A lot to like
SJU loses some on D but gets some key pieces back as well
Scrimmages this weekend
10stone5

Re: NEC 2022

Post by 10stone5 »

All those Bryant freshmen and sophomores really
picked it up in the latter part of the season,

I was surprised how easily they dispatched Saint Joe’s.
They also, quietly, did a good job in the transfer portal.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

O Rourke was finally healthy which moved defensive assignments down a notch and made a huge difference for some of them.

We shouldn’t have fallen behind in the semis but made a game of it with a total mismanagement of the goalie situation for Bart.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Laxbuck wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:17 pm Bryant a solid favorite to repeat
Young talent
Best offensive player in the league in O’Rourke
A lot to like
Scrimmages this weekend
Is that correct that O’Rourke took over 20 shots in
one game last year ?
That’s crazy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:52 am
Laxbuck wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:17 pm Bryant a solid favorite to repeat
Young talent
Best offensive player in the league in O’Rourke
A lot to like
Scrimmages this weekend
Is that correct that O’Rourke took over 20 shots in
one game last year ?
That’s crazy.
High volume guy but very talented

2021 Game Totals

Date Opp G A P SH SH%
04/24 Sacred Heart 6 0 6 14 43%
04/27 LIU 6 1 7 24 25%
05/05 Hobart 4 0 4 8 50%
05/08 Saint Joseph's 4 1 5 12 33%
05/16 Virginia 1 1 2 13 8%
See Martin, Malcolm
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Virginia showed how to play O'Rourke. Deny him best you can, stay on his hands and slide early. Easier said than done against a Pressler coached team. SJU will catch some teams by surprise early in the season imho. LIU Post needs a fogo and to tightened up their defense. Otherwise, their goalie will have to stand on his head again. Hobart has some key players coming back on offense and D. They need to replace Mueller though, and find make sure they don't wear out Shea at the dot.
Last edited by oldbartman on Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Mike Rastivo back on Hawk Hill is big for SJU. NLL player and former Hawk Anthony Joaquim in volunteer assistant role.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Bertrand makes NLL roster,
Rochester Knighthawks

Team roster announcement
Active Roster

Forwards (8): Charlie Bertrand, Holden Cattoni, Shawn Evans, Turner Evans, Thomas Hoggarth, Curtis Knight, Ryan Smith and Jeff Wittig.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Justin Scott makes NLL roster,
Toronto Rock

Active Roster

Forwards (8): Dan Craig, Dan Dawson, Aaron Forster, Rob Hellyer, Zach Manns, Reid Reinholdt, Tom Schreiber, Justin Scott
Gorilla Fan

Mack Schedule

Post by Gorilla Fan »

10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

IL,

Bertrand Might Just Be OK at the Box Game
Folks who are familiar with NCAA Division II lacrosse would have known who Charlie Bertrand for quite a while. He was a two-time DII player of the year with Merrimack College before transferring to Virginia for grad school and winning another title there. But for primarily box fans, the undrafted Bertrand came out of nowhere when he had a goal and 2 assists in his debut for the Knighthawks.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Anyone else notice that LaCalandria who had 62pts last year and 90 in 18 total was out for the Rutgers game. Don’t want to jump on the MSM bandwagon yet, they’ve had early wins (not counting the del mess last year) and slipped off, usually due to lack of depth, in the past but they’ve got a strong goalie and stud attack in Giblin so early early results appear to look like LIU did last year. Can the D, middies and FO hold up for them through a season will be the question but don’t forget they managed to be the 1 seed over Bart in 2019-only for RoMo to slip in by beating Bart end of reg season then winning the AQ…
See Martin, Malcolm
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Not to take anything away from MSM because they played a solid game and deserved to win, but Navy scored on themselves twice. I do expect the Mount to be strongly in the discussion in the NEC this year. They are a dark horse.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Understood but I’m thinking that a smaller program can make real waves in conference maybe beyond w an elite scorer and goalie even if depth is an issue.
See Martin, Malcolm
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Somewhat shocked at that result yesterday. They lost a ton from a very competitive team. Maybe in the mix if they stay healthy
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:13 am Anyone else notice that LaCalandria who had 62pts last year and 90 in 18 total was out for the Rutgers game. Don’t want to jump on the MSM bandwagon yet, they’ve had early wins (not counting the del mess last year) and slipped off, usually due to lack of depth, in the past but they’ve got a strong goalie and stud attack in Giblin so early early results appear to look like LIU did last year. Can the D, middies and FO hold up for them through a season will be the question but don’t forget they managed to be the 1 seed over Bart in 2019-only for RoMo to slip in by beating Bart end of reg season then winning the AQ…
Any intel on his absence?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

No but seemed like some folks I had spoken with weren’t surprised by his absence. He did get held out two years ago for not following Covid protocols I recall but that was a different year.
See Martin, Malcolm
bam1972

Post by bam1972 »

Just to Clarify, Lacalandra did play Saturday. he did not play well, but he played. He wasn't held out because of Covid either. There have been some other things, but it wasn't because of Covid.

I went down to the game and first, it was definitely cold. :-) On a good note, I actually thought that LIU's defense looked better than last year. Both teams looked sloppy with alot of turnovers. Not sure if it was just a first game thing, because of cold, or both teams just had trouble with turnovers.

For LIU, their goalie did not play very well in my opinion, and the whole offense needs to be revamped. From many of the players that are playing and the scheme. That was brutal to watch. Looked like a bunch of players that were just running around with no purpose. They need some kids that can actually dodge, create slides, and get the defense moving so they can pass the ball around and eventually have someone open for a shot. But I didn't see almost anyone that could actually dodge and do that. Hopefully it improves. And it needs to improve alot or it will be a long year for the Sharks. I have seen the number 10 and 41 show now for too long. 41 should not see the field anymore, and 10 should only see the field on man up.

Hopefully next week there will be a sizeable improvement.

Looking forward to seeing St Joe play next week.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Super jock sniffer fan on Rutgers site called you all little boys despite his lack of credentials.

Hope things work with for LCalandria. We had some divergent agendas in the past and as we all know it’s the ultimate team sport.
See Martin, Malcolm
Rolldins

Post by Rolldins »

FFG, you sure spend a lot of time stalking RU boards. I think that RURick guy really got to you :lol: .

Anyways, LIU did a good job of limiting transition scoring opportunities, both teams have plenty of work to do, plenty of ugly plays but so goes February lax.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”