Loyola Greyhounds 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxfan#1969

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

NovaHound wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:30 pm Heard that Joey Kamish was back on the practice field. That's good news!!! Think abut it - Lindley, Olmstead, James. Kamish, Poitras, Higgins, Wigley, Bateman, Lindsey, Decker, etc...
I heard the same and it’s very good news. A healthy Kamish is a difference maker for this team. He’s proven that in a very short window. Kid had a very tough injury and has battled through an even tougher rehab.

If he’s healthy, he’s on the field for us...a lot...

We have some really nice pieces.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

NovaHound wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:30 pm Heard that Joey Kamish was back on the practice field. That's good news!!! Think abut it - Lindley, Olmstead, James. Kamish, Poitras, Higgins, Wigley, Bateman, Lindsey, Decker, etc...
do not sleep on Ryan Mcgorry and Jacob Sullivan. Heard good things about those freshmen midfielders as well
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

will anyone be attending the Richmond scrimmage at Ridley on the 29th? would love reports
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Congrats to freshman midfielder Ryan McGorry on being #59 on IL's top 100 freshmen rankings. He is loyola's sole ranking on the list. People say to not put a lot of stocking into these rankings but I feel that a lot of these names and ranks come from the schools that the kids commit to as opposed to their actual ability.

Also, 5 players on the team were selected to IL's preseason all america team.

Ryan McNulty (1st team)
Cam Wyers (2nd Team)
Payton Razanka (HM)
Kevin Lindley (HM)
Bailey Savio (HM).

Congrats gentlemen!
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... loyola-men

USLax gives a ton of praise in the article to the team. Very Senior/Graduate Student driven team.

They expect Davis Lindsey and Kamish to play well this year along with Seth Higgins to have a breakout season
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

We saw what this team was capable of during the last five games and I hope they pick up and improve from where they left off last year. They should, but you never know. As the article points out, 2012 was a different year. Loyola wasn't even ranked so they had a lot to prove. They were the hunter. A different mind set is required when you become the "hunted" as you will get the best from every team you play. We'll see how Toomey manages that and I think it will be very interesting.

I also believe Aiden Olmstead will have a huge impact. He'll get some nice end of year accolades IMO. Coach MVA will have him in the right place to capitalize on his strengths. And it will also be interesting to see how that plays out.

Hounds have a lot of weapons. Keep Savio healthy!
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Green grey scrimmage yesterday. My Loyola parent said Offense was a solid. Lindley and Olmstead solid. Seay Lindley poitras all good.

Defense a little suspect. Said Wyers did dress. Any word on wyers.

Is Richmond scrimmage open to public?
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

laxbro11 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:27 am Green grey scrimmage yesterday. My Loyola parent said Offense was a solid. Lindley and Olmstead solid. Seay Lindley poitras all good.

I’ve heard about Wyers. DM if you want, I just don’t know if I can post here
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Scrimmage vs Richmond on Saturday. Weather forecast calls for high of 31 and slight chance of snow. Question is will they scrimmage in the Bubble or on the Turf? Inquiring minds want to know :lol:
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/di/polls

Hounds ranked 8th in the IL Media preseason poll while USLAX has them ranked 7th.

Good first ranking start but hoping to see good results at the beginning of the season. If the defense gells more with the offense producing as it is, i think they can pull out a gutsy win against Maryland on Feb 12th
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan01

Post by Laxfan01 »

Wasnt able to make the scrimmage Saturday since it was closed to Public, but got a solid report from a parent. Basically heard that the offense looked very good to elite, despite being sloppy at times. Defense had their moments at times but definitely was effected with not having Wyers. Sam was very good in the cage. Other than that, maybe the best news was that the young guys looked excellent. Lindsay, Higgins, binney, and mcgillicuddy should certainly take the next step this year-especially Lindsey. He will make an impact one way or another. Some of the freshmen were solid. Was not given names there. Staudt was also good after supposedly missing the fall. I think folks will be surprised to see our depth at SSDM this year-that along w Hughes, Leblanc, McNulty and shafer will be keep the defense going with or without Wyers. Richmond should be a good test this weekend-very well coached and will test this defense.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Well I hope weather cooperates and the scrimmage is open. Would love to see the New Hounds play.

Have heard essentially the same thing about Lindsey. Comment is always, "he's good, really good". I know some of the goalies were dinged up this past Fall and others got a chance to play. Hear really good things about Yowan too. Lot of depth at GK. That always seems like a luxury the elite teams like UVA have...jus' sayin'.

And lastly, some of the talented offensive middies the Hounds have have really stepped up their game. Seay was singled out for his play and leadership.

Not sure what is up with Wyers but also remember that LeBlanc was injured last year and came back. Let's hope it's nothing serious for Wyers. Cam James, Alex Bean, and Vandenhueval are all athletic and have good sticks. They'll need to step up and fill the breach until Wyers returns. I'm getting more confident in our SSDMs led by Rezanka and Benus. And the addition of Sally give us more depth at that position.

