Lacrosse on TV

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Lacrosse on TV

Post by wgdsr »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:46 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 pm Still, no lax on "cable" until after NCAA Bball.
you can also get any number of free services -- you tube, vidgo, others for a month or 2 until espn/espnu works basketball off.
I've looked at that. but I'd have to replace my current Comcast dvr with a newer one & I'd lose all the non-transfereable programming I've saved in that box.

My home wiring, hd access & location has me lashed to Comcast. I've looked at cord cutting, but it's not worth blowing up my whole IT setup, just to get better quality recordings on Navy games (which aren't as compelling viewing as they used to be), but there's hope they may become worth reviewing & breaking down recordings again. ;)

ESPN+ will be an adequate replacement for PLN if all the PL schools use it. $5.99/mo is good value for viewing all PL lax.
you don't need to cord cut.
- get a chromecast/firestick ($~35)
- get an espn+ subscription/app
- get vidgo 2 months free as an app for accn
- get a pln app?
- games are archived for espn3, espn+. probably pln?
cast all of the above off your phone.

you could also subscribe to acc network extra, but as of now youtube has many games of all stripes archived (sd). free, app.

you won't be able to put your dvr game break down skills to work as easy with streaming(but you can stop/start), but it's better than not having. and you don't have to ditch anything. i have xfinity and am blocked for accn until they figure it out. we get b1g softball, though.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:36 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 pm Still, no lax on "cable" until after NCAA Bball.
you can also get any number of free services -- you tube, vidgo, others for a month or 2 until espn/espnu works basketball off.
I've looked at that. but I'd have to replace my current Comcast dvr with a newer one & I'd lose all the non-transfereable programming I've saved in that box.

My home wiring, hd access & location has me lashed to Comcast. I've looked at cord cutting, but it's not worth blowing up my whole IT setup, just to get better quality recordings on Navy games (which aren't as compelling viewing as they used to be), but there's hope they may become worth reviewing & breaking down recordings again. ;)

ESPN+ will be an adequate replacement for PLN if all the PL schools use it. $5.99/mo is good value for viewing all PL lax.
- get a pln app?

you could also subscribe to acc network extra, but as of now youtube has many games of all stripes archived (sd). free, app.

you won't be able to put your dvr game break down skills to work as easy with streaming(but you can stop/start), but it's better than not having. and you don't have to ditch anything. i have xfinity and am blocked for accn until they figure it out. we get b1g softball, though.
If you know anyone with Dish, they can share or create a user account and you can access the ACCN free with "Watch Online" and HDMI to you television.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:47 pm

- get a pln app?

If you know anyone with Dish, they can share or create a user account and you can access the ACCN free with "Watch Online" and HDMI to you television.
thanks. neighbor has hulu and use that when needed. as it is, vidgo has worked fine thus far.
old salt

Post by old salt »

- get a pln app?

Thanks. My issue isn't watching games real time. It's recording my team's 12-14 games/yr & retaining them for future viewing, comparison & research. I've yet to find a better way than my current set up. I also like my aftermarket dvr for other reasons. It's drawback -- no aftermarket dvr's have hdmi input. 3 wire component plug inputs only, so limited to SD for recording.

I'm happy watching live games in HD on my chrome book's screen (up close) or on my big screen via simple hdmi cable.

PLN no longer exists. ESPN+ looks like an adequate or better replacement.
I can find no lax games in ESPN+'s replay archive before 2021.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:59 pm PLN no longer exists. ESPN+ looks like an adequate or better replacement.
Watch ESPN (ESPN+) only keeps games up for 30 days after original airing.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I cut cable completely.

So liberating not being held by your cable provider.

Stream everything, through standard large
screen VGA.
HDMI is available free through any of the services
I suscribe to.
$60 for 600 mbps internet with a direct connect ethernet.
$15 for the modem.

Youtube TV is $50, includes ACCN, but not extra,
BTN, but not BTN plus.

I was also able to ditch the $20 local television
charge and any cable stream add on charges.

Youtube doesn’t have unlimited archive, so I have
only so many games in the re-watch queue.
But, there are some good screen capture
tools out there that let you record.

