Coaching Carousel

D2 Mens Lacrosse
LaxCoach13

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by LaxCoach13 »

River Donkey wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:27 pm
LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:23 pm Any word out of Mars Hill what they are going to do now? I don't see a job posted, do they have their replacement already? If so that may be a new record they way its been going this year.
Job was posted for a couple of weeks but recently taken down.
yeah that was quick, wonder if they already had someone in mind or might have gotten carrington to come back.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:04 pm
River Donkey wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:27 pm
LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:23 pm Any word out of Mars Hill what they are going to do now? I don't see a job posted, do they have their replacement already? If so that may be a new record they way its been going this year.
Job was posted for a couple of weeks but recently taken down.
yeah that was quick, wonder if they already had someone in mind or might have gotten carrington to come back.
Carrington was my first guess when he left Tusculum, but now after learning his connection with Woods I’m not sure. UAH has an assistant coach position advertised today so maybe Turner is headed to Mars Hill. Crazy year so far.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Has any one heard what happened at Malone? The posting was the first one of the summer and seems to have just fell off.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

foshizzle wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:17 am I'm very curious to see where Carrington ends up. Tons of passion.
Amherst. It's been a done deal
SouthernLaxGenius

StuckinD2 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:27 pm Has any one heard what happened at Malone? The posting was the first one of the summer and seems to have just fell off.
Press release in mid March of this year and then nada after.

Great question and not a ton on their website to actually find out
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:44 pm
StuckinD2 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:27 pm Has any one heard what happened at Malone? The posting was the first one of the summer and seems to have just fell off.

Probably because no coach in their right mind wants to build up a men’s program and a women’s program by themselves these days and then have to Coach both programs until both programs have hit a high enough roster number to hire another HC... It doesn’t sound like the best leadership or plan over their.. it’ll be interesting to see how they get off the ground and if they ever announce.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

StuckinD2 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:57 am
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:44 pm

Probably because no coach in their right mind wants to build up a men’s program and a women’s program by themselves these days and then have to Coach both programs until both programs have hit a high enough roster number to hire another HC... It doesn’t sound like the best leadership or plan over their.. it’ll be interesting to see how they get off the ground and if they ever announce.
I couldn’t agree more, sounds like another school going for the lacrosse money grab.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

on the DIII level Brevard (NC) to the list of schools looking for a HC, tough time to loss a HC. Wonder if he jumped ship to grab the Mars Hill job, I believe he is very rooted in that area and Brevard seems to be a tough place to run a program.
SouthernLaxGenius

LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:37 pm on the DIII level Brevard (NC) to the list of schools looking for a HC, tough time to loss a HC. Wonder if he jumped ship to grab the Mars Hill job, I believe he is very rooted in that area and Brevard seems to be a tough place to run a program.
Was it not the UAH assistant who got the Mars Hill job. :?:
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:00 pm
LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:37 pm on the DIII level Brevard (NC) to the list of schools looking for a HC, tough time to loss a HC. Wonder if he jumped ship to grab the Mars Hill job, I believe he is very rooted in that area and Brevard seems to be a tough place to run a program.
I haven't seen or heard anything, last time I looked there was no coach posted on their site?
SouthernLaxGenius

LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:52 am
I haven't seen or heard anything, last time I looked there was no coach posted on their site?
I guess we will find out soon enough.

Any word out of Tusculum? A number of assistants kicking the tires on the job. Wouldnt be surprised if they go the high school route :shock:
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

UAH Asst it is, going to Mars Hill
https://marshilllions.com/sports/mlax/2 ... 0908hy4d3x
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

Carringtons twitter confirms he is at Amherst as Defensive Coordinator.
LaxCoach1952

Post by LaxCoach1952 »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:26 am
I guess we will find out soon enough.

Any word out of Tusculum? A number of assistants kicking the tires on the job. Wouldnt be surprised if they go the high school route :shock:
That such a stacked conference. I dont see many coaches wanting to take that job unless you just want s HC job on your resume for the next spot.
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

That such a stacked conference. I dont see many coaches wanting to take that job unless you just want s HC job on your resume for the next spot.
[/quote]

If Carrington was truly making $40k after 8 years on the job that says a lot.
SouthernLaxGenius

backerzone wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:35 pm
If Carrington was truly making $40k after 8 years on the job that says a lot.
Sad state of affairs for some of these schools in the south :evil:
LaxCoach1952

Post by LaxCoach1952 »

Word is Tusculum cut all international scholarships. If that's true you just lost the ability to recruit Canadian kids, huge disadvantage in D2. Apparently they aren't the only school in the conference that has don't that recently too.
SouthernLaxGenius

LaxCoach1952 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:11 pm Word is Tusculum cut all international scholarships. If that's true you just lost the ability to recruit Canadian kids, huge disadvantage in D2. Apparently they aren't the only school in the conference that has don't that recently too.
Mars Hill cut their international scholarship a (little) while ago while Klarmann was there. :evil:

Tusculum cut a number of things in the Mens Lacrosse program along with other sports on campus this upcoming year. :roll:

They need to go the Brevard and Pfieffer route and drop down to D III before it's too late. :shock:

Little to no shot to be competitive in SAC as it currently stands, based on the support :!:
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

LaxCoach1952 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:11 pm Word is Tusculum cut all international scholarships. If that's true you just lost the ability to recruit Canadian kids, huge disadvantage in D2. Apparently they aren't the only school in the conference that has don't that recently too.
Define International Scholarships?

Like no more scholarships or athletic aid to international students?
or
No more academic scholarships for them?
or
International grants have been sliced?

Most universities stopped taking the Canadian dollar at price 4-5 years ago.
KingPrat

Post by KingPrat »

NCAA Market has a posting for University of Bridgeport in CT.

Starting competition in 2023

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”