The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:43 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:32 pm ...as prosecutions are further delayed or fall apart, while Trump's poll ratings continue to rise.
Good work lawfare warriors. Seize those properties than watch the polls.
Oh no! "We" are going to elect Trump again!

What should we do?
This is Trump’s running mate! Victory is certain if Trump adds him to his ticket!!

I"m still LIVID that the Deep State dared to investigate Kilpatrick, weaponizing Government prosecutions to go after what was obviously a martyr.

My view was vindicated when Kilpatrick won the next election from his jailcell in a landslide win....but was unable to serve as Detroit's mayor because he was put into solitary confinement when he was caught sneaking an extra chocolate chip cookie from the mess hall. Pity.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:43 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:32 pm ...as prosecutions are further delayed or fall apart, while Trump's poll ratings continue to rise.
Good work lawfare warriors. Seize those properties than watch the polls.
Oh no! "We" are going to elect Trump again!

What should we do?
This is Trump’s running mate! Victory is certain if Trump adds him to his ticket!!

I"m still LIVID that the Deep State dared to investigate Kilpatrick, weaponizing Government prosecutions to go after what was obviously a martyr.

My view was vindicated when Kilpatrick won the next election from his jailcell in a landslide win....but was unable to serve as Detroit's mayor because he was put into solitary confinement when he was caught sneaking an extra chocolate chip cookie from the mess hall. Pity.
Show me the man!!!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:32 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:25 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:44 am With all the trolling going on around here the forum needs a boat. :D
....it's like reliving a bad marriage, over and over and over....

"..you said this.."

" NO.....you said THAT...."

Getting ready to read the $2 trillion spending bill, and seeing how much money our public transportation system got. :roll:

and "they" say Congress can't get things done
Good thing most of the Republicans didn't take the time to read it. Now that they found out what is in it, they are as mad as a wet hen. Those publicans might have noticed the new Red Flag division of the DoJ. Bad boys bad boys...watcha gonna do when they come for you? I wonder when the DoJ will make an equally concerted effort to go after illegal weapons? It might even be possible to prosecute these criminals under federal law if the illegal weapon came from out of state.

Amazing how that in an election year Congress can be dragged kicking and screaming to do the things they spent 3 years ignoring. If they hang tuff until November then they can go back to ignoring the chaos at the southern border for 4 more years...what a relief that will be. :D
Maine has a "red flag" law on the books. How did that law work out when a pos human actually TOLD people what he was gonna do. And the law was not followed. People died.

Years ago, a former, mental lunatic was kicked OUT of the Air Force, escaped from the lunni bin.....and somehow, someone, forgot to do their job.
This pos bought a gun, in Texas, and shot up a church outing.

Better just to take all weapons away.

My 870 magnums ARE on the assault list, because you can buy a "magazine" that holds a certain number of rounds.

Don't think suck will ever talk to his Jewish sister. She thought that the taking of Jewish peoples firearms, in Nazi Germany, was insignificant. An argument suck has heard, many, many times before. From other Jewish folks, no less, going back to Reagan years.

We replied, "if so small, and insignificant, the amount of firearms confiscated, it wouldn't have made a difference, why did the Nazi's go thru the hassle of doing it in the first place " ?

Yeah, a pump action shotgun IS an assualt weapon.

How is Trudaus's we charity going.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Opinion piece in my local paper, not YA's fact-free, Charlie Kirk-full, fantasy Twitter-feed:

"The first time in history the Dow Jones Industrial Average ever closed higher than 30,000 was in November 2020, shortly after Joe Biden was elected president of the United States. Less than three-and-a-half years later, this index is hovering right around the 39,000 mark.

Also in November 2020, just prior to the 2020 presidential election, the Standard & Poor’s 500 stood at 3,296 points. After Biden was voted into the Oval Office, the index exceeded 4,000 for the first time in April 2021 and then, shockingly, even shattered the 5,000 ceiling just this past February.

On Thursday, before the stock market took a long break for Good Friday, both yardsticks closed at all-time record highs. The Dow was at 39,807 when the final bell rang, while the S&P 500 sat on 5,254.

I don’t pretend to be a Wall Street wizard, but I know these are crazy, magical numbers. The comparison I can best comprehend is Babe Ruth, about 100 years ago, gradually hammering baseball’s single-season home run record up from 24 to a mythic 60 over the course of a few seasons.

