Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:34 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:18 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:54 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:41 pm You've been stating the obvious a fan (no sh!t) and missed the sarcasm throughout the thread you barged in on.[/color][/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Right. We misinterpreted what you meant when you called a poster "out of his league".

GTFO. Your nonstop "that's not what I meant" is just tiring.

Try this: I think you're out of your league here. Lets play your stupid, pointless game: am I serious? Am I kidding? Am I being "sarcastic"?

"That's not what I meant". Right. Sure it isn't.
Man, you are Fing ridiculous at times. Who is "We" as in "We misinterpreted"? I was conversing with Kismet, why on earth get involved? Kismet was doing fine without your weird oversight.

And why read my posts if you don't like them, think they're pointless, or can't follow? Make some sense a fan.
Actually, I don't find his oversight weird at all.
As for Hunter Biden, I have never seen any of his work and have no idea if he's an artist at all.

As long as we are on MOMA and fine art - next time you are in NYC check out Van Gogh's The Starry Night - after seeing it I was blown away what the man captured on canvas a painting. At first, thought the visual effect was the lighting but the more I looked the more transformational it appeared to be. Now THAT'S Fine Art to me. Apologies to Milton Glaser and the I love NY logo. ;)

BTW - for the record my comment initially regarding ILLUSTRATION vs FINE ART was - "Even his originals MIGHT be considered true art." which isn't how you subsequently characterized IMHO.
I still prefer the Met over Moma though being a massive fan of Rene Magritte I obviously have to hit MOMA occasionally. Debating as I’m bringing my sister for the first time next month for 4-5 days. Whereas I lived there I have to managed her tastes and preferences along with her desire to see how I/we lived in NYC*. Moma may be more accessible than the Met for a kid but man the Met has so much fainting stuff in it. Too bad I can’t show her the old graffiti art by the dude who died of aids in the 80s. Hard rock lifted his work for designs way back. Want to say his name was Keith Harding but forgot since seeing an exhibit at the museum in Golden Gate Park SF a few years back. That would be cool. If it were my son we’d do the subway run from the Warriors but I don’t think my fighter would appreciate that other than she’d be perfect in the bad a** sneaky killer chick gang downtown (or around flatiron? Been about 7-9yrs since I last watched that classic)

Gets tiring and redundant after a while but to see classics there’s nothing like a multi month backpacking trip around Europe. I still found that macabre religious art from the Belgians and west Germans you could find in some Benelux country museums to be cool.

* (NYC trip -though she doesn’t like steak or rice pudding so I’m f**ked with regard to taking her to Lugers and Rice to riches as I’d hoped. She just blew up an expensive dinner at a joint here run by this tv chef Kevin Rathbun because I insisted she try some cranes spinach which turned into a screaming match in public between my wife and 9yr old daughter as my son and I were trying to enjoy our surprisingly fatty dry aged porterhouse for two)
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:44 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:41 pm You've been stating the obvious a fan (no sh!t) and missed the sarcasm throughout the thread you barged in on.[/color][/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Right. We misinterpreted what you meant when you called a poster "out of his league".

Try this: I think you're out of your league here. Lets play your stupid, pointless game: am I serious? Am I kidding? Am I being "sarcastic"?

Man, you are Fing ridiculous at times. Who is "We" as in "We misinterpreted"? I was conversing with Kismet, why on earth get involved? Kismet was doing fine without your weird oversight.

And why read my posts if you don't like them, think they're pointless, or can't follow? Make some sense a fan.
As for Hunter Biden, I have never seen any of his work and have no idea if he's an artist at all.

As long as we are on MOMA and fine art - next time you are in NYC check out Van Gogh's The Starry Night - after seeing it I was blown away what the man captured on canvas a painting. At first, thought the visual effect was the lighting but the more I looked the more transformational it appeared to be. Now THAT'S Fine Art to me. Apologies to Milton Glaser and the I love NY logo. ;)

BTW - for the record my comment initially regarding ILLUSTRATION vs FINE ART was - "Even his originals MIGHT be considered true art." which isn't how you subsequently characterized IMHO.
I still prefer the Met over Moma though being a massive fan of Rene Magritte I obviously have to hit MOMA occasionally. Debating as I’m bringing my sister for the first time next month for 4-5 days. Whereas I lived there I have to managed her tastes and preferences along with her desire to see how I/we lived in NYC*. Moma may be more accessible than the Met for a kid but man the Met has so much fainting stuff in it. Too bad I can’t show her the old graffiti art by the dude who died of aids in the 80s. Hard rock lifted his work for designs way back. Want to say his name was Keith Harding but forgot since seeing an exhibit at the museum in Golden Gate Park SF a few years back. That would be cool. If it were my son we’d do the subway run from the Warriors but I don’t think my fighter would appreciate that other than she’d be perfect in the bad a** sneaky killer chick gang downtown (or around flatiron? Been about 7-9yrs since I last watched that classic)

Gets tiring and redundant after a while but to see classics there’s nothing like a multi month backpacking trip around Europe. I still found that macabre religious art from the Belgians and west Germans you could find in some Benelux country museums to be cool.

