Covid in SSC

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Old&InTheWay

Covid in SSC

Post by Old&InTheWay »

There seems to more games PPD do to Covid anyone have an insight? How will this affect rankings, post-season selections and will players get this year of eligibility back??
Laxwarrior

Re: Covid in SSC

Post by Laxwarrior »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:32 am There seems to more games PPD do to Covid anyone have an insight? How will this affect rankings, post-season selections and will players get this year of eligibility back??
Eligibility? Personally I think adding eligibility back creates an ongoing problem. The younger players are losing opportunities to the older players that are returning.

When my son went to play I told him he had 4 years, no redshirt year! He was there to get his degree! Honestly, playing year round sports starting in 5th grade (football, lacrosse) and then college was taking a toll on his body.

Lacrosse not being fully funded it was going to cost me more if he was there longer. He is getting his masters on his and his companies dime now!
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

I tend to agree with you on the eligibility issues. The way things are going, current HS students will run into a log jam of upperclassmen in front of them. It could get very messy. I do feel sorry for the current upperclassmen that had their careers cut short due to covid cancelling their seasons.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

More PPD games this weekend in SSC. Will Tampa have enough games to be selected?
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

I wouldn't be surprised if the SSC decides to shut it down for the year. All sports have been impacted, several schools skipped spring break
to end the spring semester early, that's coming up soon. I know at UT they want to get the kids home and hopefully safe
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Is shutting down the SSC a reality? Sounds like they are having a difficult time getting games in. Anyone have a status update on the conference?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

No real updates, but two of the four games scheduled for today have been "postponed" according to the conference website. (Lynn@FSC, Tampa@PBAU). PBAU@FSC, Rollins@Saint Leo on today at 7 pm.

Also currently on the conference schedule are:

Date Game Time

5/1 PBAU@Rollins, 3 pm
5/1 FT@Lynn, 6 pm
5/1 FSC@Tampa, 8 pm
5/5 Rollins@Lynn, 6 pm
5/8 Lynn@Tampa, 3 pm
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

If season was shutdown for the SSC, do players get their year of eligibility back ? Could this be the motivation to cancel more games?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:33 pm If season was shutdown for the SSC, do players get their year of eligibility back ? Could this be the motivation to cancel more games?
They don't.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”