TD Ierlan's Next Program Predictions?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

TD Ierlan's Next Program Predictions?

Post by gymman1031 »

nm
Henpecked

Re: TD Ierlan's Next Program Predictions?

Post by Henpecked »

Denver...no doubt.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

According to the NCAA or otherwise, is there a deadline for him to decide?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:15 pm According to the NCAA or otherwise, is there a deadline for him to decide?
I would assume he is waiting on a decision from the Ivy League first? Seems like playing some sort of season with Yale is option 1. And for option 2 (playing at another college) - wouldn’t he need the Ivies to cancel their season so he can get the NCAA to pass his waiver? You can’t transfer to two places without a waiver. But I’d assume a COVID season cancellation would meet their requirements for that waiver he needs.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Duke.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Cannons LC.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

this one or the next one?

jastrzembski saying bunch of coaches think denver, but would ierlan tell them that?

imma say 'cuse if their guys have word yet or close on playing. upstate boy, had to have dreams of playing there. new dome upgrades. full schedule. lotta acc to compete against. almost all home games. rents (and maybe even his brother?) can watch him play.
molo

Post by molo »

Cuse seems like a logical choice but scuttlebutt says Denver.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

So, he's passing up a Yale degree...to face off a few more times in college...really?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:18 pm this one or the next one?

jastrzembski saying bunch of coaches think denver, but would ierlan tell them that?

imma say 'cuse if their guys have word yet or close on playing. upstate boy, had to have dreams of playing there. new dome upgrades. full schedule. lotta acc to compete against. almost all home games. rents (and maybe even his brother?) can watch him play.
Word on the street is that Cuse isn't much of an option as the Ierlan family is not pleased with Desko and co. for overlooking TD during the recruiting process. Homegrown FOGO right in your backyard, dreams of playing at Syracuse....why isn't he already on Syracuse? (ended up with Varello in that class). They recruited his high school teammate Trimboli so not like they weren't aware of the kid. Once they spurn you it can be hard to get over—especially now that he theoretically has every D1 coach in the county blowing up his phone there's no need to go back to that well. I don't think he ends up at Syracuse.

To me sounds a lot like Denver or stays at Yale.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:28 pm So, he's passing up a Yale degree...to face off a few more times in college...really?
evidently, a yale degree is still in play.
either he's qualified already or can go back, or so he believes is the case.

it's covid, anything goes. in 5 or 10 years or less hoops and gridiron guys will be making real bank, why pretend anymore?
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:28 pm So, he's passing up a Yale degree...to face off a few more times in college...really?
evidently, a yale degree is still in play.
either he's qualified already or can go back, or so he believes is the case.

it's covid, anything goes. in 5 or 10 years or less hoops and gridiron guys will be making real bank, why pretend anymore?

News stories said he'd graduate from Yale. His statement implied he'd try to play this season. Something seems like it must be afoot based on the IL article. Or, perhaps he's only looking to play as a grad student and IL hyped the story to get a bit of attention.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:48 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:18 pm this one or the next one?

Word on the street is that Cuse isn't much of an option as the Ierlan family is not pleased with Desko and co. for overlooking TD during the recruiting process. Homegrown FOGO right in your backyard, dreams of playing at Syracuse....why isn't he already on Syracuse? (ended up with Varello in that class). They recruited his high school teammate Trimboli so not like they weren't aware of the kid. Once they spurn you it can be hard to get over—especially now that he theoretically has every D1 coach in the county blowing up his phone there's no need to go back to that well. I don't think he ends up at Syracuse.

To me sounds a lot like Denver or stays at Yale.
interesting. can't say i blame him/them. fogo you take one guy per year. like goalies. he was a small guy. still is. i'm not saying someone doesn't know, but all we have now is prolly not duke and denver's intriguing bc of ex teammates and whatever other reasons might fit.

might be wide open for whatever schools can get it done.
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

My guess is that he has completed his credits for a Yale degree already, and the second semester was just going to be gravy - take a class or two as a part time student so as to continue to be eligible to compete in the spring (or whatever Yale’s rules are for achieving that). Duke doesn’t make sense because at this late stage its admin probably won’t let him into a grad program. Denver’s requirements are most likely a lot less rigid, especially if Tierney pushes the admin there hard (like he does to the refs every Saturday).
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Comeonman wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:03 pm My guess is that he has completed his credits for a Yale degree already, and the second semester was just going to be gravy - take a class or two as a part time student so as to continue to be eligible to compete in the spring (or whatever Yale’s rules are for achieving that). Duke doesn’t make sense because at this late stage its admin probably won’t let him into a grad program. Denver’s requirements are most likely a lot less rigid, especially if Tierney pushes the admin there hard (like he does to the refs every Saturday).
if you haven't graduated, you can't get into a grad program. anywhere.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Comeonman wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:03 pm My guess is that he has completed his credits for a Yale degree already, and the second semester was just going to be gravy - take a class or two as a part time student so as to continue to be eligible to compete in the spring (or whatever Yale’s rules are for achieving that). Duke doesn’t make sense because at this late stage its admin probably won’t let him into a grad program. Denver’s requirements are most likely a lot less rigid, especially if Tierney pushes the admin there hard (like he does to the refs every Saturday).
He was on track to graduate last Spring. If he was planning ahead he could basically be done with degree requirements. I can’t imagine him not graduating from Yale having been so close last Spring.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

I understand circumstances are different right now but how many times should you be allowed to transfer and play immediately ? It's happening in hockey too. The sit out a year rule was there for a reason. Tough being a player already on the team and at the school these guys are transferring to
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

flyerfan17 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:35 pm I understand circumstances are different right now but how many times should you be allowed to transfer and play immediately ? It's happening in hockey too. The sit out a year rule was there for a reason. Tough being a player already on the team and at the school these guys are transferring to
What is the lacrosse sit out a year rule?
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

keno in reno wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:08 pm
flyerfan17 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:35 pm I understand circumstances are different right now but how many times should you be allowed to transfer and play immediately ? It's happening in hockey too. The sit out a year rule was there for a reason. Tough being a player already on the team and at the school these guys are transferring to
There is no sit our rule for sports outside basketball and football. Its immediate eligibility at the NCAA level. However, some conferences do have restrictions on transferring within the conference unless you are a grad transfer - ACC and Big Ten do for sure.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

Tdemling6 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:15 am
keno in reno wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:08 pm
There is no sit our rule for sports outside basketball and football. Its immediate eligibility at the NCAA level. However, some conferences do have restrictions on transferring within the conference unless you are a grad transfer - ACC and Big Ten do for sure.
Yes there is a sit out rule if it is a student athlete’s second transfer, which it would be for TD. He went from Albany to Yale (and didn’t have to sit out as you mentioned). But 2nd transfer requires a sit out.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”