seacoaster

Re: Gentlemen’s Wagers

Post by seacoaster »

Can Opener wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:13 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:01 am
Can Opener wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:00 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:29 am
Can Opener wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:14 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:06 pm So I am sure I owe DMac some generic brand window cleaner from Dollar General. Do I also owe Can Opener a beer sometime in town in the post-Plague era?
Happy to go double or nuthin’ on BC winning one at the dome. If Syracuse sweeps, you win. If BC wins one or both, I win. Are you game?
Sure.
To paraphrase a famous Seinfeld episode, these BC wins are making me thirsty. :D
Your team earned it. A really impressive two weeks of lacrosse.
Thanks. Just got my second shot yesterday. C u soon at a seacoast pub. I'll bring the pretzels.
Getting my No. 2 today. I'll buy the pretzels too.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Syracuse will not make Championship Weekend in 2022. That’s the challenge laid down. Who wants a piece of the action?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 am Syracuse will not make Championship Weekend in 2022. That’s the challenge laid down. Who wants a piece of the action?
Will you say that SU will not make the Final Four?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:56 am
Cletus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 am Syracuse will not make Championship Weekend in 2022. That’s the challenge laid down. Who wants a piece of the action?
Will you say that SU will not make the Final Four?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gentlemen’s Wagers 2024

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I found this topic languishing on page 14. Time to dust it off now that Relax77 wants to make the season a bit more interesting.

Lay it on me, brother--what precisely are the particulars of the wager?

Relax77 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:37 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:14 pm
laxdadpat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:55 am Love reading the predictions about the upcoming season. Don't need to make crazy picks just for click bait, like Loyola not winning the Patriot League.
Loyola has a top 4 coaching staff that recruits great fits for their system. Did you watch any of their games against the Patriot League teams, it's varsity versus JV. I know Army has 1 real nice player, doesn't mean they have a chance to beat Loyola! Army had several close Patriot league games last year. Loyola lost 3 games last year against Florida, Cuse and Northwestern. The safest bet in all of womens' lacrosse is Loyola winning the Patriot, I am happy to give anyone 10-1 odds for the rest of the Patriot league if you want to give away money. I am a huge fan of both programs, but it's comparing apples and oranges. Just one guys opinion.
Nope...2 guys opinions :D
Ok. Another 10 for a 100. It’s a long shot. Is Loyola gonna win. Yeah. Most likely. But it’s one game, anything can happen. It’s not like they are gonna wind up playing American. Gonna play Army. I think Army is gonna be strong again this year. Worth the ten in my opinion. Kinda hoping Outta drinks tonight and gives me the 100-1 odds he said he wouldn’t t take. I’ll bet you a dollar outta.
Relax77

Re: Gentlemen’s Wagers 2024

Post by Relax77 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:36 pm I found this topic languishing on page 14. Time to dust it off now that Relax77 wants to make the season a bit more interesting.

laxdadpat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:55 am Love reading the predictions about the upcoming season. Don't need to make crazy picks just for click bait, like Loyola not winning the Patriot League.
Loyola has a top 4 coaching staff that recruits great fits for their system. Did you watch any of their games against the Patriot League teams, it's varsity versus JV. I know Army has 1 real nice player, doesn't mean they have a chance to beat Loyola! Army had several close Patriot league games last year. Loyola lost 3 games last year against Florida, Cuse and Northwestern. The safest bet in all of womens' lacrosse is Loyola winning the Patriot, I am happy to give anyone 10-1 odds for the rest of the Patriot league if you want to give away money. I am a huge fan of both programs, but it's comparing apples and oranges. Just one guys opinion.
Ok. Another 10 for a 100. It’s a long shot. Is Loyola gonna win. Yeah. Most likely. But it’s one game, anything can happen. It’s not like they are gonna wind up playing American. Gonna play Army. I think Army is gonna be strong again this year. Worth the ten in my opinion. Kinda hoping Outta drinks tonight and gives me the 100-1 odds he said he wouldn’t t take. I’ll bet you a dollar outta.
Haha. It wasn’t me. The other poster said I’ll give 10-1 odds. Then you said you wouldn’t take it for 100-1. I was just saying I like those odds.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:19 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:36 pm I found this topic languishing on page 14. Time to dust it off now that Relax77 wants to make the season a bit more interesting.

Haha. It wasn’t me. The other poster said I’ll give 10-1 odds. Then you said you wouldn’t take it for 100-1. I was just saying I like those odds.
Again, personally not a gambler...especially when I have, until recently, had a dog in the fight....Would love to see what that wager would entail. I remember some bets back in the old Laxpower days...not sure if they were ever collected on, but it did provide interest.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:19 pm Haha. It wasn’t me. The other poster said I’ll give 10-1 odds. Then you said you wouldn’t take it for 100-1. I was just saying I like those odds.
Gotcha
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:43 pm Again, personally not a gambler...especially when I have, until recently, had a dog in the fight....Would love to see what that wager would entail. I remember some bets back in the old Laxpower days...not sure if they were ever collected on, but it did provide interest.
Agreed--it certainly does provide interest. I have to imagine that NCAA D1 women's lacrosse will soon be betable, if you will. Not that I would have any interest apart from seeing what the oddsmakers set the lines at for certain matchups. There was a site that I heard about last season on Twitter that took action. The person who came to me for my thoughts on which team would win which game was eventually shut off because he was winning too much money. Too funny. In any event--looks like it's back to the languishing pages for this old topic (unless DMac has some gummies he'd like to plunk down.) 😉

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”