The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:15 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:45 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:07 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:00 pm Keep improving existing transportation modes until market forces & tech advances drive incremental changes where practical.
...is your problem just electric/hybrid infrastructure? ...Gee, we should have stuck with horse and carriage and steam, not some new fangled technology that was "unproven".
"prove" the "unproven" technology before you bet the farm on it. The first automobiles were steam driven....
yup, shoulda stuck with that steam...it was "proven".

We're early days of electric in a market where most of the subsidies have been for oil and gas...still...

Electric and hybrid/electric is very nearly more efficient than gas powered, certainly for short trips where most of America actually lives. With charging infrastructure and continued battery improvement and electric distribution improvements, electric will certainly displace a big portion of the individual transport...
So gentlemen. Have you invested in an EV yet ? Tell us all about it. If not, I know where you can get a good deal on a gently used Hertz Tesla.
My son is quite happy with his Tesla. We will likely have either a full EV or hybrid next car.
Likely in about 5 years, as I run my cars long.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:13 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 1537&ei=30

Another term for this is called greasing the skids. She must like all of those meetings at the WH? ;) ;

" all news is biased no matter what else it claims to be"
:lol: :lol: :roll:

I read this article as if unbiased, then looked into the author and The Western Journal which published him. He's a young far-right free lancer who also writes for the DC Enquirer. The Western Journal is so "fringe" and full of outright disinformation it was blacklisted by Google and Apple News. Huge climate change denialism, apparently responsible for 70% of Facebook traffic on climate denial.

The DC Enquirer is way far right, including fully discredited propagandists like Dinesh D'Souza.

Both get terrible scores on credibility (facts) and bias.

But ok, I took seriously nevertheless and looked at the Courier Newsroom. They are very upfront about their bias at their website, no pretense that their viewpoint is not from the left. https://couriernewsroom.com/about/

Nor is the Open Society (Soros) hiding their support...so, your right wing propagandist story is full of misrepresentation.

As to whether they're providing actual journalism, I'd say no, they're a political activist group with clear bias. I wouldn't trust their 'news', just as I wouldn't trust the right wing propagandists. I don't know whether they outright lie the way the right wing folks have been proven to do, but at a minimum they cherry pick their facts.

Treat both with big grains of salt.
You really need to do everyone on this forum a huge solid. It's time for the MD lax fans official list of authorized new sources that are credible and meet his personal criteria. ;) Your rational is all entwined with extremely vague opinions. I can simplify it for you. Democratic media opinions...very good and credible. Republican media opinions....very bad and not credible whatsoever. So how come your not going to be the keynote speaker at the RNC convention?? :D
Try reading again.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 1537&ei=30

Another term for this is called greasing the skids. She must like all of those meetings at the WH? ;) ;

I read this article as if unbiased, then looked into the author and The Western Journal which published him. He's a young far-right free lancer who also writes for the DC Enquirer. The Western Journal is so "fringe" and full of outright disinformation it was blacklisted by Google and Apple News. Huge climate change denialism, apparently responsible for 70% of Facebook traffic on climate denial.

The DC Enquirer is way far right, including fully discredited propagandists like Dinesh D'Souza.

But ok, I took seriously nevertheless and looked at the Courier Newsroom. They are very upfront about their bias at their website, no pretense that their viewpoint is not from the left. https://couriernewsroom.com/about/

Nor is the Open Society (Soros) hiding their support...so, your right wing propagandist story is full of misrepresentation.

As to whether they're providing actual journalism, I'd say no, they're a political activist group with clear bias. I wouldn't trust their 'news', just as I wouldn't trust the right wing propagandists. I don't know whether they outright lie the way the right wing folks have been proven to do, but at a minimum they cherry pick their facts.

What news organization or media outlet doesn't promote their own propaganda?? The only propaganda that troubles you is when it comes from YOUR side. How cool is that?? I hope your judiciously working on your list of MD lax approved media sites? How does Lester Holt fit into your calculations? Personally he is no more than vapid nothingness in the world of nightly news. I can ignore his reporting knowing I have missed nothing of any significance. Background noise Lester is all he is. I'm certain he will make your list of MD approved news sources. :D He will NEVER be Walter Cronkite as hard as he might try.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:35 am

You really need to do everyone on this forum a huge solid. It's time for the MD lax fans official list of authorized new sources that are credible and meet his personal criteria. ;) Your rational is all entwined with extremely vague opinions. I can simplify it for you. Democratic media opinions...very good and credible. Republican media opinions....very bad and not credible whatsoever. So how come your not going to be the keynote speaker at the RNC convention?? :D
Try reading again.
Why reread anything you post? It's not like you have one iota of credibility, except in your own eyes. If I take anything with a grain of salt it's anything you compose and post on this forum. Hey, that is just you being you. Any chance of you being the keynote speaker? That would be huge fun... :D
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am

