The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by youthathletics »

Nancy allowing us a look behind the curtain of how she ruled with an iron fist. Just like a good democrat....you disagree with her, you get attacked and name called.... kind of like around here: ;) https://x.com/CortesSteve/status/1785070721724473492
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:05 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 pm
I misunderstand your 'saying mean things", thought you were referring to those things that came from Trump. i.e. whenver he opens his mouth.

You remember 'deplorables'? Bet HRC wish she never said, had she not, we may have never seen Trump. So, yea....that theory of yours goes down the drain. ;)
Not anywhere CLOSE to the same thing.

In that example? Hillary was ripping on voters, like the moron that she is.

In yours? You're claiming the vote is "because Dems said mean stuff about Trump, driving them to vote for him".

Come on, man...... ;)
I'll give you a pass. :lol:
All we can hope for is that at least one of all those charges takes him out, something better stick and determine the outcome....otherwise, it has the potential of making it appear the govt tried to take out a civilian, ex-POTUS, and POTUS candidate. Not to mention the ripple effects globally.
Sorry, it's extremely unlikely that the current trial will result in a unanimous guilty verdict and the other trials are extremely unlikely to occur before the election.

We're going to have to vote against this POS, holding our noses if we have to, but that's what is going to need to happen. I DO think he'll eventually be tried and found guilty of some of these charges, but that'll be post electio. But if he wins, Carville is very likely correct.
Carville is right...except he put in the typical political hyperbole.

-Trump will back courts with more nutjob Judges.....catering the far right Christians..... up and down the Federal Courts. And these folks take rights away, no joke.

THAT is the factual, non-exaggerated explanation of what Trump will do. The rest? Bloviating on fear. Just like the R's do.
They are also going to do away with civil service protections for vast swaths of government workers, turning all or nearly all jobs into political appointments and subject to whatever 'loyalty' test they deem appropriate. That, too, is promised specifically, in writing...they have a clear plan...that's factual, non-exaggerated.

Likewise they have promised to close/eliminate or radically reduce EPA, Dept of Ed, etc...

They have also promised 'retribution' against all they perceive as 'enemies', whether government employees, journalists and publications they deem 'enemy of the state', political opponents, etc and they have claimed that the IRS, DOJ, and other instruments of power are being used against them, thus turnabout is fair play. Corporations and executives are fair game as well, colleges and universities, literally anyone is fair game, so toe the line or retribution is coming.

And they have claimed complete immunity for a President for any action he may take, with unbound pardon power to protect those following his otherwise illegal or criminal orders. No joke.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:44 pm Nancy allowing us a look behind the curtain of how she ruled with an iron fist. Just like a good democrat....you disagree with her, you get attacked and name called.... kind of like around here: ;) https://x.com/CortesSteve/status/1785070721724473492
LOL :roll:

Pelosi does go too far in saying "apologist for Trump", as Tur is not, but she's accurate in her statement, though without full and fair context, which she fundamentally admits is her 'role' to point out. Tur is pointing out context, which is quite fair and appropriate, as long as one also confirms that it's indeed the worst record of job losses versus adds in any Presidential 4 years in history, and if context and nuance is to be added, to also point out that the US has had the strongest rebound, with the highest job creation and lowest inflation rate post COVID, post Trump than any other developed country in the world.

Context and nuance is indeed important, but not merely as a pushback against sound bite hyperbole and not without full context and nuance. These formats aren't great for such discussion, but it would be refreshing to see it happen!

I haven't seen anyone called an apologist for Trump or MAGA on here who isn't at a minimum such.

What I don't understand is how this has anything to do with Pelosi's leadership of her caucus during her tenure. Yes, she had strong message discipline and she whipped the vote effectively but that's the job...are you criticizing her doing her prior job well or are you criticizing her message discipline and willingness to push back hard against a reporter taking her way from that discipline?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:21 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:44 pm Nancy allowing us a look behind the curtain of how she ruled with an iron fist. Just like a good democrat....you disagree with her, you get attacked and name called.... kind of like around here: ;) https://x.com/CortesSteve/status/1785070721724473492

Pelosi does go too far in saying "apologist for Trump", as Tur is not, but she's accurate in her statement, though without full and fair context, which she fundamentally admits is her 'role' to point out. Tur is pointing out context, which is quite fair and appropriate, as long as one also confirms that it's indeed the worst record of job losses versus adds in any Presidential 4 years in history, and if context and nuance is to be added, to also point out that the US has had the strongest rebound, with the highest job creation and lowest inflation rate post COVID, post Trump than any other developed country in the world.

Context and nuance is indeed important, but not merely as a pushback against sound bite hyperbole and not without full context and nuance. These formats aren't great for such discussion, but it would be refreshing to see it happen!

I haven't seen anyone called an apologist for Trump or MAGA on here who isn't at a minimum such.

