Why Hofstra as a host site, Why???

D1 Mens Lacrosse
livelovelax

Why Hofstra as a host site, Why???

Post by livelovelax »

So Rutgers gets to play #1 UNC in the quarters on Saturday and the crowd and game should be fantastic! Oh wait, every venue is open now except Hofstra. What a joke. Why is the NCAA playing this game at this site where there was any chance that it would still be in lockdown? So anyone that wants to attend, even parents or families must show a negative covid test or proof of the vaccine. We have lost our minds America, at least the liberal left has. Apparently, common sense is not so common. I had covid and I got my second vaccine and will be in the 11th day but they will only take 14 days after the second shot. The insanity continues.

These science deniers don't want to follow the science. The CDC just came out and said no masks needed outside but the air in NY must be more dangerous. So, instead of 5,000 or so in attendance, we will probably be around 300. Everyone get in lockstep, nothing to see here. Didn't this happen in Germany 75 years ago?

Meanwhile in every other game I attended for my daughter and son, all other venues only made you wear your mask and even that was not really enforced. 2022 cannot come fast enough so we can vote these clowns out!
jersey shore lax

Re: Why Hofstra as a host site, Why???

Post by jersey shore lax »

livelovelax wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:52 pm So Rutgers gets to play #1 UNC in the quarters on Saturday and the crowd and game should be fantastic! Oh wait, every venue is open now except Hofstra. What a joke. Why is the NCAA playing this game at this site where there was any chance that it would still be in lockdown? So anyone that wants to attend, even parents or families must show a negative covid test or proof of the vaccine. We have lost our minds America, at least the liberal left has. Apparently, common sense is not so common. I had covid and I got my second vaccine and will be in the 11th day but they will only take 14 days after the second shot. The insanity continues.

These science deniers don't want to follow the science. The CDC just came out and said no masks needed outside but the air in NY must be more dangerous. So, instead of 5,000 or so in attendance, we will probably be around 300. Everyone get in lockstep, nothing to see here. Didn't this happen in Germany 75 years ago?

Meanwhile in every other game I attended for my daughter and son, all other venues only made you wear your mask and even that was not really enforced. 2022 cannot come fast enough so we can vote these clowns out!

get a negative test, wear a mask and enjoy the game.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well, the Germany reference is way, way out there, but I do agree that it's a bit silly to have significantly different rules. We're talking outside...and hypothetically you could wear a mask to be extra cautious in terms of risk to others...would you be happy to do so if that meant being able to watch the game in-person?

No, the CDC did not say everyone could go maskless outside. Not if you're in a crowd of strangers.
https://apnews.com/article/cdc-mask-wea ... 9428b59634

That said, you can't get a negative COVID test?
It'll still show up positive from whenever you had Covid?
Usually that clears...can you at least prove you did have Covid?

And why didn't you have your 2nd Covid shot sooner?
Were you waiting longer than others your age? Or did you grab the first opening available to you?
Most parents would have had this chance, seems to me, and if not, a Covid test would suffice.

So, at least most people would be able to clear...or is there another rule that's keeping folks out?

Back to 'silly'...if for some reason both of the above have good reasons for not being possible, seems to me they should simply require a mask and for folks needing to do so to be standing apart.

All that said, I'm just glad games are being played and we're headed on a good trajectory. I'll reserve my complaining for something more serious than not being able to watch a lax game live and instead needing to watch it televised...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Has it been 75 years since the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Same thing with the CAA tournament which should have been held at high seed Delaware instead they chose Hofstra in the most restrictive state in the country. Ridiculous, so many great venues in less restrictive states in Mid Atlantic, terrible location convenient to no where except Long Island.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:17 pm Well, the Germany reference is way, way out there, but I do agree that it's a bit silly to have significantly different rules. We're talking outside...and hypothetically you could wear a mask to be extra cautious in terms of risk to others...would you be happy to do so if that meant being able to watch the game in-person?

No, the CDC did not say everyone could go maskless outside. Not if you're in a crowd of strangers.
you're several weeks late with your guidance.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/13/health/c ... index.html
for lll to not be in the safe zone at 11 days after his 2nd shot, outside, is... well, ridiculous. but, we are and have been in the ridiculous zone, so crazy has a spot on the team.
Houndfan73

Post by Houndfan73 »

Correct. Game shouldn’t be anywhere near Long Island.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

While the original post's hyperbole rivals claims that the Texas reopening plan was "Neanderthal thinking", the actual results make it clear that that NYS is that absolute worst place for any gathering, and always was since it took the crown from Washington State very early.

Did no other location bid?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
hofstrapride1

Post by hofstrapride1 »

livelovelax wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:52 pm So Rutgers gets to play #1 UNC in the quarters on Saturday and the crowd and game should be fantastic! Oh wait, every venue is open now except Hofstra. What a joke. Why is the NCAA playing this game at this site where there was any chance that it would still be in lockdown? So anyone that wants to attend, even parents or families must show a negative covid test or proof of the vaccine. We have lost our minds America, at least the liberal left has. Apparently, common sense is not so common. I had covid and I got my second vaccine and will be in the 11th day but they will only take 14 days after the second shot. The insanity continues.

