The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:56 am
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:05 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:03 am Congratulations Joe......we did it...Biden Admin Sets World Record For Illegals Entering The Country

https://x.com/_BlakeHabyan/status/1776010087804314062
Boy, YA, we should really pass a law fixing this problem.
already have plenty, just need to follow them.
No. All that needs to happen is for you guys to install a R in the White House.

THAT is what stops complaints about this stuff. Doesn't matter if the R follows the law, or not, as we have learned.

Vote R, and the complaining will stop. Nothing else works. For 12 years, this has been the most important issue for your party, and shocker, they just can't manage to pass one single law that actually addresses the real problems.

Doesn't matter. Just put a R in....that's all this is about, and this is why your R's will NEVER give up this election issue.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:03 pm Is this why? https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5H1_5Es ... c5ZXZwdnp5
Is this why.....what?

Told you what my instantaneous solution was: give every last one of them work visas. Problem solved, move on to things like Health Care and Education.

Your party won't do that, YA. They PREFER to have them here illegally.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:03 am Congratulations Joe......we did it...Biden Admin Sets World Record For Illegals Entering The Country

THAT is what stops complaints about this stuff. Doesn't matter if the R follows the law, or not, as we have learned.

Vote R, and the complaining will stop. Nothing else works. For 12 years, this has been the most important issue for your party, and shocker, they just can't manage to pass one single law that actually addresses the real problems.

Doesn't matter. Just put a R in....that's all this is about, and this is why your R's will NEVER give up this election issue.
Nice to see you’ve come around. There has not been one in office for quite some time…..we alll on know Trump was really a democrat. 😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So why isn't the government enforcing the laws that are already on the books? It's like everybody forgot about them or is fine with pretending they don't exist. I wonder why Washington doesn't treat the tax code in such a lackadaisical manner? You can violate the law and sneak into the country and be given preferential treatment that American citizens can't receive. If you don't pay your taxes and the IRS catches you...the benevolent government will ream you a new one. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

[quote=cradleandshoot post_id=536507 time=1712420342 user_id=661
So why isn't the government enforcing the laws that are already on the books? It's like everybody forgot about them or is fine with pretending they don't exist.[/quote]1%ers want it this way.

I wonder why Washington doesn't treat the tax code in such a lackadaisical manner?[/quote]
Same answer. It's why my brother and I pay full freight for our taxes, and .1%ers don't. Rinse. Repeat.

You can violate the law and sneak into the country and be given preferential treatment that American citizens can't receive. If you don't pay your taxes and the IRS catches you...the benevolent government will ream you a new one. :D
[/quote]
Again, easy to solve: give them work visa, and tax them. Problem solved instantenously.

Picture how much money the .gov would rake in if the 10million or so illegal workers all started paying taxes immediately. What do you think that would look like?

Naaaah. We don't want those tax dollars. Let's keep doing what we're doing now, and complain about how illegals get away with not paying income and payroll taxes.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:19 pm So why isn't the government enforcing the laws that are already on the books? It's like everybody forgot about them or is fine with pretending they don't exist.
1%ers want it this way.
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:19 pm I wonder why Washington doesn't treat the tax code in such a lackadaisical manner?
Same answer. It's why my brother and I pay full freight for our taxes, and .1%ers don't. Rinse. Repeat.
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:19 pm You can violate the law and sneak into the country and be given preferential treatment that American citizens can't receive. If you don't pay your taxes and the IRS catches you...the benevolent government will ream you a new one. :D
Again, easy to solve: give them work visa, and tax them. Problem solved instantenously.

Picture how much money the .gov would rake in if the 10million or so illegal workers all started paying taxes immediately. What do you think that would look like?

Naaaah. We don't want those tax dollars. Let's keep doing what we're doing now, and complain about how illegals get away with not paying income and payroll taxes.
Last edited by a fan on Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:10 pm

Nice to see you’ve come around. There has not been one in office for quite some time…..we alll on know Trump was really a democrat. 😂
So what? Did you, or didn't you and your fellow Republicans stop all whining about "the border" and immigration for four years.

