Who are the Top/Next Big Thing Head Coaching Candidates

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dasher

Who are the Top/Next Big Thing Head Coaching Candidates

Post by Dasher »

When VCU jump-started the coaching carousel earlier this week it got me thinking that with last year's truncated season and this year's bizarro scheduled Covid season, it may be much harder to identify top candidates, or at least for them to rise up. With rumors of a few big jobs opening up (as they usually do) who are the top candidates/next big things for Head Coaching or more high profile jobs?

I will start...and I will say I have ZERO insight as to whether or not she is happy or not at her current gig but Michelle Tumolo seems to have the right resume. Syracuse All American player, Tewarton finalist, Gold Medal winner, National Team, Pro player and Asst time at Syracuse ( GAIT coaching family tree), Florida, and Oregon, and now three successful years as HC at Wagner.

Who else belongs on the list?
8meterPA

Re: Who are the Top/Next Big Thing Head Coaching Candidates

Post by 8meterPA »

Wow, I had no idea she wasn't asked to return. Was programs only coach for 8 years
hsllax

Post by hsllax »

Dana Dobbie
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Dobbie is interesting but she seems settled in at Loyola
hsllax

Post by hsllax »

Kayla Treanor. I think Defliese at Syracuse could go somewhere. Does Jen Kent ever leave BC?

It's a little tough to say who will pan out and who wants to be a HC. I was a college HC for a little while and had decent success but it wasn't for me and outside of coaching a little club and high school, I left the sport all together. It's a tough job and if you're a great assistant you can have a pretty nice life with less of the pressure while being at a bigger and more competitive program than you'd likely land at as a first time HC.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Pretty sure Kayla's boyfriend is a Boston boy with a pretty good job which is why she's in Boston to begin with.
While women are pretty good at getting what they want it might also limit where, if anywhere other than Boston, she might want to go.
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

hsllax wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:51 am Kayla Treanor. I think Defliese at Syracuse could go somewhere. Does Jen Kent ever leave BC?

It's a little tough to say who will pan out and who wants to be a HC. I was a college HC for a little while and had decent success but it wasn't for me and outside of coaching a little club and high school, I left the sport all together. It's a tough job and if you're a great assistant you can have a pretty nice life with less of the pressure while being at a bigger and more competitive program than you'd likely land at as a first time HC.
Thank you for the interesting perspective. I would speculate some of the "Associate Head Coaches" may have found the perfect work-life balance.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Caitlyn Phipps. But like Treanor, not sure she really wants to go anywhere but where she is in College Park.
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

The Va Tech job was the big job I heard was going to be open. Stories are awful, but won't be repeated. ACC job anyone?
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

So far our list of hot candidates was pretty spot on!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dasher wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:35 am Dobbie is interesting but she seems settled in at Loyola
well, I hope so....at least for another year. :D
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Just reading that the St. Peters Basketball Coach, after his team's Elite 8 run, jumped ship to his alma mater Seton Hall. Well deserved.
Got me thinking during this last month of the regular season- Which lax coaches' or associates are standing out and could be the next big thing?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”