Sling TV is probably the next move, in order to
ditch Youtube TV,
but I’m still researching their BTN ACC et al
lacrosse offerings, Sling TV is supposed to give you
station a la carte service, but again, need to
research that.

All the rest are simply stream tabs right on your PC.
Whatever you want, ESPN+ or CBS on line, ACC Extra,
for pay streaming services.

Firefox generally works best for streaming
content, I found.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Thank you, stones. I need to research how to download Youtube video to a mac hard drive.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

MrLax2U wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:07 am Thank you, stones. I need to research how to download Youtube video to a mac hard drive.
VLC Media Player

I use it to download to a PC but I believe it has a Mac version (It's been around a while so it should).
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:06 pm Youtube TV is $50, includes ACCN, but not extra,
BTN, but not BTN plus.

Is this still possible? I'm stuck paying $69. How do I ditch the $20 local television?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

DU-fan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:56 am
10stone5 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:06 pm Youtube TV is $50, includes ACCN, but not extra,
BTN, but not BTN plus.

Is this still possible? I'm stuck paying $69. How do I ditch the $20 local television?
We’re xFinity.
If you’re not relying on cable at all, I have the local
stations as part of Youtube TV, then its a seperate line
on your bill, local tv fee, I had to call xFinity twice
to request them to remove that fee, since I’m not
using the local tv stations from the xFinity / Comcast
cable.
Unknown Participant

jhu08 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:04 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:59 pm PLN no longer exists. ESPN+ looks like an adequate or better replacement.
Yeah but there are a couple of YouTube channels with SE Asian sounding names, e.g., ha thị thanh, that appear to grab many college lax games aired on ESPN/ACCN, including this weekend's Army Cuse game.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:10 pm
Yeah but there are a couple of YouTube channels with SE Asian sounding names, e.g., ha thị thanh, that appear to grab many college lax games aired on ESPN/ACCN, including this weekend's Army Cuse game.
His (their?) stuff is always popping up on my Youtube feed. But those videos don't stay up forever either. Whether it's eventual copyright strikes or him/them eventually pulling them down to be safe, I don't know.

Salt and I are worried about preservation/long term ability to review, not the ability to view ~6 months down the line. Which is why I was specifically saying "get it while you can" with respect to ESPN+.
Unknown Participant

jhu08 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:26 pm
His (their?) stuff is always popping up on my Youtube feed. But those videos don't stay up forever either. Whether it's eventual copyright strikes or him/them eventually pulling them down to be safe, I don't know.

Salt and I are worried about preservation/long term ability to review, not the ability to view ~6 months down the line. Which is why I was specifically saying "get it while you can" with respect to ESPN+.
See my earlier post. I have about 30 games on my computer that aired between 2019 and today that I saved with VLC.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:37 pm

See my earlier post. I have about 30 games on my computer that aired between 2019 and today that I saved with VLC.
Are the VLC games you saved in HD ? Do you save them on your computer's hard drive or on an external device ?
Unknown Participant

old salt wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Are the VLC games you saved in HD ? Do you save them on your computer's hard drive or on an external device ?
It saves in the same format it airs, I think mine are all HD (or maybe slightly less than H due to being copied twice, but not the old reg.def.). You can save to the machine or a file. About 10-12 I've uploaded to Hudl for coaching.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:04 pm

It saves in the same format it airs, I think mine are all HD (or maybe slightly less than H due to being copied twice, but not the old reg.def.). You can save to the machine or a file. About 10-12 I've uploaded to Hudl for coaching.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

I consider it a success if I can just get my TV to turn on!!
Unknown Participant

old salt wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:04 pm

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Yeah, it's a good piece of gear. I'm not particularly tech savvy, so after I downloaded it, I watched a few YouTube vids as to how to use it as it is not intuitive at all and there are no instructions that come with it.
ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

Lacrosse on TV or legitimate streams become less viable when people use these illegal streams...
Unknown Participant

ckstevenson wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:18 am
Lacrosse on TV or legitimate streams become less viable when people use these illegal streams...
oh shut up

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”