PRO Pot

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Bart

Re: PRO Pot

Post by Bart »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:34 am
Bart wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:25 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 am
Bart wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:05 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:29 am couldn't really give the Northern Lights is full due last nite, so an early taste revealed wonderful effects. the "dance" should be a good won, feel no pain ! Very relaxed and euphoric.

always have to account for only having coffee, great bakery after the "dance".

Wing Jeet Russ cawta
Interesting stuff. Thanks. Noticed you grew two hybrids and a 100% indica. Ever grow a pure sativa? Any reason to go with the hybrids other than characteristics on the seed site?
Plenty......Durban Poison . Buddy does his own "breeding" with the classic. At this point, Durban is exciting as seeing dogfish head 90 or any Harpoon product at the local bar as the only "craft" beer options......pedestrian.
Huh. Interesting. I guess I’d have to search for something to fit my Genny Lite tastes.
Like many edibles or ingestables, it IS a preference of tastes......and sometimes moods. Certainly, what you ingested, prior, matters to the taste, flavor, etc.

After getting covid, my taste, and smell.....are like the 6 million dollar man......better. Not always the greatest thing.....but for bud smoking or chocolate making.......
The edibles seem to have a greater variation in taste and effect (seems that not all 5 mg THC is the same?) than the buds. I could be wrong but one never knows exactly what "hybrid" is actually used to produce them( that would be my guess)?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:00 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:34 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:29 am couldn't really give the Northern Lights is full due last nite, so an early taste revealed wonderful effects. the "dance" should be a good won, feel no pain ! Very relaxed and euphoric.

Wing Jeet Russ cawta
Interesting stuff. Thanks. Noticed you grew two hybrids and a 100% indica. Ever grow a pure sativa? Any reason to go with the hybrids other than characteristics on the seed site?
Plenty......Durban Poison . Buddy does his own "breeding" with the classic. At this point, Durban is exciting as seeing dogfish head 90 or any Harpoon product at the local bar as the only "craft" beer options......pedestrian.
Huh. Interesting. I guess I’d have to search for something to fit my Genny Lite tastes.
Like many edibles or ingestables, it IS a preference of tastes......and sometimes moods. Certainly, what you ingested, prior, matters to the taste, flavor, etc.

After getting covid, my taste, and smell.....are like the 6 million dollar man......better. Not always the greatest thing.....but for bud smoking or chocolate making.......
The edibles seem to have a greater variation in taste and effect (seems that not all 5 mg THC is the same?) than the buds. I could be wrong but one never knows exactly what "hybrid" is actually used to produce them( that would be my guess)?
Skip the ones that list fentanyl as an ingredient.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bart wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:25 am Huh. Interesting. I guess I’d have to search for something to fit my Genny Lite tastes.
Yes, this is a bit of a "problem" in that the objective seems to be the more potent the better.
A Keystone Light is nice, I don't want shots of Wild Turkey. Sativa is definitely a nice "Light"
as compared to Indica (for me anyway).
Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:30 pm
Bart wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:25 am Huh. Interesting. I guess I’d have to search for something to fit my Genny Lite tastes.
Yes, this is a bit of a "problem" in that the objective seems to be the more potent the better.
A Keystone Light is nice, I don't want shots of Wild Turkey. Sativa is definitely a nice "Light"
I'm glad you said that. I've heard the same thing from a "friend" ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Bart wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:37 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:30 pm
I'm glad you said that. I've heard the same thing from a "friend" ;)
Best check the IP address, PI ;) :lol: ....again :oops:

Haven't thought through the math yet, fello rollers........spent an awesome day in Central Mass. sampling CHEMDAWG (whose ready for some BOOFEST laxCLUB....in THIRTY degree weather :roll: .......no where good to eat ) and the remaining foliage is wonderful. COLD......

chemdawg, another hybrid, with 45% sativa & Indica @ 55%.........THC tests coming back next week.

THC....the booze ABV. equavilent, no? Keystone lite at, 4% booze......wild turkey at 40% (??) Ten times more. THC products don't have that great of a difference/range. ......do they?

so, it IS not the size that matters, alone and in this case milligrams (mg)...it IS the THC content to go along with it.