That's the only solution, YA. You guys don't REALLY want to fix the problem. If you did? You would have screamed bloody murder as Trump ate McDonald's for four years, and "forgot" to pass even ONE immigration reform bill, let alone several addressing the manifold problems
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:23 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:10 pm

So what? Did you, or didn't you and your fellow Republicans stop all whining about "the border" and immigration for four years.

That's the only solution, YA. You guys don't REALLY want to fix the problem. If you did? You would have screamed bloody murder as Trump ate McDonald's for four years, and "forgot" to pass even ONE immigration reform bill, let alone several addressing the manifold problems
The whining was still there, the difference was that effort was in progress to do something, rather than morning. But yes, we all agree, it’s a perpetual partisan hot button.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:42 pm
The whining was still there, the difference was that effort was in progress to do something, rather than morning.
:lol: :lol: :lol: "Effort in progress'. Dude: Biden had a Immigration Bill, ready to go, WEEKS after he was put in office.

You going to credit him for that, and tell us it's on Congress? You have to be even handed, my man, and that's the problem: you give Trump a pass for "trying"....yet don't do the same for Biden.

Either both failed, or both "tried" to fix immmigration. Can't have it both ways.
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:42 pm But yes, we all agree, it’s a perpetual partisan hot button.
Then stop complaining about the Dems. How many times do I have to explain this to the board's Republicans: you are REWARDING you party for doing nothing by playing this game of "well, Trump tried"....and then turn around and foam at the mouth about "open borders" when a Dem arrives.

You're why this problem is still here, YA. You, OS, and millions of Republican who will happily blame the Dems for everything you don't like, while giving the Party that you're in do NOTHING, while giving them your full support.

The Republicans are doing what you are telling them to do, YA. You're telling them to do nothing. Which is why we're STILL talking about the stupid border a full 12 years since Republican voters told the world "this is America's most pressing problem".

What needs to happen to get you chaps to change your behavior?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

He’s not really too far off…or is he?

https://x.com/immeme0/status/1776961656 ... a82I2GssRg
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:15 pm He’s not really too far off…or is he?

Yes, extremely "far off"
Just a performative a-hole seeking $.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:15 pm He’s not really too far off…or is he?

This. guy. is. full. of. turd. Outrage clickbait culture, blaming "the libs" for every single problem in America. Conservatives are perfect. Everything was flawless under Trump, and the US had not one single problem under Trump.

This clickbait sh*t works. And you're letting it work on you. You're better than this.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

You really need to address your source material. This guy is a complete chucklehead, grossly ill-informed or a gaslighting turd. He's really really far off.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:21 pm

This. guy. is. full. of. turd. Outrage clickbait culture, blaming "the libs" for every single problem in America. Conservatives are perfect. Everything was flawless under Trump, and the US had not one single problem under Trump.

This clickbait sh*t works. And you're letting it work on you. You're better than this.
As I've mentioned over and over for quite some time.....THIS! is what social media does, to (re)enforce, or influence further partisan division. And it is working...is it not? Otherwise, we would have never had Trump 1, and now we are flirting with a Trump 2. You guys can minimize his message is 'turd' but who is listening to you? The (libs) as you like to call them, are doing nothing but doubling down on this guys message and then triple downing on Trump, maga, rednecks, white nationalist, etc.....just more identity politics, to the max. Add in border, ukraine funding, flirting with more wars, high gas, inflation, interest rates, and a looming recession.....what positive message is there to convey?

You guys are not understanding how social media is working these days.....I feel like Dr. Rick with you all. :lol:

~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:22 pm [quote=cradleandshoot post_id=536507 time=1712420342 user_id=661
So why isn't the government enforcing the laws that are already on the books? It's like everybody forgot about them or is fine with pretending they don't exist.
1%ers want it this way.

