Johns Hopkins

D1 Womens Lacrosse
hmmm

Re: Johns Hopkins

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:14 pm https://twitter.com/HopkinsLacrosse/sta ... iwEXI-YmPA

Looking serious. Ms. Paris Colgain. One of the highly touted young guns for Hop this year.

If I had one wish for coach Tucker's final season, it would be to finally beat the Terps. That would be a great going away present. And a great opportunity to dust off and amend Vitas Gerulaitis's old line: "Nobody beats the Blue Jays 23 times in a row!" 😂
Hey I know that girl.....
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:23 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:14 pm https://twitter.com/HopkinsLacrosse/sta ... iwEXI-YmPA

Looking serious. Ms. Paris Colgain. One of the highly touted young guns for Hop this year.

If I had one wish for coach Tucker's final season, it would be to finally beat the Terps. That would be a great going away present. And a great opportunity to dust off and amend Vitas Gerulaitis's old line: "Nobody beats the Blue Jays 23 times in a row!" 😂

Hey I know that girl.....
:D :D
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget

Before the big scrap with the Greyhounds.

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/2/1 ... notes.aspx
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:52 pm Before the big scrap with the Greyhounds.

Hop looks ready. Not sure which Hound team will show up...the one that lost 3 years ago at Homewood or the one that seemed ready last year. Tough matchup. Either way, I'll be there, hmmm will be there...maybe we will share a pre/post game adult beverage.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:06 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:52 pm Before the big scrap with the Greyhounds.

Hop looks ready. Not sure which Hound team will show up...the one that lost 3 years ago at Homewood or the one that seemed ready last year. Tough matchup. Either way, I'll be there, hmmm will be there...maybe we will share a pre/post game adult beverage.
That's cool, Doc. Hope youse guys have a good time. Forecast looks overcast, a little breezy and temps around 40. Little chilly but that's nothing if one dresses for it. I'm sure you're both veterans in that area. Made me remember that scheduled game at BU that never happened due to covid. Seems like a lifetime ago. In any event--have fun, and no gettin hammid. (That's how us guys up in Beantown pronounce hammered ;)
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:45 pm

That's cool, Doc. Hope youse guys have a good time. Forecast looks overcast, a little breezy and temps around 40. Little chilly but that's nothing if one dresses for it. I'm sure you're both veterans in that area. Made me remember that scheduled game at BU that never happened due to covid. Seems like a lifetime ago. In any event--have fun, and no gettin hammid. (That's how us guys up in Beantown pronounce hammered ;)
11am start time helps with the hammered part. It's a doubleheader with the Hop/Hounds men's game after the women's game. Should be a fun day at Homewood.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Hop looks ready. Not sure which Hound team will show up...
Doc—you have the reverse jinx methodology down to a fine art. 🤣 Love it. Note: I use it myself from time to time.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:45 am

Doc—you have the reverse jinx methodology down to a fine art. 🤣 Love it. Note: I use it myself from time to time.
no reverse jinx here....from the Loyola preview that you posted on other topic...

"• Under Jen Adams, Loyola is 4-9 in season openers, with two losses being one-goal games.
• This will be the 15th time in the last 16 years that the Greyhounds have opened their season against a nationally ranked opponent. Loyola is 6-12 against ranked foes in a season opener.
• This is the sixth time in program history that Loyola and Hopkins have met in Loyola's season opener. The Greyhounds earned a 7-6 road win in the 1978 opener, but fell to the Blue Jays, 12-8, in the 2017 opener at Ridley Athletic Complex and then 14-11 and 13-11 at Homewood Field in 2018 and 2019, respectively. The Greyhounds won the most recent meeting with the Blue Jays, coming away with a 16-7 win in Loyola's 2020 season opener."
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:40 am

no reverse jinx here....from the Loyola preview that you posted on other topic...

"• Under Jen Adams, Loyola is 4-9 in season openers, with two losses being one-goal games.
• This will be the 15th time in the last 16 years that the Greyhounds have opened their season against a nationally ranked opponent. Loyola is 6-12 against ranked foes in a season opener.
• This is the sixth time in program history that Loyola and Hopkins have met in Loyola's season opener. The Greyhounds earned a 7-6 road win in the 1978 opener, but fell to the Blue Jays, 12-8, in the 2017 opener at Ridley Athletic Complex and then 14-11 and 13-11 at Homewood Field in 2018 and 2019, respectively. The Greyhounds won the most recent meeting with the Blue Jays, coming away with a 16-7 win in Loyola's 2020 season opener."
Interesting—why do you suppose that is?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:11 am

First games I have seen, the team has just looked rusty. The exception was the the 2020 opener when Loyola scrimmaged their alumni the previous week.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:22 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:11 am

First games I have seen, the team has just looked rusty. The exception was the the 2020 opener when Loyola scrimmaged their alumni the previous week.
One would expect/hope that with such an experienced group returning coming out flat wouldn’t be an issue. There certainly seem to be many contributors who are starting their last dance.
OuttaNowhereWregget