Most smokeables range in THC 15 to 25% range, with the avg. of the market at 20%. our harvest rub (hash) tested in the 60% range, two years ago.....and THAT stuff gets better, and better looking, with age. YUP........on a pin under a glass is still the best way to enjoy it.....also COVID safe, as your saliva never touches anything...hopefully. Anyway, most legal commercial sales peak at 75% thc, and that is for vape type use. So, what is that, 3 or 4 to 1 ratio, thc Joint to vape stuff, versus 4% to 40% for the booze. Doubt even the most savage of drinkers could match beer to shot.......but, pretty sure most "

With this unpoorly righten........oh boy, gotta lift right now.....anyway, for moi, IF exercising....30mg to 40 mg will last 3-4 hours (weigh 170lbs) a mild high.

Make great oil out of the remaing plant......slowcook for 12 hours.....cheese cloth and a bench vise.............strain. use for making your own chocalates, brownies....on toast, pasta, it's an lipid that , in most kitchens, will stay like lard/firm........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWcTp1r_Nls

Not ONE case of an overdose death from THC...not one,,,,,anywhere in the world........and it grows for free.

Cannabis Hall sounds WAY better than Sakler Hall, dont ya think...............but Harvard IS divesting. :roll: :roll: :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

A bit of a downer for Mary Jane users. Growing concern about the environment weed is grown in, as it is very effective at picking up heavy metals like lead, mercury, cadmium, chromium, etc. The metals end up in the parts of the plant where THC is concentrated.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Wing Jeet Russ cawta
I am with you Bart. Thinking fondly back to the 70's and cruising around Loch Raven Reservoir with a car full of guys, passing a pipe of Mexican weed that was so weak it would be dismissed out of hand today. Somewhere between that "rag" weed and today's turbo charged, engineered pot is something you could enjoy if you were taking a break from beer or bourbon. I've only had a few edibles in San Diego and maybe it's not having that aroma of a lit joint, but it isn't the same.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Bart

Post by Bart »

get it to x wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:46 am

Wing Jeet Russ cawta
I am with you Bart. Thinking fondly back to the 70's and cruising around Loch Raven Reservoir with a car full of guys, passing a pipe of Mexican weed that was so weak it would be dismissed out of hand today. Somewhere between that "rag" weed and today's turbo charged, engineered pot is something you could enjoy if you were taking a break from beer or bourbon. I've only had a few edibles in San Diego and maybe it's not having that aroma of a lit joint, but it isn't the same.
Agreed. I will say that one thing the gummies help with are the funny looks from neighbors as you sit out back and "enjoy nature". Even with the use being legal in my part fo the world people still seem to be taken back by it somewhat.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Positive Drug Tests Among U.S. Workers Hit Two-Decade High

Fewer employers tested applicants for marijuana last year than in 2020 as companies grappled with nationwide labor shortages

Will FeuerUpdated March 30, 2022 8:32 am ET

In the U.S., 18 states plus the District of Columbia have legalized recreational use of marijuana.
Photo: Steve Helber/Associated Press
The percentage of working Americans testing positive for drugs hit a two-decade high last year, driven by an increase in positive marijuana tests, as businesses might have loosened screening policies amid nationwide labor shortages.

Of the more than six million general workforce urine tests that Quest Diagnostics Inc., one of the country’s largest drug-testing laboratories, screened for marijuana last year, 3.9% came back positive, an increase of more than 8% from 2020, according to Quest’s annual drug-testing index.

That figure is up 50% since 2017. Since then, the number of states that legalized marijuana for recreational use grew to 18 from eight, plus the District of Columbia.

Despite the increase in positivity last year, fewer companies tested their employees for THC, the substance in marijuana primarily responsible for its effects, than in recent years, said Barry Sample, Quest’s senior science consultant.

Newsletter Sign-up

Grapevine

A weekly look at our most colorful, thought-provoking and original feature stories on the business of life.

