Transfer Portal 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxter

Re: Transfer Portal 2022

Post by Laxter »

molo wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:55 pm This UVA alum doesn’t know why.
Me neither, and I really don’t think there’s a need to overthink it. He felt he had a clearer path to a starting job at Cuse. Good for him. I look forward to seeing what Nunes brings to the table.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Laxter wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:10 pm
Me neither, and I really don’t think there’s a need to overthink it. He felt he had a clearer path to a starting job at Cuse. Good for him. I look forward to seeing what Nunes brings to the table.
Potentially, it only becomes an issue if Nunes gets hurt. Otherwise, I am completely comfortable with Nunes starting, especially with who will be starting in front of him. The rest of the D is pretty veteran and talented.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

blue angels wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:20 am
Potentially, it only becomes an issue if Nunes gets hurt. Otherwise, I am completely comfortable with Nunes starting, especially with who will be starting in front of him. The rest of the D is pretty veteran and talented.
To be determined. But is counter to the play style Lars has implemented these past years. A stout D may not be all that matters in a frenetic paced game, which UVA has thrived. It may force his hand at being more methodical on the offensive side, in order to avoid odd man transition. All in all, it may very well help them become more balanced and as the season goes on the tender confidence should rise.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

backerzone wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:19 pm
bananas wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:01 pm Transferring is a highly personal but either Rode is returning or clear that Nunes is starter . Only one goalie can play at one time but seen use of two on occasion and changes do happen at times .Every position has numbers and percentages are relative 3 goalies for 1 spot , 12 attackman for 3 spots.
Gavin looked to be a good goalie but he's still going to have to compete with another good goalie at most high profile d1's . UVA is a really good college to attend even if he is a backup right now so he can be selective if uva door is left open. Tiffany at sit-downs must encourage some to explore without holding it agaisnt because a few good uva players have entered portal only to return and then play despite talented roster. Wonder if that is true.
Now that the transfer portal is "normalized" so to speak with no real stigma- I wonder how many coaches (if any) do encourage players to move on. Goalies and fogos will be like QB's in football I suspect - if not the starter looking for somewhere to get on the field. I'm surprised so few players drop down to d2 and d3 though. In hoops and football that is more common or so it seems.
It's always been like this for "non-revenue" sports (except hockey, I think). Players have always been able to transfer with no sit-out penalty. Perhaps now the official portal has made it easier for transfers to find homes because coaches know who's on the market. Previously, players would have to reach out to other programs unless a coach helped find players spots. The real difference is that we as fans now know about this previously hidden recruiting market, and we know weeks/months in advance.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:59 am
blue angels wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:20 am
To be determined. But is counter to the play style Lars has implemented these past years. A stout D may not be all that matters in a frenetic paced game, which UVA has thrived. It may force his hand at being more methodical on the offensive side, in order to avoid odd man transition. All in all, it may very well help them become more balanced and as the season goes on the tender confidence should rise.
Agree that I guess we won't know till we know. It was just a scrimmage, but Nunes didn't look that overmatched against Team USA in the Fall. If there is only one area in which Nunes is stronger than Rode, it's clearing. I think there will be more transition offense with this goalie, not less........
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Carter Brand transferred from Denver to Limestone

https://golimestonesaints.com/sports/me ... rand/15396
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

This thread has been dormant for a while. Any rumblings from anywhere? I heard of Long Island player looking to leave a Big 10 program, but don't have firsthand knowledge to share.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hopefully that’s a Hofstra pickup, or really, with Stony Brook
coming over to the CAA, I could live with SBU as the landing spot.

Also, these big time goalies are in fact (presumably) in the
portal with no landing spots yet,

Goalie

Name Current Year Position Previous School New School

Daniel Hincks* Senior Goalie Dartmouth

Brett Dobson* Senior Goalie St. Bonaventure
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

have heard Dobson headed to ACC school
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

Laxbuck wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:29 am have heard Dobson headed to ACC school
Process of elimination means either Duke or Syracuse. I’m guessing Duke.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”