF, Union not as much.
It is subjective, no doubt.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Asgot wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:17 pm Not convinced that Union or SJF ( with 3 losses) deserves to be ahead of York. York’ worst lost is to number 3 in the country. We will see
In my personal evals having watched them all play, I see York Union and StJF in “that next group” together. In no particular order.

The poll rankings of beaten teams have absolutely no bearing on anything. Best I can tell, the selection folks use that calculation (referenced in the selection thread) to seed everyone regionally. Then they use that score, which is weighted heavily on “in-region” factors (Ranking in region, wins over regionally ranked teams etc.), in order to compare teams out of region to one another.

Who knows how it will shake out.
Last edited by DeepPocket on Thu May 05, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

One issue will be the bracket integrity. If they take 4 Liberty and 4 Nescac then I see it as unlikely that they will be bumped to the north. Then they are competing with CNU, Salisbury, Dickinson, and the geographically advantaged Denison. All would likely host before them.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

InsiderRoll wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:35 pm One issue will be the bracket integrity. If they take 4 Liberty and 4 Nescac then I see it as unlikely that they will be bumped to the north. Then they are competing with CNU, Salisbury, Dickinson, and the geographically advantaged Denison. All would likely host before them.
Please tell me what Dickinson son has done to host over York. There schedule is far weaker than York and please do not tell me they are undefeated, they should be with that schedule
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Asgot wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:26 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:35 pm One issue will be the bracket integrity. If they take 4 Liberty and 4 Nescac then I see it as unlikely that they will be bumped to the north. Then they are competing with CNU, Salisbury, Dickinson, and the geographically advantaged Denison. All would likely host before them.
Please tell me what Dickinson son has done to host over York. There schedule is far weaker than York and please do not tell me they are undefeated, they should be with that schedule
Dickinson is 7-0 vs regionally ranked opponents. York is 5-2.

Dickinson has a weighted SOS of .61
York has a weighted SOS of .58

So better record and stronger SOS, York just played widener and Dickinson played Ursinus. York plays Stevenson and Dickinson plays Gettysburg. The SOS gap is going to widen even more than it already is.

Dickinson a resume is stronger in every single measurable aspect. The MAC drags down Yorks SOS considerably. Dickinson might actually be able to lose and still be seeded higher than York. Sorry bud, the numbers don’t support your belief.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

You are probably right and Dickinson will probably get the home game but looking at the schedule they have 5 common opponents and with the exception of Gettysburg (who Dickinson beat at home while York beat them on the road on Senior day) every other game York was more impressive in their wins than Dickinson was i.e. Dickinson beat F&M and E-town by a goal or 2 while York beat them by 11 each.
I am a fan of the eye test, I have seen both of these teams play multiple times and on a neutral field, I think York wins by 4-5.
We will see as they both have dangerous games on Saturday and a loss could change alot.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Asgot wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:29 am You are probably right and Dickinson will probably get the home game but looking at the schedule they have 5 common opponents and with the exception of Gettysburg (who Dickinson beat at home while York beat them on the road on Senior day) every other game York was more impressive in their wins than Dickinson was i.e. Dickinson beat F&M and E-town by a goal or 2 while York beat them by 11 each.
I am a fan of the eye test, I have seen both of these teams play multiple times and on a neutral field, I think York wins by 4-5.
We will see as they both have dangerous games on Saturday and a loss could change alot.
Everything you said may be true. But scores of games are not criteria. Nor is “was it senior day”? I have seen both as well and think that York would win a close one. But as far as seeding as it stands right now Dickinson has a stronger resume. If York is in the south region this year then they will likely see Dickinson in the 2nd round. If they are in the north they will likely see a SLU, Union, or Fisher in the 2nd round. In any case, they will be in a gauntlet of a bracket.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:57 am …they will be in a gauntlet of a bracket.
+1 on that.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:57 am
Asgot wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:29 am You are probably right and Dickinson will probably get the home game but looking at the schedule they have 5 common opponents and with the exception of Gettysburg (who Dickinson beat at home while York beat them on the road on Senior day) every other game York was more impressive in their wins than Dickinson was i.e. Dickinson beat F&M and E-town by a goal or 2 while York beat them by 11 each.
Everything you said may be true. But scores of games are not criteria. Nor is “was it senior day”? I have seen both as well and think that York would win a close one. But as far as seeding as it stands right now Dickinson has a stronger resume. If York is in the south region this year then they will likely see Dickinson in the 2nd round. If they are in the north they will likely see a SLU, Union, or Fisher in the 2nd round. In any case, they will be in a gauntlet of a bracket.
There are so many possibilities, it’s not even fun to try and project where teams might land in the brackets. Just looking forward to seeing the bracket when it comes out. I think York is still a top 5/6 team in the country, as long as they don’t get a too 5 team in the second round, they should be good.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Looking forward to tomorrow to see what the cards hold for the Spartans. They did their part, and now it’s not a matter of “if” but a matter of “who.”
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Not sure if the draw could set up better for York. I know they play CNU in the quarters if they win the first weekend but They get a full week to get ready to play CNU. Home for the first weekend is great. The north bracket is absolutely loaded but the fact the Dickinson may have to play Gettysburg a third time is crazy love the idea of Union and Salisbury swapping spots. Hearing good things about York in terms of MAC all Conference as well as a couple of surprising returnees for next year.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Asgot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:17 am Not sure if the draw could set up better for York. I know they play CNU in the quarters if they win the first weekend but They get a full week to get ready to play CNU. Home for the first weekend is great. The north bracket is absolutely loaded but the fact the Dickinson may have to play Gettysburg a third time is crazy love the idea of Union and Salisbury swapping spots. Hearing good things about York in terms of MAC all Conference as well as a couple of surprising returnees for next year.
What? More 5th year players? Dam, and the incoming class is big. Sucks that rosters keep getting bigger
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Asgot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:17 am Not sure if the draw could set up better for York. I know they play CNU in the quarters if they win the first weekend but They get a full week to get ready to play CNU. Home for the first weekend is great. The north bracket is absolutely loaded but the fact the Dickinson may have to play Gettysburg a third time is crazy love the idea of Union and Salisbury swapping spots. Hearing good things about York in terms of MAC all Conference as well as a couple of surprising returnees for next year.
Yes. I’m happy with the bracket. York knows CNU well, but gotta get there first. Denison vs Grove City could be interesting.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:45 am
Yes. I’m happy with the bracket. York knows CNU well, but gotta get there first. Denison vs Grove City could be interesting.
Denison has already lost to Grove City once and putting Dickinson in line to play Gettysburg again seems like a tough ask for Dickinson.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”