* (NYC trip -though she doesn’t like steak or rice pudding so I’m f**ked with regard to taking her to Lugers and Rice to riches as I’d hoped. She just blew up an expensive dinner at a joint here run by this tv chef Kevin Rathbun because I insisted she try some cranes spinach which turned into a screaming match in public between my wife and 9yr old daughter as my son and I were trying to enjoy our surprisingly fatty dry aged porterhouse for two)
:lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
tech37

Post by tech37 »

"Even his originals might not be considered true art." is what you wrote.

My issue was due to your reaction to the astute/ironic Glaser statement re Rockwell and then Glaser himself. Then off to the races. Because you didn't like working with him (anecdotal) has no bearing on his revolutionary/iconic/influential work.

I visited MOMA many times while working in NYC and a few times thereafter. I also frequented the Met, Guggenheim, and Whitney. Highlights for me were Picasso/Braque retrospective at MOMA and the Mapplethorp retro at Whitney.

Yes, I've seen The Starry Night more than once. In mid 80s there was a Van Gogh retro at the Met. My buddy's girlfriend was the head of marketing for Con Edison at the time and Con Ed was underwriting the exhibition. She got me in the night before the opening and she and I had the entire exhibition to ourselves. My favorite museum memory.

Again, you should check out the Wyeths. IMO, the fine line between art and illustration is far finer with them than with Rockwell.
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:57 pm

Imagine you’ve got an anniversary and a date around you. Not to throw it around but it was, call it, a $500 dinner, that just felt like I may as well have been in a bar at 3am with an 8 ball and surrounded by a damaged, fun loving and minimal judgement crowd than bother with this mess. So disappointing. Makes one wonder why they should bother giving up part of life to generate some resources, opening up the spigot to provide a broader and bette future for your kids and find out you had little impact on their futures while you end up a stump with only tired love left to give.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:57 pm

Imagine you’ve got an anniversary and a date around you. Not to throw it around but it was, call it, a $500 dinner, that just felt like I may as well have been in a bar at 3am with an 8 ball and surrounded by a damaged, fun loving and minimal judgement crowd than bother with this mess. So disappointing. Makes one wonder why they should bother giving up part of life to generate some resources, opening up the spigot to provide a broader and bette future for your kids and find out you had little impact on their futures while you end up a stump with only tired love left to give.
See Martin, Malcolm
njbill

Post by njbill »

I visited the Wyeth museum in Chadds Ford a few years back. Family was gathering in the area for an Easter dinner since it was centrally located for our gang. Almost as an afterthought, someone suggested we take in the museum while we were there. I had low expectations, just really because I wasn’t paying attention, but was blown away by the museum.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:07 pm

"Even his originals might not be considered true art." is what you wrote.

My issue was due to your reaction to the astute/ironic Glaser statement re Rockwell and then Glaser himself. Then off to the races. Because you didn't like working with him (anecdotal) has no bearing on his revolutionary/iconic/influential work.

I visited MOMA many times while working in NYC and a few times thereafter. I also frequented the Met, Guggenheim, and Whitney. Highlights for me were Picasso/Braque retrospective at MOMA and the Mapplethorp retro at Whitney.

Yes, I've seen The Starry Night more than once. In mid 80s there was a Van Gogh retro at the Met. My buddy's girlfriend was the head of marketing for Con Edison at the time and Con Ed was underwriting the exhibition. She got me in the night before the opening and she and I had the entire exhibition to ourselves. My favorite museum memory.

Again, you should check out the Wyeths. IMO, the fine line between art and illustration is far finer with them than with Rockwell.
N.C Wyeth was a painter and artist LONG before he did work as an illustrator. His son, Andrew was also a painter and artist, and as far as I can discern did little, if any work as an illustrator.

I enjoy all of their work.

As for my quote - you missed the word MIGHT even as you cut and pasted it. Which was my point. ;) Prima facie evidence that this method of attempting to have a discussion is fruitless. Adios gents. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Man, you are Fing ridiculous at times.
Pot, meet kettle. Like you don't stick your nose into threads where no one has addressed you? Please. Only difference is, you're the only one here who whines and complains when anyone dares to post. If you want to talk to one person? PM's are at your disposal. Figure it out. :roll:

And why are you still wasting my time and yours playing this stupid "that's not what I meant" game over and over? And then acting like I'm the problem.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:18 pm

Man, you are Fing ridiculous at times.
Pot, meet kettle. Like you don't stick your nose into threads where no one has addressed you? Please. Only difference is, you're the only one here who whines and complains when anyone dares to post. If you want to talk to one person? PM's are at your disposal. Figure it out. :roll:

And why are you still wasting my time and yours playing this stupid "that's not what I meant" game over and over? And then acting like I'm the problem.
:lol: First of all, nice cut and paste job... who's playing stupid games? Grow up a fan!

