Championship — Boston College v. Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
seacoaster

Championship — Boston College v. Syracuse

Post by seacoaster »

So? Who wins? Great matchup and an inevitable first time Champion.
Bart

Re: Championship — Boston College v. Syracuse

Post by Bart »

Wont guess but I hope it is a game like the ACC tournament. That was fun to watch.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I think Syracuse will win, but you Orange guys don’t want to hear that because I thought UNC and Northwestern would win today.

Was rooting for UNC to take it all. So I was going to root for Syracuse in the second game because I thought they would be an easier opponent for North Carolina in the finals. Obviously I know nothing.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Unless Hall does to SU what she did to UNC, I see SU coming out on top.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Going to be a great game either way - so many story lines. I have a soft spot for Syracuse and enjoying watching BC. I think it will be a close one and Syracuse comes out on top by 2.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Daughter and I will be rooting for the Orange...just cause they crushed the hounds.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Whew. When I saw a post from admin, I thought someone had been sent to the sin bin.

Maybe admin can send the Northwestern team to the sin bin for their, shall we say, overly enthusiastic performance today.
viho

Post by viho »

Bravo!
I'm hooked on womens lax since they put in the shot clock acouple years ago. The athleticism, intensity and excitement are off the charts. That SU offense looks tough.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

SU didn’t win as much as NW lost. They played filthy today. Which cost them greatly. That’s how SU played for most of the season. They’ve cleaned up their act. And NW was exposed today. They had an easier schedule and weren’t challenged as much. They had a lot of mistakes. SU showed they have more than the weave. With that being said. BC is on an all time high and it will be hard to stop them now. I think it will be a tight game.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Rooting for BC so that they don't become the Buffalo Bills of womens DI lax ...
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

CU77 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:12 am Rooting for BC so that they don't become the Buffalo Bills of womens DI lax ...
What a great morning, Buffalo Bills and a Pistol Pete reference (in another thread), folks going old school this weekend. :D
Bart

Post by Bart »

Putting this here because. That broadcast team is the best in Lacrosse. Not women's lacrosse all lacrosse. The clown that call the men's games should listen to their broadcasts and learn something. They make the game better, not worse.
DMac

Post by DMac »

+1,000
There's more than one very good female commentator too, Team QuAC could absolutely take some lessons from these gals, they're outstanding.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Syracuse has beaten BC 2 out of 3 times they played this year - is that an advantage or disadvantage? I feel like they are a team of destiny but may be a lot of wishful thinking on my part
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:14 am Putting this here because. That broadcast team is the best in Lacrosse. Not women's lacrosse all lacrosse. The clown that call the men's games should listen to their broadcasts and learn something. They make the game better, not worse.
Agreed. And having Boyle near the huddles and at field level was a nice extra perspective. Nice trio. Since NU lost, we have possibly avoided the odious Stugatz. Prayers.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

DMac wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:30 am +1,000
Team QuAC could absolutely take some lessons from these gals, they're outstanding.
"Team QuAC", haven't heard that one before! Perfect.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:32 am
Bart wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:14 am Putting this here because. That broadcast team is the best in Lacrosse. Not women's lacrosse all lacrosse. The clown that call the men's games should listen to their broadcasts and learn something. They make the game better, not worse.
Agreed. And having Boyle near the huddles and at field level was a nice extra perspective. Nice trio. Since NU lost, we have possibly avoided the odious Stugatz. Prayers.
I enjoyed having Jon Weiner in the booth in 2019. He offered some fresh perspective and challenged questionable strategies. I didn't like him initially. In fact, I took great umbrage when ESPN put him in the booth to begin with. But he grew on me as the game wore on.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

If he does another broadcast in 2034, it’ll be too soon.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

We got us a pretty good final in the end. I didn't think they would both be here. But now that we have this matchup, it occurs to me we wouldn't have the first time champion angle with any other. Always very special to see a team win it all for the first time. I have no stinky idea who's going to win, play well, score goals, make saves, etc. Cheering for BC but I'll be glad if the Orange finally break through, too. In discovering women's lacrosse, I was a Syracuse fan first.
njbill

Post by njbill »

seacoaster wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:00 am If he does another broadcast in 2034, it’ll be too soon.
Agree, except may I rearrange the digits? 2304.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”