JoeMauer89 (1 Minute - 2 Day)

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
admin
Site Admin

JoeMauer89 (1 Minute - 2 Day)

Post by admin »

The penalty releases on Tuesday at 8:30 AM EST.
DMac

Re: JoeMauer89 (1 Minute - 2 Day)

Post by DMac »

Welcome to the pen, Joe. I left a fatty under the mattress for the next guy who comes in the last time I was there but I image russy probably burned that all up. Oh well, it's just a short stay you'll make it.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

“Image russy”

Lol. Took me 15 seconds to decode that and first guess was worse.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Geezuz, guess I left a few letters out there..thanks.
Imagine
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I disapproved your most recent post and I've doubled your penalty to 2 Minutes - 4 Days. Your penalty releases on Thursday at 8:30 AM EST. Stop with the Personal Attacks.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 am I disapproved your most recent post and I've doubled your penalty to 2 Minutes - 4 Days. Your penalty releases on Thursday at 8:30 AM EST. Stop with the Personal Attacks.
Noted, but please ensure that next time a poster posts a PM in a thread they get a stern warning from you, it's only fair.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:16 am
admin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 am I disapproved your most recent post and I've doubled your penalty to 2 Minutes - 4 Days. Your penalty releases on Thursday at 8:30 AM EST. Stop with the Personal Attacks.
Noted, but please ensure that next time a poster posts a PM in a thread they get a stern warning from you, it's only fair.
People who do that are cowards.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:16 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:16 am
People who do that are cowards.
+1 cowards is not a strong enough response IMO.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

He’s been chasing him around attacking him for weeks and then sends what presumably is an antagonistic PM. It’s almost as insane as the way RRR behaves. What are we talking about here. Either do it on the thread in open or do it face to face or otherwise that’s cowardly.

Kramerica talking about this is silly given I did the same to you and you laughed it off. That’s fine but to play tough guy here about it is playing a game of deceit.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:00 pm He’s been chasing him around attacking him for weeks and then sends what presumably is an antagonistic PM. It’s almost as insane as the way RRR behaves. What are we talking about here. Either do it on the thread in open or do it face to face or otherwise that’s cowardly.

Kramerica talking about this is silly given I did the same to you and you laughed it off. That’s fine but to play tough guy here about it is playing a game of deceit.
Farfromgeneva,

We squashed this the other day, you and I. I explained my reasoning and you gave me insight which I will take into account. I am going to be much more select in the occasions that I go off on some of his responses, but there will still be times I can't help myself, because for too long he has not gotten enough pushback. It's not me being a tough guy, its making him provide CLEAR reasoning for his responses that are just so ridiculous and my goal is to get the conversation started, have enough people demonstrate that my opinion is very well-shared, and that he is the OUTLIER. It's worked now on a few occasions and he is left with nothing to do but whine and tell others that we should get the discussion of that particular thread back on track. That's all I am trying to do, expose him for who he really is!

Joe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

JoeMauer, more personal attacks... 4 Minute (8 Day) Penalty. Double your last penalty for the same infraction, personal attacks. Your penalty releases on Tuesday, March 16 at 6:00 PM EST.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

#FreeJoeMauer89
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:54 pm #FreeJoeMauer89
Amen brotha, just look at the brouhaha breaking out in the "Conservative Ideology" thread, the person inciting it (We all know who ADMIN included, should be put in the Penalty Box just once!) He seems to skirt away EVERY time. He actually needs the break too, he's losing his damn mind!

Joe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I know who you think should get a penalty. The issue is for what?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

admin wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:38 am I know who you think should get a penalty. The issue is for what?
All you have to do is look at some of his responses, he makes personal attacks as well. Even if they are not as direct as when others do it. He's in a shouting match with Cradleandshoot in the Political Ideology thread. Just want some consistency is all. Would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here's an example of his latest post in which he is CLEARLY talking down and belittling Youthathletics...

youth, I just don't get this sort of trolling. Is that your intent, to simply troll?

Joe has been quite clearly holding the line on various policy matters (at least so far), much to the chagrin of the far left, while at the same time moving the ball progressively quite successfully (thanks to the House and Senate).

Far from a "puppet".

I think the strategy of Biden and his team is (and should be) to demonstrate successful, competent governance on the key priorities they face. Those will be progressive policy answers, yes, but the key to their success is going to be measured by their actual impact. If they fall flat, they'll lose political capital...if they succeed they'll gain capital. Their philosophy is that government, and government spending, can work effectively to change lives to the better. So, they're acting on that. Time will tell.

It's hard not to contrast that with the Trump Admin's philosophy of governance...unfortunately that clearly was a corrupt, cynical, incompetent approach that saw government as inherently illegitimate, so why not grab what you can while you can, personally. From the top, but populated throughout the Admin.