Hofstra was designated the host in 2017 well in advance and they always do incredible job with this event. Yes it sucks that you fall just short of the 14-day window but getting a negative COVID test is not that much of a hassle.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Amazing! So, some of you are ok with this still? Really, having family members show negative test results or proof of vaccination. But its ok to attend lacrosse tournaments with 1,000s of players and parents walking next to one another without the need for either. That's not hyperbole. It's hypocrisy. Wow!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It is really part of the vast consipiracy against the BigTen writ large and especially Rutgers.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Well, I do recall several 6-8 hour treks from Northern NJ to Nassau County, LI.
It is almost as if they stage an accident to delay me every time I am on the Belt Parkway.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

95 from Richmond to Philly sucks. Then you get to Jersey. Presumably you guya take the Verrazano across coming from the Balt area?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

livelovelax wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:51 pm Amazing! So, some of you are ok with this still? Really, having family members show negative test results or proof of vaccination. But its ok to attend lacrosse tournaments with 1,000s of players and parents walking next to one another without the need for either. That's not hyperbole. It's hypocrisy. Wow!
In New York?
(I have no idea what the rules have been in various states re tournaments); what I do know is that the states are all trying to figure out what rules to release and which, if any, to keep. Day to day decision-making as they were taken a bit by surprise by the CDC.

But, you do realize these decisions aren't the fault of Hofstra nor the NCAA right?

No argument that doing the games in the Mid-Atlantic would have been better on this metric, and one could argue that it was foreseeable...but not back in 2017. You're saying it should have been pulled? Why not do it South Dakota...no rules there, ever...

I do agree with wgdsr that, at least at this point, it seems ridiculous...on the other hand, man up and get tested...or get vaccinated sooner.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:17 pm Well, the Germany reference is way, way out there, but I do agree that it's a bit silly to have significantly different rules. We're talking outside...and hypothetically you could wear a mask to be extra cautious in terms of risk to others...would you be happy to do so if that meant being able to watch the game in-person?

for lll to not be in the safe zone at 11 days after his 2nd shot, outside, is... well, ridiculous. but, we are and have been in the ridiculous zone, so crazy has a spot on the team.

:D re "crazy has a spot on the team"

Sure, but that's if you're fully vaccinated...which he isn't claiming. It does seem arbitrary about 14 days versus 11 days, but until he is, he doesn't 'pass' the current guidance...and he has the option to get tested...I really can't see whining making any sense, and certainly most parents would have no issue with going.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 pm 95 from Richmond to Philly sucks. Then you get to Jersey. Presumably you guya take the Verrazano across coming from the Balt area?
Outer Bridge to the Verrazzano was my usual, unless 880 advised me otherwise.
I had an aunt who moved from LI to South Jersey.
She claimed she had three typical return journeys:
1. OK, that was not terrible.
2. Ugh, not again!
3. Why did I ever agree to come; from now on they can visit me.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

That said, you can't get a negative COVID test?
It'll still show up positive from whenever you had Covid?
Usually that clears...can you at least prove you did have Covid?

And why didn't you have your 2nd Covid shot sooner?
Were you waiting longer than others your age? Or did you grab the first opening available to you?
Most parents would have had this chance, seems to me, and if not, a Covid test would suffice.

So, at least most people would be able to clear...or is there another rule that's keeping folks out?

Back to 'silly'...if for some reason both of the above have good reasons for not being possible, seems to me they should simply require a mask and for folks needing to do so to be standing apart.

All that said, I'm just glad games are being played and we're headed on a good trajectory. I'll reserve my complaining for something more serious than not being able to watch a lax game live and instead needing to watch it televised...
Why did you feel the need to jump in and provide one of your usually fairy-tale rants. Whose mind are trying to change? It's mind-boggling. Back to my regular schedule programming.

JoeMauer89!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:46 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:59 pm

:D re "crazy has a spot on the team"

Sure, but that's if you're fully vaccinated...which he isn't claiming. It does seem arbitrary about 14 days versus 11 days, but until he is, he doesn't 'pass' the current guidance...and he has the option to get tested...I really can't see whining making any sense, and certainly most parents would have no issue with going.
i know you don't see grousing to make any sense.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Is starting a whole new thread "grousing"?

I think unless he stated some articulate and elegant case for concern over taking the vaccine I don't quite get demanding others doing things for the sake of his/her child so they can attend but yet an unwillingness to get poked in the arm twice. Even if it may not fully make sense for this event hosting circumstance at this point in time.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:03 pm Is starting a whole new thread "grousing"?

I think unless he stated some articulate and elegant case for concern over taking the vaccine I don't quite get demanding others doing things for the sake of his/her child so they can attend but yet an unwillingness to get poked in the arm twice. Even if it may not fully make sense for this event hosting circumstance at this point in time.
i'd say it is.
he has gotten 2 shots. and had covid.
and isn't allowed to just wear a mask. outdoors.
his point is the absurdity of the rules in the face of all that. with all that we now "know".

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”