Try reading again.
Why reread anything you post? It's not like you have one iota of credibility, except in your own eyes. If I take anything with a grain of salt it's anything you compose and post on this forum. Hey, that is just you being you. Any chance of you being the keynote speaker? That would be huge fun... :D
He is almost always -- maybe always -- cordial and informative.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:20 am

Try reading again.
It's certainly possible as MD has proven time and time again that it is possible to be cordial and informative and yet still be dead wrong. I don't know how he does it but he pulls it off without a hitch. I still don't know why his party doesn't want him to be the keynote speaker at the RNC? If I really need to listen to the opinion of a conservative Republican I'll read Old Salt all day long. Those raging RINOs are dangerous when they charge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Try reading again.
Is that because you agree with him on pretty much everything? Old Salt is also cordial and informative but I don't see you handing any props his way counselor.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:03 am

Try reading again.
Is that because you agree with him on pretty much everything? Old Salt is also cordial and informative but I don't see you handing any props his way counselor.
I am doubtful I agree on "pretty much everything" with MDLaxFan. But he is unceasingly cordial, particularly in the face of what are often totally childish asides and cracks from you. I get that no of us is perfect, me especially. But you could occasionally engage with him at the same level of courtesy. My opinion of Old Salt is pretty well-known.
ggait

Post by ggait »

What news organization or media outlet doesn't promote their own propaganda?? The only propaganda that troubles you is when it comes from YOUR side. How cool is that?? I hope your judiciously working on your list of MD lax approved media sites? How does Lester Holt fit into your calculations? Personally he is no more than vapid nothingness in the world of nightly news. I can ignore his reporting knowing I have missed nothing of any significance. Background noise Lester is all he is. I'm certain he will make your list of MD approved news sources. :D He will NEVER be Walter Cronkite as hard as he might try.
Again, you completely miss the point. Plenty of news people have a fairly transparent opinion slant/bias. Which is easily discerned. You got NY Times and you got WSJ. Duh. Read both.

The key distinction is whether the news outlet is fact based and acting in good faith. Maddow easily passes that test. Almost everyone on Fox News flunks. Gas lighting and BS is not the same as opinion.

Cronkite was a big liberal, fyi. But he was fact based and acting in good faith. So was William F. Buckley and lots of other old school right wingers. New school right wingers largely follow Goebbels.

BIG difference.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:25 pm
Again, you completely miss the point. Plenty of news people have a fairly transparent opinion slant/bias. Which is easily discerned. You got NY Times and you got WSJ. Duh. Read both.

The key distinction is whether the news outlet is fact based and acting in good faith. Maddow easily passes that test. Almost everyone on Fox News flunks. Gas lighting and BS is not the same as opinion.

Cronkite was a big liberal, fyi. But he was fact based and acting in good faith. So was William F. Buckley and lots of other old school right wingers. New school right wingers largely follow Goebbels.

BIG difference.
Duuuuuuuh, you don't think I know Cronkite was a liberal guy?? John Kennedy was a liberal guy just like Cronkite. I watched Walter Cronkite broadcast the news every night for a very long time. What your purposefully overlooking is what was a 1960s liberal in relation to a 2024 liberal? They are not exactly related ideology wise in many respects. Hell I still am a registered Democrat in NYS I 🤔 My very first vote in 1976 was for Jimmy Carter. Then I spent 3 years in the Army and everything I use to believe about the government was turned upside down. I love my country but I despise the government that runs it. That is not an observation that tilts one party or the other. The ever increasing number of Americans who no longer trust their government should trouble every citizen.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:01 amIt's certainly possible as MD has proven time and time again that it is possible to be cordial and informative and yet still be dead wrong. I don't know how he does it but he pulls it off without a hitch. I still don't know why his party doesn't want him to be the keynote speaker at the RNC? If I really need to listen to the opinion of a conservative Republican I'll read Old Salt all day long. Those raging RINOs are dangerous when they charge.
Does anyone think that Cranky knows that there are MILLIONS of "former conservative Republicans" in the country? You know, cut in the mold of Eisenhower, Reagan, and the two Shrub's ( 8-) )??

Well, there ARE millions of them, and while few are as erudite (and/or opinionated ( :D ) as MDlaxfan76, believe me when i tell you Crankshaft, that being a "conservative Republican" in the Trump era ain't what YOU think it is now, or was even 5 years ago.

The party would undoubtedly benefit by a TURN towards what an MD-76esque speech at the 'Pub Convention would include. The hibernating, beating heart of the OLD GOP is out there, and it sure looks like it won't truly resurface with any heft until the Trumpnistas suffer a YUGE defeat, yet again, at the ballot box. From the smoldering ruins of the Trump GOP, perhaps may emerge a more legitimate governing partner in the US.