Seems to me the only whiner here is you. As suggested earlier, if you don't like my posts, don't read. Certainly don't whine, on and on, about them. So that I don't waste your time again, I'll speak in binary terms only. Otherwise I'll be accused of being "vague." :lol:

BTW, there's plenty of evidence re Biden corruption. I guess if you say there isn't, enough times, you actually believe it. Neat trick.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:25 am Seems to me the only whiner here is you.
Of course it does, my narcissistic friend.

YOU are the one telling when I'm allowed to post, and whining about how "you're not in the same league" isn't an insult.

And now here, you're whining about cutting and pasting so that I address a sentence or idea directly, and cut out stuff that has NOTHING to do with what I'm responding to. Many people use phones here, and this dumb habit of quoting long posts over and over makes the forum unreadable.

And "forgetting" that you whined about the lack of civility, while at the same time, insulting your fellow posters with regularity.

It's the same with you as always: either shut up, and stop with these petty complaints, or (read this carefully) stop doing the things you complain about when other posters do it. Want civility? Be civil. Want to make this new rule of yours where you can't post unless you're directly addressed? Don't "butt in" on a conversation that others are having...which you do ALL THE TIME.

You're the one complaining about how and what I post. The ONLY thing I do is return fire when you're making condescending posts. That's it.

And guess what? If you don't want me to do that? Don't make condescending posts. Another one of your made-up problems will disappear. I've told you this several times, and you ignore what I'm telling you, and then clutch pearls when I use the same condescending tone that you do.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:35 am

YOU are the one telling when I'm allowed to post, and whining about how "you're not in the same league" isn't an insult.

And now here, you're whining about cutting and pasting so that I address a sentence or idea directly, and cut out stuff that has NOTHING to do with what I'm responding to. Many people use phones here, and this dumb habit of quoting long posts over and over makes the forum unreadable.

And "forgetting" that you whined about the lack of civility, while at the same time, insulting your fellow posters with regularity.

It's the same with you as always: either shut up, and stop with these petty complaints, or (read this carefully) stop doing the things you complain about when other posters do it. Want civility? Be civil. Want to make this new rule of yours where you can't post unless you're directly addressed? Don't "butt in" on a conversation that others are having...which you do ALL THE TIME.

You're the one complaining about how and what I post. The ONLY thing I do is return fire when you're making condescending posts. That's it.

And guess what? If you don't want me to do that? Don't make condescending posts. Another one of your made-up problems will disappear. I've told you this several times, and you ignore what I'm telling you, and then clutch pearls when I use the same condescending tone that you do.
👍
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I think this should be a compliant, respectfully, regarding the UI and functionality to the founder and owner because the era of using desktops for internet functions exclusively has sailed on. You’re going to have to live with people using their phones it’s not reverting back to the old way. Get why you do it with your brewing/distilling system but sadly phones are what are used. Until glasses and watches take over.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s a small pond, mediocre sized fish who seems big to the little pool of water situation there. Pretty evident.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:10 pm

👍
My inner Tupac

Five shots couldn’t stop me, I took it and smiled, now I’m ‘bout to set the record straight with my AK I’m still the thug that you love to hate.
See Martin, Malcolm
tech37

Post by tech37 »

What happens if you disagree with or cross the jackals of fanlax :lol:

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/sta ... 4288506348
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:59 am What happens if you disagree with or cross the jackals of fanlax :lol:

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/sta ... 4288506348
True dat!! FLP folks prove everyday on this forum that diversity and tolerance is not all inclusive in their world. 8-)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Get real! Aside from mdlax, Kismet is one of the most condescending posters on here.

You're covering for him just because you like how he takes a sh!t on OS every chance he gets.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:19 am

Get real! Aside from mdlax, Kismet is one of the most condescending posters on here.

You're covering for him just because you like how he takes a sh!t on OS every chance he gets.
They haven't figured out yet that the chit hits the fan and winds up right back in their face. :D
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I'm a big boy and can take care of myself and don't need anyone's help in this regard. As for condescending, you oughta know. ;) Perhaps a bit of anger management might help you out, too. :oops:

Take comfort that the board's resident mostly clueless Einstein agrees with you - he's an expert in name-calling too. :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:02 am

I'm a big boy and can take care of myself and don't need anyone's help in this regard. As for condescending, you oughta know. ;) Perhaps a bit of anger management might help you out, too. :oops:

Take comfort that the board's resident mostly clueless Einstein agrees with you - he's an expert in name-calling too. :oops:
I'm no worse than our commander in chief. His foul mouth and quick temper is well known to his staff. Dumb F**k is what every POTUS should call his own staff. If Joe was consistent with what he has said publicly he needs to fire himself. :D I should be happy that my temperament is right in line with Joe Bidens. :D

Return to “POLITICS”