I wonder why Washington doesn't treat the tax code in such a lackadaisical manner?[/quote]

You can violate the law and sneak into the country and be given preferential treatment that American citizens can't receive. If you don't pay your taxes and the IRS catches you...the benevolent government will ream you a new one. :D
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your bypassing my point entirely. There are immigration laws on the books. If the government doesn't have the wherewithal to enforce them then change or modify the laws.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:38 pm As I've mentioned over and over for quite some time.....THIS! is what social media does, to (re)enforce, or influence further partisan division. And it is working...is it not? Otherwise, we would have never had Trump 1, and now we are flirting with a Trump 2. You guys can minimize his message is 'turd' but who is listening to you? The (libs) as you like to call them, are doing nothing but doubling down on this guys message and then triple downing on Trump, maga, rednecks, white nationalist, etc.....just more identity politics, to the max. Add in border, ukraine funding, flirting with more wars, high gas, inflation, interest rates, and a looming recession.....what positive message is there to convey?

You guys are not understanding how social media is working these days.....I feel like Dr. Rick with you all. :lol:
:lol: Are you so self-centered that you think that list of "bad stuff libs are doing" is the only bad list out there?

Try this list for YOUR team, YA. In just a few short years, Republicans:

-Took away abortion rights, even though a majority of Republicans were perfectly happy with Roe v Wade. Did you get that? You overstepped your far right bounds soooo badly, that only fringe Republicans are happy. Women? F them, they're cattle, we get to make choices for them.

-Packed courts with far right wingnuts, handing out Fundamentalist Christian decisions on case law that was settled DECADES ago, because you want to go back to the year 1950.

-Cut education spending every chance you get, because you think it's cool to have a nation of morons running around, doing Trump's bidding because they can barely read and write, let alone think.

-Ban Books, because again, Republicans think it's neat that Americans are PLUMMETING in educational achievement measurements for our working class. So by all means, take books away from kids. Brilliant. Meanwhile, the top earners in the US get a top-notch education.

-totally dismantled unions, royally F'ing TrumpNation, and gutting our middle class

-handing us a private "health care" system that's so sh*(tty and expensive, that we blow twice as much on it as most countries, yet our poor's life expectancy is going DOWN. Fighting any notion of what the rest of the free world enjoys: free health care no matter how poor you are.

-Cozying up to White Supremacists. Oh, and the best part? Playing dumb, and telling yourselves that's not what you're doing. Neat.

-Trying to gut School Curriculums to keep kids from learning about slavery, or heaven forbid, that we have more than one kind of family in America. Oh no! Not that!

-wrapping yourselves in the flag with fake patriotism....right before yanking rights away from "other people". Because as you know, only Republicans are allowed to do what they want, everyone else can F off. And if anyone else tries to (horror) have a voice in our Democracy? Oh, that's "woke", and communism.

-cutting taxes for the rich over and over and over because R voters are too freaking stupid to understand that they are screwing themselves, and handing out tax breaks to Corporations that are increasingly owned by foreign interests. Smart.

-increasing the gap between rich and poor because, again, you chaps can't add and subtract, and think that paying the same tax rate you did under Reagan is now "communism" in 2024. :roll:

-hitting out at every institution you can name that you think is "doing it wrong"....including ones that YOU OPERATE...and telling us that "the libs did this".

-nominating a man who's under dozens of indictments, because you're so stupid that you want to put a connvicted felon who doesn't understand how government works....in charge. Again. Sweet. You guys are doing great.

-believe that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy, and coming up with the dumbest. possible. explanations. for everyday events that happen all over the world. Basically telling the entire world that you're not able to think above a grammar school level.

-tell us that "the border" and immigration is the most important issue in the history of Earth. And then (drumroll) promptly don't do one single thing to fix it. Sweet. Way to go!

I could go on, and on, and on. Your "the libs are bad" list PALES in comparison to what moderates and liberals think of your party, and how you've abandoned any resemblance to American Conservative thought.

And yet? In response to your team going off the deep end? Did they nominate a liberal Trump?

Nope. The actually put a guy in office who in MOST ways, is to the RIGHT of Trump. Explain that.

-
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:oops:
a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:33 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:38 pm As I've mentioned over and over for quite some time.....THIS! is what social media does, to (re)enforce, or influence further partisan division. And it is working...is it not? Otherwise, we would have never had Trump 1, and now we are flirting with a Trump 2. You guys can minimize his message is 'turd' but who is listening to you? The (libs) as you like to call them, are doing nothing but doubling down on this guys message and then triple downing on Trump, maga, rednecks, white nationalist, etc.....just more identity politics, to the max. Add in border, ukraine funding, flirting with more wars, high gas, inflation, interest rates, and a looming recession.....what positive message is there to convey?

