Matnum PI

Re: Boston College

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Eagles won't finish in the top 20 with this schedule. I count eight losses here. Of course they could still finish in the T20 with the eight losses provided the RPI and SOS help them along. Anyway--thems my thoughts.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:08 pm I count eight losses here.
As long as the 8 losses are to teams in the Top 19, they may very well be a Top 20 team. The question is, what are the rankings of the teams that they beat. (Which is basically what you're saying re: SOS.)
Caddy Day
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

I’m also considering that if the Eagles finish the season and ACC tournament under .500, it will be a moot point.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:08 pm Eagles won't finish in the top 20 with this schedule. I count eight losses here. Of course they could still finish in the T20 with the eight losses provided the RPI and SOS help them along. Anyway--thems my thoughts.
I see six losses here Cletus. Syracuse twice, ND twice, Duke and UNC. Where are your other two?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:47 pm
Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:08 pm Eagles won't finish in the top 20 with this schedule. I count eight losses here. Of course they could still finish in the T20 with the eight losses provided the RPI and SOS help them along. Anyway--thems my thoughts.
I see six losses here Cletus. Syracuse twice, ND twice, Duke and UNC. Where are your other two?
I figure they'll lose to New Hampshire, that's one...

The group of teams the 2 other losses will come from are Virginia Tech, UMass or Louisville. At Hofstra ain't no easy pickin's either.

But we shall see.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:46 pm But we shall see.
So happy that "we will see". Last season was rough...
Caddy Day
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

It was rough indeed. I would rather have had no season at all than to have a very interesting season developing only to have it shut down and certain players never to be seen from on the field again. 😢

Let’s hope we have a full season that gets more normal as the year progresses, (preferably the “normal” we were experiencing last year, decline of the little turtles included 😉)
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

I agree, having had a sister that played at Syracuse, two games in one weekend at The Dome is sledding uphill...

Joe
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:30 pm It was rough indeed. I would rather have had no season at all than to have a very interesting season developing only to have it shut down and certain players never to be seen from on the field again. 😢

Let’s hope we have a full season that gets more normal as the year progresses, (preferably the “normal” we were experiencing last year, decline of the little turtles included 😉)
👆👆👆👆This
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Who will emerge this year for the Eagles? There have been some good to great recruiting classes we've been told. BC will get an indication as to how the promising recruits do when they get on the field for some real competition in their own conference. In the same way the Cheatriots are now experiencing a dearth with the loss of The Franchise aka Tom Brady, the Eagles will still be recovering this season from the loss of The Three.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:46 pm
I figure they'll lose to New Hampshire, that's one...

The group of teams the 2 other losses will come from are Virginia Tech, UMass or Louisville. At Hofstra ain't no easy pickin's either.

But we shall see.
Was UVA an intentional omission? I'm not sure where to put the Hoos (never am) but I do think they'll be better than BC and VT?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:16 am Was UVA an intentional omission? I'm not sure where to put the Hoos (never am) but I do think they'll be better than BC and VT?
It was for my part. They lost Mueller and I think that’s going to show up in the locker room and on the field. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she transferred. My guess is that she saw the writing on the wall for the next season, that they were not going to seriously compete, which in the case of Virginia is par for the course.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Cletus wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:17 am
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:16 am Was UVA an intentional omission? I'm not sure where to put the Hoos (never am) but I do think they'll be better than BC and VT?
It was for my part. They lost Mueller and I think that’s going to show up in the locker room and on the field. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she transferred. My guess is that she saw the writing on the wall for the next season, that they were not going to seriously compete, which in the case of Virginia is par for the course.
I too think that the Hoos are trending down. They had their version of the big 3 two years ago, but dont seem to have that right now. I could see them losing to VT, Duke, BC, UNC, Cuse. The VT/BC games will likely be very close.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:56 am The VT/BC games will likely be very close.
Agreed--and chippy too, probably.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Feeling even better about my prediction after seeing this...

https://twitter.com/ilwomen/status/1354 ... 98531?s=21
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:42 pm Feeling even better about my prediction after seeing this...

guessing that pretty much confirms that Ivy is sitting out this year. The NCAA is just horrible with leadership in lax - they should come out with guidance that if a conference decides to sit out this year - then players will be granted an extra year of eligibility (can take it at grad school if kid want to play additional year(s)) instead of being completely silent and leaving players in the lurch. They should have also came out and mandated a 10/12 game schedule - no more, no less - and a start date of mid March and allow to run into May. It is ridiculous that some teams will be playing 15 games and some as little as 7. Horrible leadership. Games are scheduled to begin 2/13 and there are some schools that haven't even have their kids back yet and some schools who have gone back are already shut down because of covid outbreaks.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:38 pm
Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:42 pm Feeling even better about my prediction after seeing this...

guessing that pretty much confirms that Ivy is sitting out this year. The NCAA is just horrible with leadership in lax - they should come out with guidance that if a conference decides to sit out this year - then players will be granted an extra year of eligibility (can take it at grad school if kid want to play additional year(s)) instead of being completely silent and leaving players in the lurch. They should have also came out and mandated a 10/12 game schedule - no more, no less - and a start date of mid March and allow to run into May. It is ridiculous that some teams will be playing 15 games and some as little as 7. Horrible leadership. Games are scheduled to begin 2/13 and there are some schools that haven't even have their kids back yet and some schools who have gone back are already shut down because of covid outbreaks.
*2/12
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Cletus wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:43 pm
8meterPA wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:38 pm

*2/12
I stand corrected!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”