Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Essexfenwick

Re: Boston College

Post by Essexfenwick »

This year is wide open.

Whoever gets through with few injuries between UMD , bc, JMU Nw, Syr will take it. UNC is already done
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:01 pm This year is wide open.

Whoever gets through with few injuries between UMD , bc, JMU Nw, Syr will take it. UNC is already done
UNC is already done based on..what exactly? what have you seen from their on field play that leads you to believe they can't beat any of the other top teams? i'd argue they have the most impressive resumes so far. Up there with NU and CUSE.

This year is wide open. Still not convinced BC is a wagon. They're good but not elite until they show me they can string together some wins against better comp. In a season with no dominant team i don't think anyone in the top 15 should be counted out prematurely.
2004wrongisland

Post by 2004wrongisland »

Should be a great game and a preview of the National Championship game. In my opinion , the two teams are a level above the other contenders. I’m interested to see the coaching moves that each team makes. Will BC faceguard Scane and have Scales cover Coykendall ? Will Maddie Taylor go off because she has more room to maneuver ? How does NU slow down a tremendous attack. I’d focus on shutting down Mckenna Davis who as a lefty distributor, feeds stud rightys. I think Martello and Clark are two of the best off ball players in the college ranks. And , of course , how will the goalies, the most important players in the field play?
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

Prediction:
Northwestern 15, Boston College 12
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Today's game is scheduled to be played outdoors at the Newton Campus field. Question, are fans allowed to attend the games that are held in Fish Field House?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:11 am

UNC is already done based on..what exactly? what have you seen from their on field play that leads you to believe they can't beat any of the other top teams? i'd argue they have the most impressive resumes so far. Up there with NU and CUSE.
It was a new rule implemented this year. If you lose your first game of the year in OT on the road to a top 10 team, you're automatically ineligible for the NCAA tournament. Sorry, rules are rules.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:00 am

It was a new rule implemented this year. If you lose your first game of the year in OT on the road to a top 10 team, you're automatically ineligible for the NCAA tournament. Sorry, rules are rules.
Not sure why the UNC kids are even playing and risking injury at this point. Just pack it in.

Love how EFW includes Maryland in his group of teams who aren't just engaged in the futile act of playing out the season.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:21 am

Not sure why the UNC kids are even playing and risking injury at this point. Just pack it in.

Love how EFW includes Maryland in his group of teams who aren't just engaged in the futile act of playing out the season.
Haven't you heard? MD has won 15 national championships! Everyone wants to wear the MD flag and play for the royalty of women's lacrosse!
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

2004wrongisland wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:53 am Should be a great game and a preview of the National Championship game. In my opinion , the two teams are a level above the other contenders. I’m interested to see the coaching moves that each team makes. Will BC faceguard Scane and have Scales cover Coykendall ? Will Maddie Taylor go off because she has more room to maneuver ? How does NU slow down a tremendous attack. I’d focus on shutting down Mckenna Davis who as a lefty distributor, feeds stud rightys. I think Martello and Clark are two of the best off ball players in the college ranks. And , of course , how will the goalies, the most important players in the field play?
I love Martello's game. Her dad is one of the best people and was a great defenseman at Rutgers. As a club player, she was coached by the Syracuse legend Pat McCabe.

I coached against her in HS and just knew she would be a stud in college. Her inside game is incredible, she just is so reliable to catch feeds inside and she put it in the back of the net. She has put up 129 goals in her career including 61 last year.
whyamihere

Post by whyamihere »

hmmm wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:31 am

Haven't you heard? MD has won 15 national championships! Everyone wants to wear the MD flag and play for the royalty of women's lacrosse!
i just read from the NCAA that if BC wins today over NW the 2024 season will be deemed complete and BC will be declared the National Champion.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

whyamihere wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:39 pm

i just read from the NCAA that if BC wins today over NW the 2024 season will be deemed complete and BC will be declared the National Champion.
I thought the next four seasons were already cancelled when Chloe Humphrey stepped foot in Chapel Hill last fall :lol: :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jff97 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:13 pm

I thought the next four seasons were already cancelled when Chloe Humphrey stepped foot in Chapel Hill last fall :lol: :lol:
She’s injured. This is the sole reason they are playing this year.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:29 pm

Guess its just rolls over to 2025 then.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

jff97 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:02 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:29 pm

Guess its just rolls over to 2025 then.
Yikes Weeks just got roasted on the goal by NU.
Wish I could mute North's voice and just listen to Sheehan. Her voice just hurts my ears.
BC D looks a few steps behind.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:52 am Prediction:
Close enough!
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

R you forgetting the fact UNC has so much other offensive players too, their depth was elite which helps them deal with injuries.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:52 am Prediction:
Wow--you nailed that one.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

TNLAX wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:58 am Today's game is scheduled to be played outdoors at the Newton Campus field. Question, are fans allowed to attend the games that are held in Fish Field House?
ixnay. All games played in the field house are "Closed to the public".
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

uncfan1013 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:05 pm

R you forgetting the fact UNC has so much other offensive players too, their depth was elite which helps them deal with injuries.
Sorry, you appear to have misunderstood my sarcastic reply to the earlier post, which said that "UNC is already done" -- after three games. Having said that, I think Notre Dame will give them all and maybe more than UNC can handle. The point is trajectory: can your team improve through the year and peak in May. UNC can do that.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Anyone else find themselves wondering where BC would be this season without 4 transfers, 3 of whom are in the starting lineup and one who contributes significant minutes off the bench? Was the last really excellent top-to-bottom recruiting class for BC was the BIG THREE, headed by now Dartmouth coach Alex McFadden (Frank). Thoughts?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”