Personally, I don’t believe presidents have significant influence over the stock market, although a blunder can certainly have a detrimental effect. (For example, note the historic 1,000-point Dow Jones plunge in February 2020, the very day then-President Donald Trump assured the country he had this COVID situation well under control and proclaimed, “Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”)

But this is all worth mentioning when you hear Trump try to claim Biden’s re-election this November will cause the stock market to collapse – obviously hoping we forget the exact opposite has happened since the Democrat’s 2020 victory. Trump was always happy to take credit in office whenever the market was doing well, and, naturally, blamed everyone else when it took a downturn. He bragged about voters thanking him for making them look like financial geniuses to their spouses.

All I know is that my retirement savings, modest as they may be, are loving Joe Biden.

It’s always risky to comment about a single stock market event because it can take a big dive the very next day, or it can rocket up to new heights. But the Dow has consistently been hovering around 39,000 for a substantial amount of time now, just as the S&P 500 has continued to remain above or around 5,000. There was a time these rates would have been considered cartoonishly out of reach.

This being an election year, a lot of Republican politicians have been running around telling us we should be miserable and our country is falling apart. I’ve heard some actually claim we’re worse off now than we were four years ago – apparently forgetting that 2020 was one of the most apocalyptic in our history. Unfortunately for them, their portrayals are slamming up against the granite wall of reality.

Last month’s jobs report yet again exceeded expectations, and unemployment remained below 4% for the 25th month in a row, which according to CNN is the longest stretch in more than 50 years. Trump’s former economic advisor Larry Kudlow – who can never be accused of being a RINO − recently said of the Biden economy, “If I were he, I would be bragging about it, too.”

In the last quarter of 2023, the U.S. economy expanded by 3.3%, after the Bureau of Economic Analysis had predicted growth of just 2%. Not bad when you remember how experts in 2022 were forecasting a recession in 2023.

“I was wrong about the slowdown and the recession,” Kudlow admitted on Fox News earlier this year. “So was the entire forecasting fraternity.”

Democratic Congressman Brendan Boyle of Pennsylvania has pointed out that while the average annual GDP (gross domestic product) growth for the first three years of the Biden administration came in at 3.4%, the rate was only 2.6% during the first three years of Trump’s administration.

While you’re expressing appreciation to Biden for the increase in your retirement savings, you might also want to thank him for repeatedly calling out GOP plans to go after Social Security and Medicare. Just this month, House Republicans floated a proposal to slash $2.7 trillion from spending for these programs over the next 10 years.

I keep hearing Republicans say Biden has been a disaster for America, but they don’t offer much in the way of details. There’s a lot of talk about a crisis at the southern U.S. border, but living up here in Maine I’m wondering how much of that is political gamesmanship. Seriously, how bad can it be if Republicans won’t even consider the bipartisan border bill their own leaders helped craft, which was endorsed by the Border Patrol’s labor union?

At one point it looked like this bill had a decent shot of passage, until Trump saw it as a potential political win for Biden, his opponent in November’s electoral rematch. “A Border Deal now would be another Gift to the Radical Left Democrats,” he squawked.

Then he turned on Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford, the ordained Baptist minister and conservative Republican who served as his party’s chief architect of the legislation. Trump even claimed he’d never endorsed Lankford, apparently forgetting – yet again – he is publicly on record as doing so.

Lankford in response hit the bull’s eye when he noted of Trump, “His job right now is running for president …. and obviously a chaotic border is helpful to him in the process on that.”

The bottom line is that Trump supporters want you to think America is in chaos right now. Unfortunately, having barely survived four years under this tangerine con man, we have a pretty good idea of what chaos really looks like."
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am Opinion piece in my local paper, not YA's fact-free, Charlie Kirk-full, fantasy Twitter-feed:

"The first time in history the Dow Jones Industrial Average ever closed higher than 30,000 was in November 2020, shortly after Joe Biden was elected president of the United States. Less than three-and-a-half years later, this index is hovering right around the 39,000 mark.

Also in November 2020, just prior to the 2020 presidential election, the Standard & Poor’s 500 stood at 3,296 points. After Biden was voted into the Oval Office, the index exceeded 4,000 for the first time in April 2021 and then, shockingly, even shattered the 5,000 ceiling just this past February.

On Thursday, before the stock market took a long break for Good Friday, both yardsticks closed at all-time record highs. The Dow was at 39,807 when the final bell rang, while the S&P 500 sat on 5,254.