What I don't understand is how this has anything to do with Pelosi's leadership of her caucus during her tenure. Yes, she had strong message discipline and she whipped the vote effectively but that's the job...are you criticizing her doing her prior job well or are you criticizing her message discipline and willingness to push back hard against a reporter taking her way from that discipline?
I did not say apologist....I said attacked and name called, I suppose my comment hit a bit too closely, nIce try at the pivot, though. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:31 am

I did not say apologist....I said attacked and name called, I suppose my comment hit a bit too closely, nIce try at the pivot, though. ;)
wasn't that the 'name' she 'called' Tur?

Was there some sort of other "attack"?

Have you or someone else been "name-called" something else you think is inaccurate?

I've been called a lot of things on here and I simply refute them when inaccurate. Not a big deal.
Some of it gets rather stupid and tediously repetitive, but ahh well.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:01 am They have also promised 'retribution' against all they perceive as 'enemies', whether government employees, journalists and publications they deem 'enemy of the state', political opponents, etc and they have claimed that the IRS, DOJ, and other instruments of power are being used against them, thus turnabout is fair play. Corporations and executives are fair game as well, colleges and universities, literally anyone is fair game, so toe the line or retribution is coming.

And they have claimed complete immunity for a President for any action he may take, with unbound pardon power to protect those following his otherwise illegal or criminal orders. No joke.
Go right ahead! That's my response to that.

Know why supporters and apologists like the mere IDEA of doing these things?

Because they are unable to conjure in their minds a far left version of Trump arriving in the White House, or as the Majority leader in either houses.

All they picture is what Trump will do. They forget that this stuff will set a precedent for future Presidents to monkey around with the Executive Branch. And we have no clue who those Presidents will be.

The SCOTUS forgets these things, too.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:00 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:01 am They have also promised 'retribution' against all they perceive as 'enemies', whether government employees, journalists and publications they deem 'enemy of the state', political opponents, etc and they have claimed that the IRS, DOJ, and other instruments of power are being used against them, thus turnabout is fair play. Corporations and executives are fair game as well, colleges and universities, literally anyone is fair game, so toe the line or retribution is coming.

Because they are unable to conjure in their minds a far left version of Trump arriving in the White House, or as the Majority leader in either houses.

All they picture is what Trump will do. They forget that this stuff will set a precedent for future Presidents to monkey around with the Executive Branch. And we have no clue who those Presidents will be.

It’s just a matter of time and it will be bad.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yes, we've long been warning that's a very real possibility when norms and guardrails are broken away.

But the exigent risk is right now from the right. It's real, not fantasy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:04 am

Yep. You know how I keep asking the Republicans on the board: what's YOUR plan for bringing the American Worker into the 21st century?

It's because of THIS. The longer these major, major problems of Health Care and Education aren't fixed? The more severe the "fix" will be from the left, who will get power if the working class continues to fall apart.

I have no interest in a severe change. What I want are smaller solutions, coming from both the R's and the D's.

For 24 years, the R's have played this "all or nothing" game. It's why R's keep leaving Congress....the rational ones are sick of literally doing nothing.

Anyone notice how many bills have been passed this Congress? It's a joke. We've stopped governing.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:08 am

Yes, we've long been warning that's a very real possibility when norms and guardrails are broken away.

But the exigent risk is right now from the right. It's real, not fantasy.
Oh, I agree that's the problem today, right now.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:24 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:04 am

Yep. You know how I keep asking the Republicans on the board: what's YOUR plan for bringing the American Worker into the 21st century?

It's because of THIS. The longer these major, major problems of Health Care and Education aren't fixed? The more severe the "fix" will be from the left, who will get power if the working class continues to fall apart.

I have no interest in a severe change. What I want are smaller solutions, coming from both the R's and the D's.

For 24 years, the R's have played this "all or nothing" game. It's why R's keep leaving Congress....the rational ones are sick of literally doing nothing.

Anyone notice how many bills have been passed this Congress? It's a joke. We've stopped governing.
ok, here's my fantasy:

Biden defeats Trump. Trump is a 2X loser.
Trump trials continue and reveal more and more to those who've tried to ignore.

House flips back. Or remains very narrow, with Johnson forced to continue to work with Dems to remain.

Senate is narrow, but remains Dem by defeating MAGA candidates.

There's a solid chance that R's will recognize folly of burn it to the ground 'governance' and 'ideology'. And Dems will recognize that actual problems do need solutions and there are moderate R's with whom to work.

OR

Biden wins, GOP takes Senate narrowly and House and it's a bit of a performative s-show for another 4 years, but damage is minimized by veto...and then the Dems put forward a more vital, younger (likely Governor) sort to make the case for moderate-left governance.

I think the one thing that we can't really handle is a Trump plus Senate and House win. MAGA Unbound.

