Yale 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FannOLax

Yale 2022

Post by FannOLax »

Since there has been no Yale 2021, I suppose it's time to look forward to Yale 2022. FYI, this past Saturday I went to a HS game in New Haven; it was a lot of fun, reminded me how good it is to see a game in person. I'm really looking forward to getting back to Reese; hoping for home fall ball!

Here are the HS class of 2021 commits: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/team/commits/yale/2021
I kinda like the fact that plenty of these guys aren't star-rated by Inside Lacrosse; after all, Ty Warner wasn't rated.

This dude was All-hair in California! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prQ-0wKgNoI
DocBarrister

Re: Yale 2022

Post by DocBarrister »

FannOLax wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:40 pm Since there has been no Yale 2021, I suppose it's time to look forward to Yale 2022. FYI, this past Saturday I went to a HS game in New Haven; it was a lot of fun, reminded me how good it is to see a game in person. I'm really looking forward to getting back to Reese; hoping for home fall ball!

Here are the HS class of 2021 commits: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/team/commits/yale/2021
I kinda like the fact that plenty of these guys aren't star-rated by Inside Lacrosse; after all, Ty Warner wasn't rated.

This dude was All-hair in California! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prQ-0wKgNoI
Brad Sharp plays like Joey Epstein, but with better hair!

DocBarrister :P
@DocBarrister
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Tremendous hair. Love that that was listed in his accomplishments. Also love the music to his highlights, such a refreshing change from the norm. Excited to see how Leo Johnson does. For those of us in CT, he has been something of a legend for years but with limited chances to actually see him the past 2.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

pcowlax wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:29 am Tremendous hair. Love that that was listed in his accomplishments. Also love the music to his highlights, such a refreshing change from the norm. Excited to see how Leo Johnson does. For those of us in CT, he has been something of a legend for years but with limited chances to actually see him the past 2.
+1
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

pcowlax wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:29 am Tremendous hair. Love that that was listed in his accomplishments. Also love the music to his highlights, such a refreshing change from the norm. Excited to see how Leo Johnson does. For those of us in CT, he has been something of a legend for years but with limited chances to actually see him the past 2.
Quiz for today ... which player over the past 20 years does Best Hair resemble in appearance? This is an easy one ...
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Ummmm Gaudet (at least during his first year)? If it was someone from 19 years ago, I wouldn't have seen him.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Curious to see the post Memorial Day way too early lacrosse rankings for next year particularly as regards the Ivies. Looks like some of the Ivies (Penn, and Brown) were able to muster more or less full teams by the end of the Ivy shutdowns, and the rest likely ran the gamut from Dartmouth fielding a team of mostly freshmen and sophomores down to Yale which had Skyler Wilson being the only participant, which left him getting individual instruction from all three Bulldog coaches. Coach Shay has always seemed to expect a ton of effort from his players in terms of staying in shape, and it wouldn't surprise me if some managed to get together to work on their skills.

By my count the Bulldog roster should come in at a little over fifty player with 23 of them being nominally FYs, with none of the 23 having experienced lacrosse at the D1 level, as well as 10 or so sophomores who only had a half a season's and 4 games exposure to the same. This years incoming class would appear to have leg up over last years in terms of getting actual game experience this year even if it is just at the High School level. Though not at all in the know I expect a number of seasoned players to return including Fake, Brandau, Tevlin, Starr, Eschbach, Bragg to name a few. A ton of talent across the board, but Shay and staff look to have a monumental task to get the team up to speed with only a couple of months of fall ball, and the typical Ivy League mandated late start to the actual season. I'll be very curious to see how long it takes Andy to whip this team into the top level team I think they may well become.

Gaudet with his look, demeanor and talent is the Bulldog I will miss the most.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Are all the men from Denver transferring back?
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

FannOLax wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:19 pm Ummmm Gaudet (at least during his first year)? If it was someone from 19 years ago, I wouldn't have seen him.
Matt Gibson Yale 2012!
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Looks like we are losing our coach!
molo

Post by molo »

Best hair would look like my namesake.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Lax3 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:16 pm Looks like we are losing our coach!
?
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

The Orfling wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:42 pm
?
Ah, the "Desko will be out and Andy Shay will go to Syracuse" rumblings. Never say never, I guess, but remember when the FanLax boards were all certain that Yale was pursuing Chris Gray as a transfer? Never a possibility. People just thought it made sense so they talked about it as if it were happening. I hope this is similarly untethered to fact.

For one thing, it seems clear that Chase Scanlan was reinstated under Title IX rules, and that Desko was protecting the university in terming it his decision. I'd be surprised in some ways if 'Cuse threw Desko to the wolves under these circumstances.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

The Orfling wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:52 pm
?
Ah, the "Desko will be out and Andy Shay will go to Syracuse" rumblings. Never say never, I guess, but remember when the FanLax boards were all certain that Yale was pursuing Chris Gray as a transfer? Never a possibility. People just thought it made sense so they talked about it as if it were happening. I hope this is similarly untethered to fact.

For one thing, it seems clear that Chase Scanlan was reinstated under Title IX rules, and that Desko was protecting the university in terming it his decision. I'd be surprised in some ways if 'Cuse threw Desko to the wolves under these circumstances.
ya think?
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

?

“It seems clear that Chase Scanlan was reinstated under Title IX rules”

Does it? Because to my knowledge, no one has reported that a title IX complaint was filed by the victim. If the victim did not file a title IX complaint, which no one has reported that she did, then how does title IX in any way play a role in what occurred?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

syracuse has a title ix office.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:20 pm syracuse has a title ix office.
And? So does every school. Was a title IX complaint filed?
calourie

Post by calourie »

Looks like to whom? FMUBart for one, I'm not at all sure who a second is. I'll believe it when it happens, until then it gets filed away as Fanlax blather.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Hot off the intertubes!: Shay to 'Cuse for 2000 tons of snow. Yale announces dates for first Winterfest.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

jrn19 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:18 pm
?

For one thing, it seems clear that [the player] was reinstated under Title IX rules, and that Desko was protecting the university in terming it his decision. I'd be surprised in some ways if 'Cuse threw Desko to the wolves under these circumstances.
“It seems clear that [the player] was reinstated under Title IX rules”

Does it? Because to my knowledge, no one has reported that a title IX complaint was filed by the victim. If the victim did not file a title IX complaint, which no one has reported that she did, then how does title IX in any way play a role in what occurred?
Under the prior presidential administration, title IX procedures in cases where students were accused of on campus misconduct were changed to add in additional rights to the accused students. My read is that the university title IX office told the athletic department that they could be at risk of the player filing a title IX complaint for being the subject of disciplinary action without the campus equivalent of due process were he to remain suspended at that initial point. Once the authorities filed charges, that provided the safe harbor for suspension from the team.

To be clear, I don’t have any inside sourcing, but that is how it looks\feels to me as somebody with many years of litigation experience. My original point was that if that is in fact the scenario, the university is not going to throw The Head Coach under the bus for not only following protocol but doing so in a way to provide top cover.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”