I don’t pretend to be a Wall Street wizard, but I know these are crazy, magical numbers. The comparison I can best comprehend is Babe Ruth, about 100 years ago, gradually hammering baseball’s single-season home run record up from 24 to a mythic 60 over the course of a few seasons.

Personally, I don’t believe presidents have significant influence over the stock market, although a blunder can certainly have a detrimental effect. (For example, note the historic 1,000-point Dow Jones plunge in February 2020, the very day then-President Donald Trump assured the country he had this COVID situation well under control and proclaimed, “Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”)

But this is all worth mentioning when you hear Trump try to claim Biden’s re-election this November will cause the stock market to collapse – obviously hoping we forget the exact opposite has happened since the Democrat’s 2020 victory. Trump was always happy to take credit in office whenever the market was doing well, and, naturally, blamed everyone else when it took a downturn. He bragged about voters thanking him for making them look like financial geniuses to their spouses.

All I know is that my retirement savings, modest as they may be, are loving Joe Biden.

It’s always risky to comment about a single stock market event because it can take a big dive the very next day, or it can rocket up to new heights. But the Dow has consistently been hovering around 39,000 for a substantial amount of time now, just as the S&P 500 has continued to remain above or around 5,000. There was a time these rates would have been considered cartoonishly out of reach.

This being an election year, a lot of Republican politicians have been running around telling us we should be miserable and our country is falling apart. I’ve heard some actually claim we’re worse off now than we were four years ago – apparently forgetting that 2020 was one of the most apocalyptic in our history. Unfortunately for them, their portrayals are slamming up against the granite wall of reality.

Last month’s jobs report yet again exceeded expectations, and unemployment remained below 4% for the 25th month in a row, which according to CNN is the longest stretch in more than 50 years. Trump’s former economic advisor Larry Kudlow – who can never be accused of being a RINO − recently said of the Biden economy, “If I were he, I would be bragging about it, too.”

In the last quarter of 2023, the U.S. economy expanded by 3.3%, after the Bureau of Economic Analysis had predicted growth of just 2%. Not bad when you remember how experts in 2022 were forecasting a recession in 2023.

“I was wrong about the slowdown and the recession,” Kudlow admitted on Fox News earlier this year. “So was the entire forecasting fraternity.”

Democratic Congressman Brendan Boyle of Pennsylvania has pointed out that while the average annual GDP (gross domestic product) growth for the first three years of the Biden administration came in at 3.4%, the rate was only 2.6% during the first three years of Trump’s administration.

While you’re expressing appreciation to Biden for the increase in your retirement savings, you might also want to thank him for repeatedly calling out GOP plans to go after Social Security and Medicare. Just this month, House Republicans floated a proposal to slash $2.7 trillion from spending for these programs over the next 10 years.

I keep hearing Republicans say Biden has been a disaster for America, but they don’t offer much in the way of details. There’s a lot of talk about a crisis at the southern U.S. border, but living up here in Maine I’m wondering how much of that is political gamesmanship. Seriously, how bad can it be if Republicans won’t even consider the bipartisan border bill their own leaders helped craft, which was endorsed by the Border Patrol’s labor union?

At one point it looked like this bill had a decent shot of passage, until Trump saw it as a potential political win for Biden, his opponent in November’s electoral rematch. “A Border Deal now would be another Gift to the Radical Left Democrats,” he squawked.

Then he turned on Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford, the ordained Baptist minister and conservative Republican who served as his party’s chief architect of the legislation. Trump even claimed he’d never endorsed Lankford, apparently forgetting – yet again – he is publicly on record as doing so.

Lankford in response hit the bull’s eye when he noted of Trump, “His job right now is running for president …. and obviously a chaotic border is helpful to him in the process on that.”

The bottom line is that Trump supporters want you to think America is in chaos right now. Unfortunately, having barely survived four years under this tangerine con man, we have a pretty good idea of what chaos really looks like."
Which "tRump " GOP person is the author talking about ?

The stereotypical, white golfing country club belonging, RICH, polluting bizness & Stock owner ?

OR......the "clinging to guns & butter", shoulda learned to code "mouth breather" maga types ?

WHICH........GOP ....umm, voter, this "author" talking about.

