Re: Big East 2021

Post by 10stone5 »

The saddest part is how I’ll have to hear Quint
Kessinich talking about how Georgetown hasn’t
played or beaten anyone in three years 👎
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

random observer wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:11 pm Another simple mental mistake by Georgetown. Freshman picks up the ball on a runout a foot from the endline with two defenders on his back instead of just letting the shot trickle out of bounds. These things add up.
Yep. Hoyas not looking sharp. They are showing their youth.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Pios close the door, 13-7, 2 mins left.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I blame Inside Lacrosse,

once again an IL hype cover article causes a
team to lay an egg :)
gunnerz

Post by gunnerz »

Denver wins by six and remains unbeaten in the Big East.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Good game. I appreciate the help from Inside Lacrosse magazine!
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

DU-fan wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:35 pm Good game. I appreciate the help from Inside Lacrosse magazine!
It appears that Denver is the "Hoya Destroya'" (for now :) )
Denver14

Post by Denver14 »

What a series this should be, assuming there will be three games between DU and the Hoyas. Round one to Denver.
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

Nova at Georgetown.

Incredible game. Hoyas broke the tie to win 8-7.

With about six minutes left, Nova scored on man-up, tying it at 7.

Nova had possession with 1:30 left in regulation at 7-7. Hoya goalie made the save, Nova got the rebound, took shot and hit pipe. Gtown cleared and scored the game winner with 1:16 left in regulation.

Hats off to the Cats. Corey McManus, Patrick Daley and Colin Crowley (offense) and Zach Kryza and Matt Webster (defense) were all out with covid. Solid performance.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

NYSection1 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:00 pm Nova at Georgetown.

Nova had possession with 1:30 left in regulation at 7-7. Hoya goalie made the save, Nova got the rebound, took shot and hit pipe. Gtown cleared and scored the game winner with 1:16 left in regulation.

Hats off to the Cats. Corey McManus, Patrick Daley and Colin Crowley (offense) and Zach Kryza and Matt Webster (defense) were all out with covid. Solid performance.
I agree the Villanova - Georgetown was great. What a turnaround from the the first game! I know both teams had players out, but this shows more of the parity in the Big East.

Next week should be entertaining.
  • Marquette @ Denver - Can Marquette build on their win against Cleveland State to pull the upset? They only lost by 1 in their first game. Or will Denver turn up the volume and control the game at home?
  • Providence @ Villanova - Does Villanova build on their strong game against Georgetown or does Providence even the series? Villanova beat Providence by 2 away last time.
  • Georgetown @ St. Johns - Does Georgetown go back to their dominating style or does St. Johns catch them over confident?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DU-fan wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:43 pm
NYSection1 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:00 pm Nova at Georgetown.

I agree the Villanova - Georgetown was great. What a turnaround from the the first game! I know both teams had players out, but this shows more of the parity in the Big East.

Next week should be entertaining.
  • Marquette @ Denver - Can Marquette build on their win against Cleveland State to pull the upset? They only lost by 1 in their first game. Or will Denver turn up the volume and control the game at home?
  • Providence @ Villanova - Does Villanova build on their strong game against Georgetown or does Providence even the series? Villanova beat Providence by 2 away last time.
  • Georgetown @ St. Johns - Does Georgetown go back to their dominating style or does St. Johns catch them over confident?
St Johns ain’t Nova, no one even close to Campbell or Khan On the St Johns roster
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
CC10

Post by CC10 »

Any word out there about the make up games that were postponed due to Covid issue, Marq/St Johns (2 games) , and Nova/Denver. The games are important for BE tourney ranking and could really help out Nova if they beat Denver this week and/if when the make up the postponed game @ Nova.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

CC10 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:17 pm Any word out there about the make up games that were postponed due to Covid issue, Marq/St Johns (2 games) , and Nova/Denver. The games are important for BE tourney ranking and could really help out Nova if they beat Denver this week and/if when the make up the postponed game @ Nova.
I think the weekend of May 1 is supposed to be reserved for BE make up games, but Nova already has a game with Lehigh so I assume Denver and Villanova will not have a make up.

Anyone hear if fans will be allowed at the Big East tournament? I see Providence is letting students at the game. Hopefully, they open a little more in a month. First BE game is only 1 month away.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

DU-fan wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 pm
CC10 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:17 pm Any word out there about the make up games that were postponed due to Covid issue, Marq/St Johns (2 games) , and Nova/Denver. The games are important for BE tourney ranking and could really help out Nova if they beat Denver this week and/if when the make up the postponed game @ Nova.
I think the weekend of May 1 is supposed to be reserved for BE make up games, but Nova already has a game with Lehigh so I assume Denver and Villanova will not have a make up.

Anyone hear if fans will be allowed at the Big East tournament? I see Providence is letting students at the game. Hopefully, they open a little more in a month. First BE game is only 1 month away.
I would be surprised if they didn’t play Denver vs Villanova that week instead of Lehigh vs Villanova. I’m p sure those games were scheduled in the event there weren’t any makeup games required for the schools and they had a free week to play a game. If Villanova needs that week to make up a game, they’ll do it.
socalref

Post by socalref »

Posted yesterday:

QUEENS, N.Y. (April 7, 2021) – The St. John's men's lacrosse team will make up a pair of games against Marquette that were postponed last month.

The first meeting is now scheduled for Wednesday, April 14, at 1 pm in Milwaukee. The next match-up will take place on Saturday, May 1, at DaSilva Memorial Field in Queens. The time for this game is still yet to be determined. The home game against the Golden Eagles will be the final game of the regular season for the Red Storm.

----

Will be curious to see how many St John's players are dressed against Providence this coming Saturday. They had almost as many on standing around in tracksuits as they did ready as subs vs Georgetown.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Does anyone know if fans will be allowed at the Big East tournament on May 6th and 8th?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Big win for Marquette in 4OT over Providence. Can the Golden Eagles make the Big East Tournament if they beat Villanova and St. John's?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GTown really needs this game w Loyola getting slapped around by Navy today
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:54 pm
DU-fan wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 pm

I would be surprised if they didn’t play Denver vs Villanova that week instead of Lehigh vs Villanova. I’m p sure those games were scheduled in the event there weren’t any makeup games required for the schools and they had a free week to play a game. If Villanova needs that week to make up a game, they’ll do it.
Puck Swami heard that the make game might be on 4/28.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

If Georgetown and Denver win out, anyone know how the 1st and 2nd seeds are determined?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”