Loyola Greyhounds 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Loyolalax

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by Loyolalax »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:02 am Great game, tough loss.

You got to feel for the boys. They surely thought they had more games to play. Ending a season is rough, but mostly for the players.

Every real Hounds’ fan is applauding these kids today.

Thanks seniors for leaving it all on the field. What a phenomenal 5 year ride.

Can’t wait to see who steps up next year!!!!

Sorry to see the season end, but gratified to cheer on such a great group of kids.
A talk hounds fan can be critical of sloppy play and poor performance. A true fan can question coaching decisions and not be in lock step. This team underperformed and did not get the job done that they were expected to do.

There were bright spots. Evans higgins poitras Lindsay will be bigger and stronger. But this year wehad 5 th year player with 40 plus turnovers. 3 yesterday that hurt. We had a second line midfield that did not produce.

Defense had issues yesterday. Wyers struggled with nichtern. Though not all his fault we struggled with our slides. And the common theme of the season was the poor play of the Ssdms. Army went after them

Savio did all he could. But no wing play. Wings out of position and struggled to fight through gbs.

These are all areas that we did not improve in. Most games, except MD, we had opportunity to win or were even winning and could not finish

Extremely disappointed. In many games we beat ourselves. Not that the opponent beat us
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

What a great game. I'm grateful those young men from Army West Point will serve our nation. As such we are in good hands. Send Nichtern to the Ukraine and he can singlehandedly put those Ruskies in their place.
Hounds just needed a few more ticks on the clock and another possession.
Not the end we wanted.
And not a lot of separation between the teams in the PL.
Got some work to do - Toomey is on it. Bank on that.
Until next season.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Loyolalax wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:39 pm

You got to feel for the boys. They surely thought they had more games to play. Ending a season is rough, but mostly for the players.

Sorry to see the season end, but gratified to cheer on such a great group of kids.
A talk hounds fan can be critical of sloppy play and poor performance. A true fan can question coaching decisions and not be in lock step. This team underperformed and did not get the job done that they were expected to do.

There were bright spots. Evans higgins poitras Lindsay will be bigger and stronger. But this year wehad 5 th year player with 40 plus turnovers. 3 yesterday that hurt. We had a second line midfield that did not produce.

Defense had issues yesterday. Wyers struggled with nichtern. Though not all his fault we struggled with our slides. And the common theme of the season was the poor play of the Ssdms. Army went after them

Savio did all he could. But no wing play. Wings out of position and struggled to fight through gbs.

These are all areas that we did not improve in. Most games, except MD, we had opportunity to win or were even winning and could not finish

Extremely disappointed. In many games we beat ourselves. Not that the opponent beat us
Loyola out GB’d, out faceoff’d and out cleared (perfect) against Army. Loyola gave up 50 shots with “bad” SSDMs, but many of those shots were low quality, with just half even on cage. That’s lots of possession for Army and playing defense for Loyola, with not a ton of goals given up. And finally, what midfield line is Houston, Seay and Wigley on? Because they all produced last night.

The worst coaching call I saw last night from Loyola trying the zone a second time after Army lit the hounds up the first time. Otherwise, it was a stellar called game and good game plan.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

This post nails it. I love the blind loyalty is this group. That is part of the reason I follow Loyola. The fan base is awesome. It doesn’t matter that this team had a bunch of 5th and 6th year players and went .500. Next year will hopefully see a major shake up on the lineup. I don’t think the losses will be as major as some of you loyalists think. In fact I think this team will be better without some of the older guys hanging around. Time will tell.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:54 am
Loyolalax wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:39 pm

Loyola out GB’d, out faceoff’d and out cleared (perfect) against Army. Loyola gave up 50 shots with “bad” SSDMs, but many of those shots were low quality, with just half even on cage. That’s lots of possession for Army and playing defense for Loyola, with not a ton of goals given up. And finally, what midfield line is Houston, Seay and Wigley on? Because they all produced last night.

The worst coaching call I saw last night from Loyola trying the zone a second time after Army lit the hounds up the first time. Otherwise, it was a stellar called game and good game plan.

Kram: wanna start the 2023 thread? I want to talk next year but don’t think it belongs on the 2022 thread.

Wish we had more games to play. Hounds would have been an unwelcome sight for any opponent not called Maryland in this years upcoming NCAA.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

Exlaxbro wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:29 am This post nails it. I love the blind loyalty is this group. That is part of the reason I follow Loyola. The fan base is awesome. It doesn’t matter that this team had a bunch of 5th and 6th year players and went .500. Next year will hopefully see a major shake up on the lineup. I don’t think the losses will be as major as some of you loyalists think. In fact I think this team will be better without some of the older guys hanging around. Time will tell.
I actually really like the core on offense we have coming back

Poitras was healthy all year (after playing through injury recovery last year) and see how that went - 30+ point guy

James is just a really good player that produces - All conference and 30+ point guy

Kamish is now going to have a summer to rest that leg (see Poitras recovery this year), if healthy next year his ceiling is high - 28 points

Lindsey struggled early but really came on late and while his shooting was not good, he’s got great vision and he can be a very good set up guy for the guys above - 28 points (20 assists)

Higgins is just a really good power middie and he will be even better next year. I love his game - 26 points

That’s a legit core that will be more experienced, stronger and hopefully healthier

Layer in guys like Hueston, Binney, maybe McGory and some other freshman or incoming guys...I’m bullish...but I’m a positive guy

Start up the 2023 thread 😉

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”