All but Massachusettes, voted to RE-elect RIchard Nixon. 49 states for Nixon. 1 for the Democrat.

guess, seacoaster, your putinsque behavior, with these GOP ladden, inn you end doughs, or not.

Stock market ? What self respecting Democrat cares about the "stock market" since when ? Thought that was the domain of rich, white priveledge.........your messaging IS so confusing.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Time for medication?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:21 pm Time for medication?
This - "your messaging IS so confusing" - may be the most ironic thing ever stated on Fanlax.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:21 pm Time for medication?
Because...ice cream doesn't have bones.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OK, but gas is over $3.00/gallon so I gotta vote for the proto-fascist, who was found liable for sexual assault and business fraud and refers to most of the country as "vermin:"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ment-rate/

"The U.S. labor market added 303,000 jobs in March, soaring past expectations, reflecting renewed strength in the labor market that continues to prop up the broader economy.

The unemployment rate fell to 3.8 percent last month, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

The jobs market is charging ahead in 2024, churning out more jobs per month on average than before the pandemic. The March job growth was even higher than the average monthly gain over the past year, which was around 231,000, according to the agency.

Service-related industries such as health care, government and leisure and hospitality have been buoying the greater economy and contributing to a long stretch of low unemployment that has benefited workers. Although some rate sensitive industries have been waiting for the Fed to cut interest rates this year, before they full resume hiring.

Americans are spending big on vacations, dining out, and entertainment. And that demand is driving employers to hire in those sectors. Hourly wages have been beating inflation since last May, after years of falling behind.

Hiring in the leisure and hospitality sector is vastly outpacing the overall labor market. Employers made the most hires on record in arts, entertainment, and recreation in February, according to a separate report by the Labor Department released Tuesday.

More than 53,000 restaurants opened last year, up 10 percent from 2022 and exceeding pre-pandemic levels, according to data from online review site Yelp. That’s helped boost hiring across the board, in entry-level positions as well as managerial roles.

Restaurateurs say it is finally becoming easier to find employees, after years of worker shortages, relieving the pressure to raise wages. A major pickup in immigration has also helped fill many long-standing openings, with 3.3 million immigrants arriving in 2023, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Brent Frederick, who owns five restaurants in Minneapolis and St. Paul, has hired 40 people in the past month.

“There have been pullbacks in tech and other industries, and we’re noticing that a lot of people are landing back in hospitality,” he said. “There’s been influx in the pool of people available to us.”

Franco Campilongo, a restaurateur in the Bay Area, has hired seven new workers, including servers, cooks and dishwashers, in the last few weeks. Recent layoffs at tech firms and downtown cafeterias rocked by work-from-home norms have made it easier to recruit employees, he said.

“When Google and Apple started laying off, we got more people,” he said. “We used to have to negotiate — people would say ‘Facebook gives me $35 an hour’ — but that’s changed. Now I have a stack of applications.”

Even as leisure and hospitality hiring is getting easier, the sector remains 1.7 million jobs short of where it would have been had it continued its 2015-2019 growth trend.

“We actually have a massive gap relative to the pre-pandemic trend at a time when the U.S. household wealth has gone up like 40 percent,” said Pollak, the ZipRecruiter economist. “And it’s those people who mostly consume leisure and hospitality. So there’s plenty of demand, and there’s plenty of room for growth.”

The industry has also been changing, with restaurants following remote-work customers who moved to suburbs from cities. Frederick, the Twin Cities restaurateur, is a few weeks away from opening his newest restaurant, Starling, in Edina, Minn., a suburb of Minneapolis. It will be his first foray into the suburbs.

“Post-pandemic, a lot of people are working from home, which means they want to get breakfast, lunch, takeout and happy hour closer to where they live,” Frederick said. “It was never on our radar to do anything outside of a major city, until now.”

That shift to the outskirts of town is expected to fuel brisk hiring in hospitality this year. Che Fico, one of San Francisco’s top restaurants, recently expanded to Menlo Park. Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille, which has 21 locations nationwide, is heading to Vernon Hills, outside of Chicago. And Old Ebbitt Grill, a D.C. institution just across from the White House, is opening its first spinoff in Reston, Va.

“We’re calling it our ‘sexy sister in the suburbs,’” said Jeff Owens, chief financial officer at Clyde’s Restaurant Group, which operates 11 Washington-area restaurants. (Clyde’s is owned by Graham Holdings, which owned The Washington Post until 2013.)

