Poll: Hopkins 2020 vs. 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse

Which was more fun to watch? JHU 2020 or 2021?

Hopkins 2020
17%
Hopkins 2021
83%

Total votes: 12

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Poll: Hopkins 2020 vs. 2021

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Curious about opinions here.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Poll: Hopkins 2020 vs. 2021

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m still not convinced Covid didn’t get let out of a Hopkins research lab given the MSM game last year so I don’t see how anyone is going to pick 20 unless they are a blood relative of Petro.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:51 pm I’m still not convinced Covid didn’t get let out of a Hopkins research lab given the MSM game last year so I don’t see how anyone is going to pick 20 unless they are a blood relative of Petro.
We had no choice. We almost lost to MSM for heaven’s sake. The season had to be stopped.

DocBarrister ;) (Ok, joke was made ... no disrespect to MSM, which played an epic game against Hopkins.)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:34 pm Curious about opinions here.
Definitely 2021.

It was really fun watching Milliman and his staff steadily mold this team. And the young men put in a gallant effort. Not once did I ever feel these Blue Jays didn’t give their all to try and win. Not sure I’ve ever seen a Hopkins team put forward so much effort on the field.

Yes, the losing sucked in both seasons. But the end of the 2021 season left me with a profound sense of hope and promise.

The end of the 2020 season? Not so much.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:13 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:51 pm I’m still not convinced Covid didn’t get let out of a Hopkins research lab given the MSM game last year so I don’t see how anyone is going to pick 20 unless they are a blood relative of Petro.
We had no choice. We almost lost to MSM for heaven’s sake. The season had to be stopped.

DocBarrister ;) (Ok, joke was made ... no disrespect to MSM, which played an epic game against Hopkins.)
Glad I didn’t get a bug out super serious reply but really last year overall seemed miserable for all of you unless you just refuse to get on the Milliman train basically. I mean you improved and did so without Epstein being huge (learned to live w/o so to speak) finishing strong and also didn’t have Fernandez and goalie was a real concern along w a new coach system and culture on the fly in a pandemic. As a neophyte on Hop overall I would still expect a 7-9 win season rather than you guys suddenly are 13-3 and in the FF next year, more like the last decade but with obvious directional upside and optimism. 2020 was just trash unless I’m missing something. Seems like a no brainer to me anyway.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

I know with your cats and sexual entendres you look at things differently Wombat but I don't see how this is interesting or useful frankly - just dredges up the old feelings of the Petro has to go vs Petro is a legend and should stay camps. They are also not comparable seasons because of the pandemic of course. Hopkins had a full fall in 2019 and an uninterupted spring until shut down.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”