I think the 'left' will chafe at Biden (and his Admin's) more measured approach, but they shouldn't, because it's more likely to actually be

Joe
Last edited by JoeMauer89 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

hmmm, pretty sure youth can more than hold his own in a discussion. He does so quite effectively IMO, usually with a minimum of hyperbole...we sometimes agree, we sometimes disagree.

Here's what he had just written, to which I responded, regarding Joe Biden (not Joe Mauer):

It's a damned shame Joe is being used as a political puppet by the left. But I suppose so long as it's not Trump, anything else goes. This will backfire at some point....already unraveling on our southern border.

youth was responding to a discussion of Biden's mental acuity as demonstrated in a clip when he was fumbling for the name of his SecDef, others responding with clips of Trump fumbling for various names, or simply using the wrong names. Back and forth.

Youth added in his two cents above, to which I responded by asking whether this was merely trolling, the use of the words "a damned shame that Joe is being used as a political puppet by the left"...I then shared my view.

That's what makes a discussion...of course, my even saying that might be taken as condescending by you Joe, though it's not intended that way, but apparently you think that if two or three people are discussing a topic they need to be in agreement else the poster with whom you disagree is, what..."talking down and belittling" the other person.

Our fellow poster cradle often blows hot, gets himself all worked up and cranky, but he generally calms down within a handful of posts. (Sometimes more! :) ) Because cradle has a pretty predictable pattern of calming down, it's relatively easy to deal with his outbursts as something that will pass soon enough. I don't back down on the topic at hand just because he's worked up, but I don't typically get into a shouting match...if I did, I'd use all caps to denote yelling, as that's the common inference of all caps. Which you did in your post complaining about me immediately above. I also typically don't resort to profanity, though I had a pretty foul mouth as a player back in the day. But hey, I'm not perfect and my posts can get testy too. I don't mind it if someone tells me I should chill. They're probably right.

But if they do so flaming at me, I'm not going to back down.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:53 pm hmmm, pretty sure youth can more than hold his own in a discussion. He does so quite effectively IMO, usually with a minimum of hyperbole...we sometimes agree, we sometimes disagree.

Here's what he had just written, to which I responded, regarding Joe Biden (not Joe Mauer):

It's a damned shame Joe is being used as a political puppet by the left. But I suppose so long as it's not Trump, anything else goes. This will backfire at some point....already unraveling on our southern border.

youth was responding to a discussion of Biden's mental acuity as demonstrated in a clip when he was fumbling for the name of his SecDef, others responding with clips of Trump fumbling for various names, or simply using the wrong names. Back and forth.

Youth added in his two cents above, to which I responded by asking whether this was merely trolling, the use of the words "puppet by the left"...I then shared my view.

That's what makes a discussion...of course, my even saying that might be taken as condescending by you Joe, though it's not intended that way, but apparently you think that if two or three people are discussing a topic they need to be in agreement else the poster with whom you disagree is what..."talking down and belittling" the other person.

Our fellow poster cradle often blows hot, gets himself all worked up and cranky, but he generally calms down within a handful of posts. Sometimes more! :) I don't back down just because he's worked up, but I don't typically get into a shouting match...if I did, I'd use all caps to denote yelling, as that's the common inference of all caps. Which you did in your post complaining about me immediately above. I also typically don't resort to profanity, though I had a pretty foul mouth as a player back in the day. But hey, I'm not perfect and my posts can get testy too. I don't mind it if someone tells me I should chill. They're probably right.

But if they do so flaming at me, I'm not going to back down.
MD,

I am more than capable of having a discussion with you, I just don't take kindly when somebody responds with a post that clearly states their OPINION as an incontrovertible fact and is pedantic in nature. All you have to do is go check the Ivy League 2021 thread and see how many are responding to your post about Dartmouth potentially playing in some form of competition and then going on of your pedantic rants about preventing outbreaks, community transmission, spread, etc. It doesn't matter if they have chosen to respond by joking, they are illustrating that your stance is a load of bullcrap and showing you just how much tolerance they have for the way you express your PERSONAL opinions as stone-cold facts and then get pedantic in the way you express yourself. Today's post in Ivy League 2021 should be an eye-opener that your stance is one of a minority. Accept that, stop trying to change other's minds, its not going to work. Especially in the manner in which you attempt to do so. Call it whatever you want, but I call it being blinded by your own ego and elitist nature. That's just me, I tell LIKE IT IS...

Joe
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

#FreeJoeMauer89

God bless him. He wouldn't hide under the bed in a nuclear apocalypse, never mind a pandemic. Let the man speak!
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

JBFortunato wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 am #FreeJoeMauer89

God bless him. He wouldn't hide under the bed in a nuclear apocalypse, never mind a pandemic. Let the man speak!
Amen brotha!! Appreciate it!

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JBFortunato wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 am #FreeJoeMauer89

:D
He'll be back soon!
And welcome.

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”