JHU has been hitting the skids recently. After starting out 4-1 with wins over 2 ranked opponents, the Blue Jays have lost 4 of their last 5, all to ranked opponents, including yesterday's 12-11 loss to #13 Rutgers where Hop led 9-5 midway through the 3rd quarter. It remains to be seen if Hop can right the ship down the stretch. Undoubtedly the game hosting Maryland next Saturday will be circled on the calendar; and games vs UMBC, at Towson and vs Coastal Carolina will help Tucker's charges to some needed victories, but after that the last 3 games are at NU, vs Ohio St and at Penn St. At this point in the season, it doesn't look like Hop will cause much trouble for other Big 10 foes the rest of the way, regular or postseason. Not looking like a storybook ending for Tucker though that could change with a first time ever win for Hop over Maryland next Saturday. Stranger things have happened. On the whole though--Hop looking more and more like just a marginal team. They play hard, sure--but they lack talent.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Big 10 semifinal - Johns Hopkins vs Maryland

Johns Hopkins gets yet another crack under coach Tucker at breaking through against the Chelonians. Having never defeated the Terps, Hop is way past the Vitas Gerulaitis number. It would be a wondrous sight to behold and worthy of much hoopla, but I don't there's a chance. Maryland has too much left to prove this season to let its guard down. It will probably be ugly. Terps by 6+
OuttaNowhereWregget

The New Era Begins

Feb 12 (Sun) 1:00 pm Albany
Feb 18 (Sat) 3:00 pm @Loyola
Feb 21 (Tue) 4:00 pm Mount St. Mary's
Feb 25 (Sat) 4:00 pm Penn

Mar 1 (Wed) 4:00 pm @Georgetown
Mar 4 (Sat) 11:00 am @Drexel
Mar 7 (Tue) 3:00 pm @Monmouth
Mar 11 (Sat) 1:00 pm @James Madison
Mar 18 (Sat) TBA @Ohio State
Mar 23 (Thu) 4:00 pm Northwestern
Mar 29 (Wed) TBA Stony Brook

Apr 1 (Sat) 11:00 am Rutgers
Apr 5 (Wed) 5:00 pm @Maryland
Apr 13 (Thu) 7:00 pm @Michigan
Apr 18 (Tue) 7:00 pm Towson
Apr 22 (Sat) TBA Penn State
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

I’m concerned that I only see six or seven wins in Coach McC first year. I’m not sure if his 2/3 man offensive concepts will translate to Big10. Will the athletic Big10 defenders stifle his offense? Janine always brought a stellar defense to the pitch.
There is not a Big10 goalie on the roster as of now. I know that he was scouring the portal trying to fill the cage. Doucette was on campus in the Fall. Any word about her plans for her 5th? Her addition would boost the win column.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:04 pm I’m concerned that I only see six or seven wins in Coach McC first year. I’m not sure if his 2/3 man offensive concepts will translate to Big10. Will the athletic Big10 defenders stifle his offense? Janine always brought a stellar defense to the pitch.
There is not a Big10 goalie on the roster as of now. I know that he was scouring the portal trying to fill the cage. Doucette was on campus in the Fall. Any word about her plans for her 5th? Her addition would boost the win column.
Some games could go either way of course--but what do you think of this?

W - Albany
L - @Loyola
W - Mount St. Mary's
W - Penn

W - @Georgetown
W - @Drexel
W - @Monmouth
L - @James Madison
W - @Ohio State
L - Northwestern
L - Stony Brook

L - Rutgers
L - @Maryland
L - @Michigan
W - Towson
W - Penn State

9 - 7
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Incredible campus and lacrosse venue. 2022 Final Four was a sports experience of a lifetime (despite the outcome). Can't help but root for Hopkins to shake up the B1G.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:59 pm [quote=Wheels,Wheels! post_id=417511 time=<a href="tel:1670544292">1670544292</a> user_id=3491]
I’m concerned that I only see six or seven wins in Coach McC first year. I’m not sure if his 2/3 man offensive concepts will translate to Big10. Will the athletic Big10 defenders stifle his offense? Janine always brought a stellar defense to the pitch.

W - Albany
L - @Loyola
W - Mount St. Mary's
W - Penn

W - @Georgetown
W - @Drexel
W - @Monmouth
L - @James Madison
W - @Ohio State
L - Northwestern
L - Stony Brook

L - Rutgers
L - @Maryland
L - @Michigan
W - Towson
W - Penn State

9 - 7
[/quote]

I’d agree with this overall. PSU and OSU should be close games and can go either way. They can possibly hang with Michigan and Rutgers. NU, UMD, SBU, and JMU they most likely will lose. Towson, Penn, Drexel, GT could all my close. I would be surprised but not shocked with a MSM upset, maybe Albany too. Loyola is most likely a loss but we don’t know what the Hounds will look like this year. Monmouth should be easiest game. Difficult schedule for a new coach.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

user1020 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:07 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:59 pm [quote=Wheels,Wheels! post_id=417511 time=<a href="tel:1670544292">1670544292</a> user_id=3491]

W - Albany
L - @Loyola
W - Mount St. Mary's
W - Penn

W - @Georgetown
W - @Drexel
W - @Monmouth
L - @James Madison
W - @Ohio State
L - Northwestern
L - Stony Brook

L - Rutgers
L - @Maryland
L - @Michigan
W - Towson
W - Penn State

9 - 7
I’d agree with this overall. PSU and OSU should be close games and can go either way. They can possibly hang with Michigan and Rutgers. NU, UMD, SBU, and JMU they most likely will lose. Towson, Penn, Drexel, GT could all be close. I would be surprised but not shocked with a MSM upset, maybe Albany too. Loyola is most likely a loss but we don’t know what the Hounds will look like this year. Monmouth should be easiest game. Difficult schedule for a new coach.
[/quote]

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”