:lol: Are you so self-centered that you think that list of "bad stuff libs are doing" is the only bad list out there?

-Took away abortion rights, even though a majority of Republicans were perfectly happy with Roe v Wade. Did you get that? You overstepped your far right bounds soooo badly, that only fringe Republicans are happy. Women? F them, they're cattle, we get to make choices for them.

-Packed courts with far right wingnuts, handing out Fundamentalist Christian decisions on case law that was settled DECADES ago, because you want to go back to the year 1950.

-Cut education spending every chance you get, because you think it's cool to have a nation of morons running around, doing Trump's bidding because they can barely read and write, let alone think.

-Ban Books, because again, Republicans think it's neat that Americans are PLUMMETING in educational achievement measurements for our working class. So by all means, take books away from kids. Brilliant. Meanwhile, the top earners in the US get a top-notch education.

-totally dismantled unions, royally F'ing TrumpNation, and gutting our middle class

-handing us a private "health care" system that's so sh*(tty and expensive, that we blow twice as much on it as most countries, yet our poor's life expectancy is going DOWN. Fighting any notion of what the rest of the free world enjoys: free health care no matter how poor you are.

-Cozying up to White Supremacists. Oh, and the best part? Playing dumb, and telling yourselves that's not what you're doing. Neat.

-Trying to gut School Curriculums to keep kids from learning about slavery, or heaven forbid, that we have more than one kind of family in America. Oh no! Not that!

-wrapping yourselves in the flag with fake patriotism....right before yanking rights away from "other people". Because as you know, only Republicans are allowed to do what they want, everyone else can F off. And if anyone else tries to (horror) have a voice in our Democracy? Oh, that's "woke", and communism.

-cutting taxes for the rich over and over and over because R voters are too freaking stupid to understand that they are screwing themselves, and handing out tax breaks to Corporations that are increasingly owned by foreign interests. Smart.

-increasing the gap between rich and poor because, again, you chaps can't add and subtract, and think that paying the same tax rate you did under Reagan is now "communism" in 2024. :roll:

-hitting out at every institution you can name that you think is "doing it wrong"....including ones that YOU OPERATE...and telling us that "the libs did this".

-nominating a man who's under dozens of indictments, because you're so stupid that you want to put a connvicted felon who doesn't understand how government works....in charge. Again. Sweet. You guys are doing great.

-believe that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy, and coming up with the dumbest. possible. explanations. for everyday events that happen all over the world. Basically telling the entire world that you're not able to think above a grammar school level.

-tell us that "the border" and immigration is the most important issue in the history of Earth. And then (drumroll) promptly don't do one single thing to fix it. Sweet. Way to go!

I could go on, and on, and on. Your "the libs are bad" list PALES in comparison to what moderates and liberals think of your party, and how you've abandoned any resemblance to American Conservative thought.

And yet? In response to your team going off the deep end? Did they nominate a liberal Trump?

Nope. The actually put a guy in office who in MOST ways, is to the RIGHT of Trump. Explain that.

-
thanks for the list and time spent noting it. And I honestly, you are proving my point….

…The lib side is trying to argue all this in court, tv, impeachments, etc-etc…and guess what? Trump is still leading, Why? Back to my social media dissection of how the game is being played. The moment the libs get a legal win that buries his ass, they can claim victory, until then, they are only fanning the flames of Trump.

You are focused on real life things, which I agree whole-heartedly, but currently, memes, 140 character posts, and deep fakes appear to keep winning.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:27 pmthanks for the list and time spent noting it. And I honestly, you are proving my point….

…The lib side is trying to argue all this in court, tv, impeachments, etc-etc…and guess what? Trump is still leading, Why? Back to my social media dissection of how the game is being played. The moment the libs get a legal win that buries his ass, they can claim victory, until then, they are only fanning the flames of Trump.

You are focused on real life things, which I agree whole-heartedly, but currently, memes, 140 character posts, and deep fakes appear to keep winning.
What the FORK, exactly, IS your "point"?