Trump himself has maybe, what? another 10-15 years tops for shuffling about this mortal coil...and THEN what? Does anyone think that the Cult of Personality around the guy will survive his demise?

Mike Johnson and other current MAGAt party leaders are ACTUALLY embracing the notion of the J6 indictments were all wrong and it wouldn't be so bad to entertain pardons. The entire notion that the Big Lie about the 2020 election lingers to this day...is what is animating the "conservative Republican" narrative in Trump's GOP...the GOP that Cradle - astonishingly - and others, now want to call "conservative Republican".

MAGAt's ARE NOT conservative republicans, Cradle my man. A Fan and many others have pointed out OVER and OVER again the empirical truth of this. MD and SOO many more former Conservative Republicans actually are that thing...and the country needs THAT party back in order to function. Your misunderstanding of these facts illustrates everything that is wrong with that state of affairs in Trump's GOP in 2024.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:05 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:01 amIt's certainly possible as MD has proven time and time again that it is possible to be cordial and informative and yet still be dead wrong. I don't know how he does it but he pulls it off without a hitch. I still don't know why his party doesn't want him to be the keynote speaker at the RNC? If I really need to listen to the opinion of a conservative Republican I'll read Old Salt all day long. Those raging RINOs are dangerous when they charge.
Does anyone think that Cranky knows that there are MILLIONS of "former conservative Republicans" in the country? You know, cut in the mold of Eisenhower, Reagan, and the two Shrub's ( 8-) )??

Well, there ARE millions of them, and while few are as erudite (and/or opinionated ( :D ) as MDlaxfan76, believe me when i tell you Crankshaft, that being a "conservative Republican" in the Trump era ain't what YOU think it is now, or was even 5 years ago.

The party would undoubtedly benefit by a TURN towards what an MD-76esque speech at the 'Pub Convention would include. The hibernating, beating heart of the OLD GOP is out there, and it sure looks like it won't truly resurface with any heft until the Trumpnistas suffer a YUGE defeat, yet again, at the ballot box. From the smoldering ruins of the Trump GOP, perhaps may emerge a more legitimate governing partner in the US.

Trump himself has maybe, what? another 10-15 years tops for shuffling about this mortal coil...and THEN what? Does anyone think that the Cult of Personality around the guy will survive his demise?

Mike Johnson and other current MAGAt party leaders are ACTUALLY embracing the notion of the J6 indictments were all wrong and it wouldn't be so bad to entertain pardons. The entire notion that the Big Lie about the 2020 election lingers to this day...is what is animating the "conservative Republican" narrative in Trump's GOP...the GOP that Cradle - astonishingly - and others, now want to call "conservative Republican".

MAGAt's ARE NOT conservative republicans, Cradle my man. A Fan and many others have pointed out OVER and OVER again the empirical truth of this. MD and SOO many more former Conservative Republicans actually are that thing...and the country needs THAT party back in order to function. Your misunderstanding of these facts illustrates everything that is wrong with that state of affairs in Trump's GOP in 2024.

Why don't you concentrate on how a liberal Democrat in the 60s doesn't resemble a liberal Democrat in 2024? Since MD won't answer maybe you will. How come MD lax will never be nominated as keynote speaker at the RNC? :D
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:20 pmWhy don't you concentrate on how a liberal Democrat in the 60s doesn't resemble a liberal Democrat in 2024? Since MD won't answer maybe you will. How come MD lax will never be nominated as keynote speaker at the RNC? :D
Has the Democratic Party changed from the 60's to the 20's more than the Republican Party has changed in that same time?

The answer is pretty clearly "NO", right? Will you concede that?

The jockeying between the Establishment wing of the D party and the more Progressive wing has taken on new flavors over that time, but the "far left", broadly stroked, has NOT no-how, no-way been completely captured by their far flank like the R's have been.

No keynote speakership for that very reason, the RNC is made up of nothing but far right whackjobs that want EVERY employee there to be an election denier.

Is that plain enough for you, Cranky?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:20 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:05 pm

Why don't you concentrate on how a liberal Democrat in the 60s doesn't resemble a liberal Democrat in 2024? Since MD won't answer maybe you will. How come MD lax will never be nominated as keynote speaker at the RNC? :D
Because it's a stupid question and yet I've answered before:

1) I'm not a politician and thus not getting that invitation.

2) Someone with my views, which resemble the moderate Republican of yesteryear (I was to the left of Reagan, pretty similar views to HW, certainly to Jack Kemp, Mac Mathias, or further back Rockefeller and Ike.) has been labelled a RINO by people who were formerly Democrats, whether Dixiecrats or just con men like Trump with no ideology but money. And people who never bothered to even vote...so it won't be this MAGA "GOP".