That's all folks....
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Laxfan01 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:10 pm Wasnt able to make the scrimmage Saturday since it was closed to Public, but got a solid report from a parent. Basically heard that the offense looked very good to elite, despite being sloppy at times. Defense had their moments at times but definitely was effected with not having Wyers. Sam was very good in the cage. Other than that, maybe the best news was that the young guys looked excellent. Lindsay, Higgins, binney, and mcgillicuddy should certainly take the next step this year-especially Lindsey. He will make an impact one way or another. Some of the freshmen were solid. Was not given names there. Staudt was also good after supposedly missing the fall. I think folks will be surprised to see our depth at SSDM this year-that along w Hughes, Leblanc, McNulty and shafer will be keep the defense going with or without Wyers. Richmond should be a good test this weekend-very well coached and will test this defense.

I would like to receive credit for the Davis Lindsey hype. A year ago I posted that this kid was LEGIT with his highlight tapes and his style of play. I said this kid is going to be a starter and an impact player. And I got told to not be so optimistic because he missed fall ball due to Covid and he got injured with the broken collarbone.

I’m so excited to see what he can do based on the reports
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

Scrimmages and inter squad practices are good and it gives you a feel, but I’ll always be a production guy...in real games, what have you done for me when the bright lights are on...when you need a big goal or an assist

2021 offensive production in terms of PPG...here is what we have returning in order of production:

Olmstead - 3.75 PPG
Lindley - 3.13 PPG
James - 2.93 PPG
Kamish - 2.81 PPG
Poitras - 1.4 PPG
Seay - 1.0 PPG
Higgins - 0.93 PPG
Wigley - 0.92 PPG
Bateman - 0.75 PPG
Decker - 0.50 PPG

That’s the returning production. I expect you add Lindsey on the list here as the staff is high on him and these are the guys that will drive this team offensively. Especially the guys at the top on this list

Maybe someone else will flash and earn time as the season goes on and that’s always a good thing...but there are a lot of very good players returning and guys that produce when in the games...I expect the guys on this list are the ones we’re talking about come actual game days

The information I’m getting from inside the lockeroom supports this list to date....some guys are on limited reps and getting back to live game form...some missed the fall, some were limited in the fall...as practice works towards the Maryland game, I expect those guys get sharper and get back into season form...

Lots of pieces this year and the staff will need to really define rolls for guys. All these guys can play
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Thanks lax fan. Numbers do matter for comparison. I'm keenly interested in which middie steps up to replace Swindell's production/leadership. I'd also love to see a middie jack up some points like Drapeau did - that's certainly not reflected below when the middies are tallying 1 point per game.

Having said that, I do expect to see increased production from the Midfield this season - it's just a hunch. Why do I say that? Our offense finally got rolling after the tenth game and we're sitting at 5-5. I think they quickly pick up where they left off last season.

And Olmstead probably has a few "watch this" type of moments after being left out of preseason hype, which no one should really care about. Like you said, your play matters when the lights are on...
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

NovaHound wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:40 am Well I hope weather cooperates and the scrimmage is open. Would love to see the New Hounds play.

Have heard essentially the same thing about Lindsey. Comment is always, "he's good, really good". I know some of the goalies were dinged up this past Fall and others got a chance to play. Hear really good things about Yowan too. Lot of depth at GK. That always seems like a luxury the elite teams like UVA have...jus' sayin'.

And lastly, some of the talented offensive middies the Hounds have have really stepped up their game. Seay was singled out for his play and leadership.

Not sure what is up with Wyers but also remember that LeBlanc was injured last year and came back. Let's hope it's nothing serious for Wyers. Cam James, Alex Bean, and Vandenhueval are all athletic and have good sticks. They'll need to step up and fill the breach until Wyers returns. I'm getting more confident in our SSDMs led by Rezanka and Benus. And the addition of Sally give us more depth at that position.

That's all folks....
I heard the same... Also heard that Benus is back for the spring and looked good at ssdm, along with Rezanka, Cain, and Mcgillicuddy. Close defense is struggling, but will with the depth there will be fine...James and Bean will be fine.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

laxbro11 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:27 am Green grey scrimmage yesterday. My Loyola parent said Offense was a solid. Lindley and Olmstead solid. Seay Lindley poitras all good.

i got your DM but i can't respond privately for some reason
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Happy scrimmage day everyone! Hoping people can go see it today at Ridley, weather pending.

If the scrimmage isn’t open to spectators, we would all appreciate any comments you hear from parents, sources, or any other means that you can find like Twitter for example
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:38 am Happy scrimmage day everyone! Hoping people can go see it today at Ridley, weather pending.

If the scrimmage isn’t open to spectators, we would all appreciate any comments you hear from parents, sources, or any other means that you can find like Twitter for example
Scrimmage is closed to outside folks

Playing inside

I’ll get some feedback later in the day as will others I’m sure
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:34 am
houndace1 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:38 am Happy scrimmage day everyone! Hoping people can go see it today at Ridley, weather pending.

Scrimmage is closed to outside folks

Playing inside

I’ll get some feedback later in the day as will others I’m sure
Heard scrimmage was a disaster. List 19-7. Sloppy all around

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”