That numbnuts like in that X post have somehow convinced millions of rubes, via social media, that Trump is a viable, honest candidate? That he has some sort of honest, thought-through POLICY that is somehow "good news" for Americans to believe in?

There is SO MUCH in AF's list that have NOT. ONE. THING. to do with the culture wars you seem to think libs are somehow waging against Trump and his cultists. awwww, they don't like being called cultists. Boo freakin' Hoo.

"My social media dissection" is nothing more than a story about how LYING AHOLES on the InterNet can manipulate voters into the state we're in today.

Further, you always have a tone in your voice that this is all AOK. It isn't. That's why, in these uniquely bad time, a time being rent asunder by LIES in social media, that calling this trend out as an existential danger is NOT the "doubling down and tripling down on this guy and on Trump" that you want it to be. "LOOK OVER THERE! THE LIBS ARE OBSESSED WITH THE LOONEY CULTURE WARS AND TRUMP'S CHARACTER!!" "Is that ALL THEY GOT???"

It isn't "all they got". ACTUAL VOTERS, not republican primary voters, will settle this, once and for all, come November 5, 2024.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:27 pm thanks for the list and time spent noting it. And I honestly, you are proving my point….

No, you're not listening.

Do you think that TrumpVoters are the only Americans in the history of voters to react to the other side saying bad things about their candidate?

You guys keep doing this: you think, for example, that "cancel culture" in ten minutes old, and "the libs" invented it. Nope. Conservatives canceled EVERYONE. if you spoke out in support of a black person, you were canceled. If you were gay? Canceled. A woman? Canceled, and not allowed to apply for jobs or colleges. The list goes on and one and on.

What I'm telling you, for the 100th time: every time Trump gets indicted. Or you pass a law sticking it to gays or women. Or call anyone who isn't a white conservative a commie, or "the enemy of America". Or demonize teachers. Or hilariously accuse Biden of lying, after supporting the biggest liar our country has ever seen. Guess what happens? Moderate, reasonable Americans recoil in horror, and vote for Dems. Happens in State, local, and National elections, YA.

Get it? Trump's aren't the only voting bock that is prodded into voting habits by the actions of the other side, whether real or imagined.

It's just that you and rightwingmedia have convinced yourselves that TrumpVoters are some special, shiny, brand new thing in American politics.

They're not. PLENTY of Nixon supporters who think that he was unfairly taken out of office, and didn't think he did anything wrong.

Savvy?
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:27 pm You are focused on real life things, which I agree whole-heartedly, but currently, memes, 140 character posts, and deep fakes appear to keep winning.
And you sincerely think that TrumpVoters are the first, and only group of voters to fall prey to sound bytes?

C'mon, man. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:27 pm :oops:
a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:33 pm

-
thanks for the list and time spent noting it. And I honestly, you are proving my point….

Are they winning? Or are they polling?

In nearly every contest since 2016, and that’s a whole lot of election cycles, MAGA extremists, and after 2020 election denying MAGA extremists, have been losing. Very few wins outside of GOP primaries except in very safest districts. Moreover, even in red states when abortion rights have gotten a vote, choice has won.

But GOP controlled legislatures and some of the judges who had been appointed by Trump keep creating new law way outside of American majority opinion…in other words, in response to losing elections, they have tacked even further hard right.

So, sure, Trump is polling “ahead” of Biden in some important states. And that’s alarming. But does Trump have some special power that other election deniers do not? Anti women’s rights and healthcare? Or is polling quite different than what happens when voting actually is put to the test?

However, If you are saying that there’s a large and very active extremist effort to use social media and right wing media far more aggressively, with no regard to truth, rather just the efficiency of disinformation propaganda, I’d agree. Moreover, a significant additional input to that social media propaganda effort is from foreign adversaries recognizing the vulnerability of our electorate to such.

All the more reason to reject MAGA extremism and Trump.

I don’t think, however, that MAGA willingness to aggressively lie as the most effective propaganda, given an ends justifies the means rationale, should be adopted by the Dems. Right now, they have added a lot of disaffected Republicans and Independents for whom that very lying is a big part of why they won’t vote for Trump again. And they would lose them if there were truly the same disinformation methods being used on both sides.

Return to “POLITICS”