3) Someone with my views about governance would expect their Party to at least have a platform, much less a platform that emphasizes actual governance. MAGA/Trump gave up on even pretending to having a platform altogether.

4) I'm not an election denying cultist.

Yes, what was once considered a moderate Democrat has more in common with those old school moderates in the GOP than they do with the far left of the party...that divide happened in the '60's, mostly over Vietnam, but unless the Democrat was actually a Dixiecrat, they simply became moderate Dems. Governance is the common thread between those Dems and "RINOs". Which "liberal Democrat" of yesteryear wouldn't be welcome in todays' Dem party? After all, the Dems chose twice now for their standard bearer such an old school "liberal Democrat".

But Reagan would be a RINO today. He wouldn't be asked to speak either.
Certainly not either Bush, Dole, McCain or Romney.

Focus on that.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:20 pmWhy don't you concentrate on how a liberal Democrat in the 60s doesn't resemble a liberal Democrat in 2024? Since MD won't answer maybe you will. How come MD lax will never be nominated as keynote speaker at the RNC? :D
Has the Democratic Party changed from the 60's to the 20's more than the Republican Party has changed in that same time?

The jockeying between the Establishment wing of the D party and the more Progressive wing has taken on new flavors over that time, but the "far left", broadly stroked, has NOT no-how, no-way been completely captured by their far flank like the R's have been.

No keynote speakership for that very reason, the RNC is made up of nothing but far right whackjobs that want EVERY employee there to be an election denier.

So how many " right thinking" modern day southpaws are anti abortion?? Don't think about it too hard lemon head you'll get a brain cramp. ;)
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:51 am

So how many " right thinking" modern day southpaws are anti abortion?? Don't think about it too hard lemon head you'll get a brain cramp. ;)

Aw shucks you forgot to mention those who believe in choice regardless of their opinion on abortion. Their opinion recognizes it is never just about the action of abortion it is much bigger than that.

I find religious zealots who like to quote bible verses out of contact and swear by their literal truth oon this issue interesting. Fetuses are people to them. God says life begins at birth though
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:52 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:51 am

Aw shucks you forgot to mention those who believe in choice regardless of their opinion on abortion. Their opinion recognizes it is never just about the action of abortion it is much bigger than that.

I find religious zealots who like to quote bible verses out of contact and swear by their literal truth oon this issue interesting. Fetuses are people to them. God says life begins at birth though
That wasn't the issue oh great Canuck. The issue was how liberals in 2024 are different from liberals of 1974. If you were a devout liberal Catholic in 1974 like my entire family was abortion was considered murder because the Pope and the Catholic Church believed life began at conception. I took 4 years of theology at my Catholic HS that drilled that concept into your brain constantly. So enlighten me what kind of a flak a liberal will receive in 2024 if they process to be pro-life?? You would be about as welcome as MD lax would be at the RNC. :D
Recently when I have had discussion with Catholics many years past what I was indoctrinated into there is a new line of Catholic thinking. They will NEVER admit abortion violates gods law. They will tell you with a twinkle in their eyes...love the sinner and hate the sin. Is that what Jesus would say? This is the same Jesus that in a fit of rage threw all of the money changers out of his father's house.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Biden is irate at his chitty polling vs trump.

I cleaned it up for those of you out there with young children.

What the f*#@& is going on here? How can I be losing to this mother f*$#@£π§ piece of f$&@* s*#&@ . I want f#@&%π£ from you a#$holes and I want them now. Do I have to do all of the f*$#ing thinking? :D Good old mild mannered Joe... :D
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Statement from the GOP nominee:

"On Monday, Merchan, the judge overseeing Trump’s hush money trial set to begin on April 15, expanded his gag order against Trump to include both the judge’s family as well as Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s family. That move came after Trump personally attacked Merchan’s daughter, calling her a “Rabid Trump Hater” and suggesting that the judge was “compromised” because of her work for a Democratic-aligned digital marketing company.

Writing on the Truth Social platform on Saturday, Trump dared Merchan to throw him in jail. He also compared himself again to Nelson Mandela, a political prisoner who became the first president of a post-apartheid South Africa.

“If this Partisan Hack wants to put me in the ‘clink’ for speaking the open and obvious TRUTH, I will gladly become a Modern Day Nelson Mandela — It will be my GREAT HONOR,” Trump wrote. “We have to Save our Country from these Political Operatives masquerading as Prosecutors and Judges, and I am willing to sacrifice my Freedom for that worthy cause.”

He the savior; he's Nelson Mandela. MAGA. Morons follow this guy. Simpletons and fraud victims vote for him. What the heck is wrong with people?

Return to “POLITICS”