Whether that leads to a fascist state or a rebound to a leftist authoritarian state, either is hugely problematic.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OK here's my fantasy, animated by the reality that there is no coalition among Republicans with the courage to do anything about this guy:

Trump has a heart attack and dies or is sufficiently incapacitated that he cannot run for office.

Presumably then -- in my fantasy, mind you -- the GOP can go to a Convention and nominate Haley or someone, who might, just might, lead the GOP out of its wilderness of proto-fascism.

But sure, let's worry instead about a bunch of college kids protesting policy choices, who some of us insist on styling as "future leaders of the country."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:38 am

Have you or someone else been "name-called" something else you think is inaccurate?

I've been called a lot of things on here and I simply refute them when inaccurate. Not a big deal.
So big deal, trump refutes the fact that he is a crook. Some of the things you have been called are hard to refute. I guess you and trump must have that trait in common? I've been called a jerk on this forum. You've been called a jerk on this forum. Is that one of those things you can refute? Do you stand up and say ...no I'm not a jerk, statement clearly refuted... :D FTR keeper, I'm busting your balls here using something called sarcasm. I can refute any objections you have...
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 pm

So big deal, trump refutes the fact that he is a crook. Some of the things you have been called are hard to refute. I guess you and trump must have that trait in common? I've been called a jerk on this forum. You've been called a jerk on this forum. Is that one of those things you can refute? Do you stand up and say ...no I'm not a jerk, statement clearly refuted... :D FTR keeper, I'm busting your balls here using something called sarcasm. I can refute any objections you have...
You're correct, some name calling is a matter of "opinion".

I meant labels like "Biden apologist", "RINO", and your favorite, "FLP".

youth was clutching his pearls about Pelosi suggesting that Tur is a Trump apologist, which Tur makes quickly clear doesn't fit her, I just don't see the big deal, nor his trying to extrapolate that to "iron fist" and "name-calling" here on Fanlax between posters. Seems pretty "snowflake" to me... ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 pm OK here's my fantasy, animated by the reality that there is no coalition among Republicans with the courage to do anything about this guy:

Trump has a heart attack and dies or is sufficiently incapacitated that he cannot run for office.

Presumably then -- in my fantasy, mind you -- the GOP can go to a Convention and nominate Haley or someone, who might, just might, lead the GOP out of its wilderness of proto-fascism.

But sure, let's worry instead about a bunch of college kids protesting policy choices, who some of us insist on styling as "future leaders of the country."
Better fantasy, though I'd rather Trump lose ignominiously then have that heart attack.
Losing matters to shaking the party out of its delusions.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:37 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 pm OK here's my fantasy, animated by the reality that there is no coalition among Republicans with the courage to do anything about this guy:

Better fantasy, though I'd rather Trump lose ignominiously then have that heart attack.
Did you by chance see the Anderson Cooper thing on CNN the other night? The Trump movement cannot, in my view, be shaken from its delusions
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 pm

You're correct, some name calling is a matter of "opinion".

I meant labels like "Biden apologist", "RINO", and your favorite, "FLP".

youth was clutching his pearls about Pelosi suggesting that Tur is a Trump apologist, which Tur makes quickly clear doesn't fit her, I just don't see the big deal, nor his trying to extrapolate that to "iron fist" and "name-calling" here on Fanlax between posters. Seems pretty "snowflake" to me... ;)
FLP represents the Far Left Progressive wing of the Democrat party. I don't use the term as frequently but I know you often times criticize the FRC which represents the Far Right Conservative wing of the Republican party. It is not a term of disparagement as you are implying. My own sister is by her own admission a FLP.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Classic YA. Posts without knowing aything about what he's posting about. And then doubles down on his non-knowledge.

The "attack" and "name call" being discussed, you doofus, was Pelosi calling the reporter a Trump aplogist.

“He had the worst record of any president,” the legislator snapped. “We’ve had other concerns in our country. If you want to be an apologist for Donald Trump, that may be your role, but it ain’t mine.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:24 pm
Classic YA. Posts without knowing aything about what he's posting about. And then doubles down on his non-knowledge.

The "attack" and "name call" being discussed, you doofus, was Pelosi calling the reporter a Trump aplogist.

“He had the worst record of any president,” the legislator snapped. “We’ve had other concerns in our country. If you want to be an apologist for Donald Trump, that may be your role, but it ain’t mine.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: plain and simple.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:33 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:37 pm

Did you by chance see the Anderson Cooper thing on CNN the other night? The Trump movement cannot, in my view, be shaken from its delusions
Which ‘thing’? I likely missed as it’s not immediately occurring to me.

However, let me just say that most fantasies don’t come to pass and, with full TMI, some of mine definitely won’t. ;)

Seriously, we do benefit from a a serious conservative ideological position in the competition for governance and policy, so we really should hope for such to re-emerge as a faithful partner with liberal ideology in governance and policy competition.

But MAGA is definitely not such. And it owns the GOP at present.

Return to “POLITICS”