Total votes: 45

AreaLax

UNC vs Rutgers

Post by AreaLax »

Who wins?
bananas

Re: UNC vs Rutgers

Post by bananas »

R U T G E R S W I N S B Y F O U R A N D E V E R Y O N E S U D D E N L Y A G R E E S W I T H W H A T I V E B E E N T O U T I N G A L L S E A S O N L O N G
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

Me likey bananas projected result.
molo

Post by molo »

UNC is the best team in the country. Rutgers is the second best team in the Big Ten. I foresee a similar outcome to that of the Maryland-Rutgers games. A very good team will make an excellent team work hard before pulling away.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

I am biased. I want Rutgers to win. I hope they win. They have the talent to win but things have to go their way. That only happens if you make them go your way.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

molo wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:48 pm UNC is the best team in the country. Rutgers is the second best team in the Big Ten. I foresee a similar outcome to that of the Maryland-Rutgers games. A very good team will make an excellent team work hard before pulling away.
+1
TAV

Post by TAV »

+1
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

R U T G E R S L O S E S B Y 5 A N D W E D O N O T H E A R F R O M B A N A N A S A G A I N
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

While all the focus seems to be on UNC’s offense, I think the outcome of this game will largely depend on UNC freshman goalie, Collin Krieg. If he has even an “average” day in the office, North Carolina should be headed to the Final Four. If Rutgers can work for high percentage shots and give Krieg a hard time, the upset is there for the taking. I don’t think Rutgers can settle for merely “good” shots and win this game.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:43 am R U T G E R S L O S E S B Y 5 A N D W E D O N O T H E A R F R O M B A N A N A S A G A I N
And maybe punctuation and lower case letters will make a comeback.

DocBarrister :P
@DocBarrister
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

If Rutgers wins, this will be the biggest upset of the weekend. The ACC fans and media will be very quiet if Rutgers wins.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

DU-fan wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:32 am If Rutgers wins, this will be the biggest upset of the weekend. The ACC fans and media will be very quiet if Rutgers wins.
It is interesting you say that. The vast majority of the comments and predictions of victory, made on this thread and other related ones, are either from Big 10 or DU fans. I see very little in the way of bravado from ACC fans on any of these threads. It's just the opposite. What is going to happen is going to happen...........
Last edited by blue angels on Sat May 22, 2021 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Chris Gray is my favorite player in the nation in the "Non-Bernhardt" category. Jean-Felix has played against Bernhardt, but Jared was too fast and physical. Will be interesting to see how he holds up against Gray, who doesn't have the same physical attributes as Bernhardt. Rutgers tends to pack in behind on-ball defenders and knock down skip passes. But that leaves 12-15 yard ball-side shooters open (and UNC has a lot of those guys). Gray moves a round quite a bit, too. Turning him into a high volume shooter is probably a better strategy than letting him pick apart the defense and be selective about when he goes to goal. Kind of amazing that he only has like 15 turnovers on the year given how much he has the ball.

Colin Kirst is going to have to stand on his head for RU to win this game. That's not out of the realm of possibility, either. Given the outlet clinic he put on against Lehigh, that might short circuit UNC's riding game (which, IMO, is better than UVA's this season). Get some stops, get the outlets, get into transition, and put the pressure on UNC's defense. That dog will hunt.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

blue angels wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:03 am
DU-fan wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:32 am If Rutgers wins, this will be the biggest upset of the weekend. The ACC fans and media will be very quiet if Rutgers wins.
It is interesting you say that. The vast majority of the comments and predictions of victory, made on this thread and other related ones, are either from Big 10 or DU fans. I see very little in the way of bravado from ACC fans on any of these threads. It's just the opposite. What is going to happen is going to happen...........
Blue Angels - I agree with you about this thread. But, there are many others that were predicting an ACC final four and that UNC got the easiest ride to the final four. The ACC final four may still happen. UNC got an easier match up than ND. I am excited for this game and will be rooting for players on both sides.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Wheels wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:04 am Chris Gray is my favorite player in the nation in the "Non-Bernhardt" category. Jean-Felix has played against Bernhardt, but Jared was too fast and physical. Will be interesting to see how he holds up against Gray, who doesn't have the same physical attributes as Bernhardt. Rutgers tends to pack in behind on-ball defenders and knock down skip passes. But that leaves 12-15 yard ball-side shooters open (and UNC has a lot of those guys). Gray moves a round quite a bit, too. Turning him into a high volume shooter is probably a better strategy than letting him pick apart the defense and be selective about when he goes to goal. Kind of amazing that he only has like 15 turnovers on the year given how much he has the ball.

Colin Kirst is going to have to stand on his head for RU to win this game. That's not out of the realm of possibility, either. Given the outlet clinic he put on against Lehigh, that might short circuit UNC's riding game (which, IMO, is better than UVA's this season). Get some stops, get the outlets, get into transition, and put the pressure on UNC's defense. That dog will hunt.
not sure i have a clear #2 this year. wanted to see teat and what brandau was going to turn into.
like nichtern, tierney and rogers as they've put the team on their backs when needed.
defensively connors and terefenko (nicked up some) in the middle of the field, and kielty, makar, quinn, mcnulty, hudgins locking guys down. didn't get to see grant much.

krieg has the chance to be the difference in any game he's in, same with rode. and krieg's just a freshie.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

UNC, 13-10
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

pcowlax wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:47 amUNC, 13-10
But wouldn't you LOVE to see a 22-19 game?!!! These teams are capable of that.

But I do think your prediction is going to be spot on.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Where is the game ?
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

I refuse to watch the Yard Sale. I am boycotting it until it is cancelled.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

<and here we go joker gif>

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”