Laxhead44

ACC Tourney

Post by Laxhead44 »

54E9EDC8-C0DE-42C2-A155-54177B7FE507.jpeg
54E9EDC8-C0DE-42C2-A155-54177B7FE507.jpeg (126.62 KiB) Viewed 4285 times
Cletus

Re: ACC Tourney

Post by Cletus »

Don’t sleep on Duke in the first round vs Notre Dame.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Looks like BC will square off with Syracuse in the semi’s barring any shocking bumps in the first round. This time at a neutral site. That’ll be 3 meetings in 8 days. That’s Entertainment!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:45 am Looks like BC will square off with Syracuse in the semi’s barring any shocking bumps in the first round. This time at a neutral site. That’ll be 3 meetings in 8 days. That’s Entertainment!
While Northwestern floats through the Little League that Could. I wonder how this pans out: do the ACC teams get some NCAA tournament benefit out of engaging in all out war for an ACC title, or do they emerge fatigued, weary and dinged-up? NU has played 11 games, all in the B1G and has outscored the rest of the conference 227-100. Six of the 11 games were won with a spread of 10 or more goals, three games by nine goals. The closest was the inexplicable outing against PSU at home, where NU won by four.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:21 am
Cletus wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:45 am Looks like BC will square off with Syracuse in the semi’s barring any shocking bumps in the first round. This time at a neutral site. That’ll be 3 meetings in 8 days. That’s Entertainment!
While Northwestern floats through the Little League that Could. I wonder how this pans out: do the ACC teams get some NCAA tournament benefit out of engaging in all out war for an ACC title, or do they emerge fatigued, weary and dinged-up? NU has played 11 games, all in the B1G and has outscored the rest of the conference 227-100. Six of the 11 games were won with a spread of 10 or more goals, three games by nine goals. The closest was the inexplicable outing against PSU at home, where NU won by four.
They also only play 2 games in their tourney....those players are going to be rested and ready to play and ACC players gonna be dinged up. NU def has it made this season. If curious if come NCAA tourney seeding if they end up #2.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

If the case is as you present it, I would say NU's float season hurts them come dance time. They're not battle tested and they'll lose before the final four.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:26 am
If the case is as you present it, I would say NU's float season hurts them come dance time. They're not battle tested and they'll lose before the final four.
I actually think NU is a championship caliber team: extraordinary weapons on offense, good workers between the 30s, and a very good, elite draw unit whether it is Dwyer or Girardi taking the draws. And they have a good coach. So, on balance, I think the (relative to the ACC) cupcake schedule helps (rested, uninjured, lots of leisure time for film and avocado toast) and hurts (have they played an offense this year even close to UNC? Syracuse? BC? Duke? For heaven's sake, even Virginia?), in the ways you can all imagine.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:17 am lots of leisure time for film and avocado toast
:lol:
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:17 am
Cletus wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:26 am
I actually think NU is a championship caliber team: extraordinary weapons on offense, good workers between the 30s, and a very good, elite draw unit whether it is Dwyer or Girardi taking the draws. And they have a good coach. So, on balance, I think the (relative to the ACC) cupcake schedule helps (rested, uninjured, lots of leisure time for film and avocado toast) and hurts (have they played an offense this year even close to UNC? Syracuse? BC? Duke? For heaven's sake, even Virginia?), in the ways you can all imagine.
Goalie and defense average for NU....offense is great in BIg10 but as has been said many times... just don’t know how they stack up against the other top seeds .
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

2016 USC was undefeated in the regular season and conference tournament, with signature wins including Duke (which was coming off a Final Four), Stony Brook, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Colorado, Denver x2, Stanford x2. Was seeded #5 and had to play a very good five-loss Cuse team (Florida, MD, BC, UNC x2) in the Dome in the quarterfinals.

2018 SBU was undefeated in the regular season and conference tournament, with signature wins including USC, Stanford, Denver, NU, Towson, Cornell, JHU, and PSU. Was seeded #5 and had to play a great one-loss BC team in Chestnut Hill in the quarterfinals.

I don't think NU will fall all the way to #5, but there's plenty of precedence for them to be #3 or 4.
laxagainsthumanity

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:09 pm I don't think NU will fall all the way to #5, but there's plenty of precedence for them to be #3 or 4.
Which begs the question... Could we see an all-ACC Final Four? Could Notre Dame or Duke pull that upset if that's the matchup?
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:09 pm 2016 USC was undefeated in the regular season and conference tournament, with signature wins including Duke (which was coming off a Final Four), Stony Brook, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Colorado, Denver x2, Stanford x2. Was seeded #5 and had to play a very good five-loss Cuse team (Florida, MD, BC, UNC x2) in the Dome in the quarterfinals.

2018 SBU was undefeated in the regular season and conference tournament, with signature wins including USC, Stanford, Denver, NU, Towson, Cornell, JHU, and PSU. Was seeded #5 and had to play a great one-loss BC team in Chestnut Hill in the quarterfinals.

I don't think NU will fall all the way to #5, but there's plenty of precedence for them to be #3 or 4.
Agree seeing them at 3/4 also
laxagainsthumanity

Can anyone explain why VT is seeded ahead of Louisville, even though both have the same conference record and UL won the head-to-head?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:23 pm Can anyone explain why VT is seeded ahead of Louisville, even though both have the same conference record and UL won the head-to-head?
Maybe because VT played one less game?
Laxhead44

Post by Laxhead44 »

One of the two UNC @ Va Tech games was Covided out, and never made up so both teams only had 9 games. That was the only ACC regular season game not to be played I believe? So Va Tech gets 7th seed by winning percentage I’m assuming?
laxagainsthumanity

Oh, must be that! I should crowdsource knowledge more often. That seems pretty unfair to UL but rules are rules.
Laxhead44

Post by Laxhead44 »

Agreed, I know the difference between seventh and eighth doesn’t seem like a big deal, but in reality it is to those 2 teams. IMO, That game should have been rescheduled
Cletus

List of ACC champions

Post by Cletus »

Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Does anyone else have a chance this year or should we just rename it the Jenny Levy Trophy?
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

Cletus wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:13 am Does anyone else have a chance this year or should we just rename it the Jenny Levy Trophy?
BC and Cuse both have a shot. They need to win 60% of draws, shoot at a high clip and Moreno have an off day. All possible, not probable. I like BC more than Cuse with another Cuse attacker down.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”