Last month, Jaime James of Minnesota picked up a second job as a bartender on top of her day job in health care. The single mother said she hadn’t worked in the service industry in a decade, she said, but she needed the extra cash. She rents a $2,000-a-month apartment in a safer and cleaner building than her previous mice-infested one.

“As a single mom, it’s very tough to survive right now on one income for two people,” James said. “The service industry appealed to me because of the possibility of immediate cash after every shift with tips.”

But James struggled to find an employer that would schedule her around her day job, as well as child-care needs. She applied for 24 restaurant jobs between November and March and only got two callbacks before she landed her current position."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:57 am
Any intel on this? https://x.com/LeadingReport/status/1776062753985220699
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:03 am
Here is the Complaint, which alleges a violation of the Freedom of Information Act. So the "Leading Report" blip on this is not entirely accurate. And you know America First Legal Foundation, the plaintiff and party that made the FOIA request is Stephen "Goebbels but I Wanna Be Himmler" Miller's organization.

https://media.aflegal.org/wp-content/up ... 1712330066
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:19 am
Here is the Complaint, which alleges a violation of the Freedom of Information Act. So the "Leading Report" blip on this is not entirely accurate. And you know America First Legal Foundation, the plaintiff and party that made the FOIA request is Stephen "Goebbels but I Wanna Be Himmler" Miller's organization.

For others

Reading the comments on the Twitter feed one would assume that Trump was indicted under the Presidential Records Act. That act, PRA, requires all Presidential Records to be returned to the National Archives after service. Trump didn't do that, refused to do that, hid documents, lied about hiding, caused others to lie and hide...but he wasn't indicted under PRA.

Rather he was indicted under the Espionage Act for doing those deceitful actions with regard to national defense materials. Not for memos on his daily schedule or discussions of some domestic program. National defense.

He's guilty as sin, but getting a whole lot of help in delaying having to actually be on trial. Note that the incompetent or in the bag judge is considering whether these "Presidential Records" might be considered "Personal Records" (which is ridiculous on its face) but more importantly he's not indicted for having Presidential Records that aren't "personal". Rather, he's indicted, with others, under the Espionage Act, for the national defense materials he knowingly hid and lied about and caused others to hide and lie about.

Smith is calling the question, very possibly with Judge Cannon needing to step down.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:05 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:19 am

For others

Reading the comments on the Twitter feed one would assume that Trump was indicted under the Presidential Records Act. That act, PRA, requires all Presidential Records to be returned to the National Archives after service. Trump didn't do that, refused to do that, hid documents, lied about hiding, caused others to lie and hide...but he wasn't indicted under PRA.

Rather he was indicted under the Espionage Act for doing those deceitful actions with regard to national defense materials. Not for memos on his daily schedule or discussions of some domestic program. National defense.

He's guilty as sin, but getting a whole lot of help in delaying having to actually be on trial. Note that the incompetent or in the bag judge is considering whether these "Presidential Records" might be considered "Personal Records" (which is ridiculous on its face) but more importantly he's not indicted for having Presidential Records that aren't "personal". Rather, he's indicted, with others, under the Espionage Act, for the national defense materials he knowingly hid and lied about and caused others to hide and lie about.

Smith is calling the question, very possibly with Judge Cannon needing to step down.
Translation: full grown adults, who pretend to care about America, think it's more important to get Trump exonerated, than it is to protect classified documents from being stored in a M'fing bathroom.

LOVE that card-carrying Republicans do. not. care. that Trump uses classified documents as a parlor trick to show guests at parties because Trump is a toddler.

Sweet. Please. By all means, put this guy back in charge of our country. Can't wait! Jan of 2025 can't come soon enough for this proud American!!!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Congratulations Joe......we did it...Biden Admin Sets World Record For Illegals Entering The Country

https://x.com/_BlakeHabyan/status/1776010087804314062

~Livy
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:03 am Congratulations Joe......we did it...Biden Admin Sets World Record For Illegals Entering The Country

It is called propaganda from a source with a predetermined goal but if you have a more objective and reliable source please reference it. Seems he managed to tell you what you wanted to hear
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:03 am Congratulations Joe......we did it...Biden Admin Sets World Record For Illegals Entering The Country

Boy, YA, we should really pass a law fixing this problem.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:05 am

I-9 comes to mind…😀
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:05 am

already have plenty, just need to follow them.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”