UMO 2021

D2 Mens Lacrosse
jakester

UMO 2021

Post by jakester »

https://umotrojans.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule

Anyone at the recent scrimmage game against High Point?
Lacrossehead17

Re: UMO 2021

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

UMO beating coker 10-8. The score was misleading in my opinion UMO's defense forced 18 caused Turnovers. I don't believe Jacob Williams their all-American played today. Avarello had a day with a save percentage of .636%. They play Catawba on Tuesday which should be a win.
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

Not sure why you think the score was misleading....Coker was up the entire first half. UMO took the lead in the 3rd quarter and was up 2 before Coker got it to within 1 with 5 minutes to go. UMO scored a late empty net goal with 30 seconds remaining. The score was close because Coker played well, and UMO struggled against the Coker zone D. Coker could surprise some teams this year.

UMO has a great defensive system, and a fantastic goalie. Offensively they need some work, but its early in the season and they have a great coaching staff to help get them ready.
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

pridelax13 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:44 pm Not sure why you think the score was misleading....Coker was up the entire first half. UMO took the lead in the 3rd quarter and was up 2 before Coker got it to within 1 with 5 minutes to go. UMO scored a late empty net goal with 30 seconds remaining. The score was close because Coker played well, and UMO struggled against the Coker zone D. Coker could surprise some teams this year.

UMO has a great defensive system, and a fantastic goalie. Offensively they need some work, but its early in the season and they have a great coaching staff to help get them ready.
I just thought it was misleading because UMO had great defense and its only the first game of the season and It seemed like some of their usually starters weren't in that is why.
jakester

Post by jakester »

UMO 12 vs Catawba 3 final. UMO again without AA defenceman Jacob Williams. UMO did well and X winning over 68%.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

jakester wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:46 pm UMO 12 vs Catawba 3 final. UMO again without AA defenceman Jacob Williams. UMO did well and X winning over 68%.
Looks like UMO had control of this game from the start. In my opinion Catawba shouldn’t be ranked as high as 16. The Belmont Abbey win was huge for them but I don’t believe after watching the game they have the guys to say they’re that high.. I expect the Rankings to be all skewed and messed up now after this weekend.
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

StuckinD2 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:05 pm
jakester wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:46 pm UMO 12 vs Catawba 3 final. UMO again without AA defenceman Jacob Williams. UMO did well and X winning over 68%.
Looks like UMO had control of this game from the start. In my opinion Catawba shouldn’t be ranked as high as 16. The Belmont Abbey win was huge for them but I don’t believe after watching the game they have the guys to say they’re that high.. I expect the Rankings to be all skewed and messed up now after this weekend.
Lets see if jacob williams plays Saturday and I agree I think people after that Belmont Abbey put Catawba at 16 was high.
UMO plays Queens this weekend and I expect it to be low scoring and tight throughout.
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

What a bummer the game between BAC and UMO has been postponed. I believe it is due to field conditions at BAC field.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Lacrossehead17 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:36 am What a bummer the game between BAC and UMO has been postponed. I believe it is due to field conditions at BAC field.
Unfortunately this does happen from time to time on this particular field. Natural grass and early spring weather don't always work together well, and this field can take a beating.

And putting in artificial turf field is a good fraction of a million $ typically, so not all schools can afford to do so...
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 am
Lacrossehead17 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:36 am What a bummer the game between BAC and UMO has been postponed. I believe it is due to field conditions at BAC field.
Unfortunately this does happen from time to time on this particular field. Natural grass and early spring weather don't always work together well, and this field can take a beating.

And putting in artificial turf field is a good fraction of a million $ typically, so not all schools can afford to do so...
Does BAC soccer also play at that field. could be contributing to the wear and tear.
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

Laxwarrior wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:59 pm

Does BAC soccer also play at that field. could be contributing to the wear and tear.
I believe they share that field for games.
jakester

Post by jakester »

Lacrossehead17 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:44 pm

The women's soccer team has a game still scheduled for March 26 at home vs Chowan. Do they not use the same field as the men? Strange why the game is postponed, but the women's games are still going ahead (if on the same field of course)
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jakester wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:12 am
Lacrossehead17 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:44 pm

The women's soccer team has a game still scheduled for March 26 at home vs Chowan. Do they not use the same field as the men? Strange why the game is postponed, but the women's games are still going ahead (if on the same field of course)
There was a fair amount of rain just before that scheduled lax game, but it has been fairly dry since in the area so they may very well be able to pull of the soccer game...

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”