SAC

D2 Mens Lacrosse
greatwhitenorth

Re: SAC

Post by greatwhitenorth »

my two cents - keeping in mind it's hard to tell if any of the Seniors are going a Grad year - Limestone (22), Tusculum (14), LR and Wingate (13) and Newberry (12) would seem to be missing the most Sr and GR but they all have huge rosters (exception Tusculum). There will be lot's to say about the bold pick dropping Stone down.

1. LR - lose about 13 Sr/GR - 2 of which were in team top 5 scoring - FOGO stays - top goalie gone - no coaching change
2. Wingate - lose about 13 Sr/GR - 2 of which were in team top 5 scoring - FOGO stays - top goalie stays - no coaching change
3. Newberry - lose about 12 Sr/GR - 1 of whom was in team top 5 scoring - new D1 FOGO comes in who RS last year - rumour of new goalie transfer - no coaching change
4. Anderson -lose only 2 Sr/GR as they were such a young new team - 1 of whom was in team top 5 scoring - top D2 FOGO stays - top goalie stays - no coaching change
5. Stone - lose about 22 Sr/GR - 1 of which was in team top 5 scoring - key FOGO gone - top goalie stays - no coaching change
6. Tusculum - lose about 14 Sr/GR - 3 of whom was in team top 5 scoring - FOGO graduated - top goalie graduates - no coaching change but Tapper has recruiting to bring in some of his guys for his 2nd year
7. Catawba - lose about 6 Sr/GR - 2 of which were in team top 5 scoring - 1 of 2 FOGO stays - top goalie stays - full coaching change
8. LMU - lose 0 Sr/GR - FOGO stays - top goalie stays - no coaching change
9. Coker - lose about 8 Sr/GR - 1 of whom was in team top 5 scoring - FOGO stays - top goalie stays - no coaching change
10. Mars Hill - lose about 2 Sr/GR - 1 of which was in team top 5 scoring - top FOGO gone- top goalie stays - no coaching change
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

No way Stone is that low - they have a great set of returners, and they have one of the better recruiting classes in the country for D2 this year. The real question is whether LR or Wingate or both should be above them.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:38 pm No way Stone is that low - they have a great set of returners, and they have one of the better recruiting classes in the country for D2 this year. The real question is whether LR or Wingate or both should be above them.
I tend to agree. Very excited to see what McGarry looks like this year. He's going to compete with Reilly for Best D2 Middie.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Samlaxfan wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:11 am Way early but does anyone have any predictions for the SAC regular season with the players that we know are going to be available to each team.
1-Wingate
2-LR
3-Limestone
4-Newberry
5-Anderson
6-Tusculum
7-Mars Hill
8-Catawba
9-Coker
10-Lincoln Memorial

* Catawba could move up to 5 or 6, IMO, depending on who they hire as the next head coach
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Samlaxfan

Post by Samlaxfan »

Absolutely agree with the top 3. Wingate,LR and Stone. Does anyone have a list/link to the incoming recruiting classes. Also Danny Riley seems like a more complete player then McGerry IMO.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Samlaxfan wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:05 am Does anyone have a list/link to the incoming recruiting classes.
A number of D2 teams social media platforms (depends who you are following/rooting for) have posted signings of their incoming classes.

I personally haven't seen a specific site that is 100% reliable (let alone 75% accurate) on who is coming in.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Coaches preseason conference voting out:

2023 SAC Men's Lacrosse Preseason Poll

1. Lenoir-Rhyne (7) 79
2. Limestone (2) 72
3. Wingate (1) 68
4. Newberry 56