The shifting legal backdrop and changing cultural attitudes have prompted some employers to stop testing for marijuana while companies in some states are barred from factoring the test results into hiring decisions, according to Dr. Sample. And those trends accelerated last year amid the recent shortage of workers, especially in states where recreational marijuana is legal, Dr. Sample added.

“We’ve been seeing year-over-year declines in those recreational-use states, but by far the largest drop we’ve ever seen was in 2021,” he said about the number of drug tests that screened for THC.

Cannabis Industry Faces Obstacles to Banking, but That May Be Changing
Cannabis companies in the U.S. lack access to banking and other financial services because the drug is federally illegal. That could change through new legislation or thanks to broader legalization efforts backed by the Democratically-controlled Senate. Photo Illustration: Laura Kammermann
The percentage of specimens tested for THC declined 6.7% nationwide in 2021 from 2020, while that figure fell by 10.3% in states where recreational marijuana is legal, according to Quest’s data.

“We certainly heard from some of our employer customers that they were having difficulty finding qualified workers to pass the drug test,” Dr. Sample said of pre-employment tests for THC, especially in states where use of the drug is legal.

Overall, the proportion of U.S. workers who tested positive for the various drugs Quest screened for in 2021 rose to 4.6%, the highest level since 2001, according to Quest, which analyzed nearly nine million overall urine tests last year on behalf of employers.

That percentage is more than 31% higher than the low of 3.5% a decade ago, in the early days of a resurgent heroin epidemic in the U.S.

In Michigan, where recreational marijuana was legalized in 2018, many employers didn’t loosen their requirements on pre-employment drug tests for a few years, according to Tammy Turner, co-owner of Kapstone Employment Services, a Detroit-based staffing agency.

But during the pandemic and the related labor shortages, Kapstone, which works mostly with manufacturers that supply the Big Three car makers, encouraged regional employers to loosen their THC-screening policies for many positions.

“So many of our clients were adamant, in pre-Covid, that they would not accept anyone that could not pass a drug test, even if it was THC,” Ms. Turner said. “We had to encourage some of them to reassess their policy, and they did, and we were able to fill many of those jobs as a result.”

Customers purchase marijuana supplies at a store in New York, which legalized recreational use of the drug in 2021.
Photo: kena betancur/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images
For certain positions, such as those that involve heavy machinery, Kapstone still screens applicants for THC and other drugs, as required by the federal government, said Kerry Buffington, co-owner of the company.

Ms. Buffington and Ms. Turner said they don’t see any of the companies they work with reverting to their pre-pandemic hiring standards even if the labor shortage eases.

Marijuana use has become so casual among some young workers that Ms. Turner said some potential workers have shown up to her office smelling like the drug, and one worker who was placed by Kapstone got fired after using a vape pen in the workplace. The firm has had to counsel some workers on what is appropriate at work, Ms. Turner added.

In the hospitality industry, many employers had already stopped screening potential employees for drugs, including marijuana, before the pandemic, according to one representative for a hotel management company with operations across the country, including in Georgia, Minnesota and Colorado.

The representative said their company along with several of their industry peers stopped conducting pre-employment drug tests in the past five years because of the associated expenses and evolving legal landscape.

Chris Layden, senior vice president at staffing firm ManpowerGroup, said the elimination of marijuana screening is one of the most common ways companies are seeking to expand their pool of eligible workers. ManpowerGroup estimated that drug testing eliminates about 5% of candidates.

ManpowerGroup is seeing companies across nearly all industries, except for financial services and federally regulated businesses, eliminate marijuana testing requirements, Mr. Layden said.

Michelle Bearden, chief risk and operating officer for Houston-based staffing and recruiting firm Link Staffing Services Inc., said she has yet to see a strong reason why Link Staffing should move to loosen pre-employment marijuana screenings before the federal government does. She acknowledged the job market has been tight during the pandemic, but said she doesn’t think nixing THC screenings is a good solution.

“[Marijuana] is still on the federal list of prohibited substances, and that is what our policies are driven by at this point,” she said. “If I see that there is an overwhelming reason or cause for us to change ahead of that, we will.”

In Texas, Link Staffing, which mostly hires for the manufacturing and distribution sectors in the Dallas and Houston areas, has made some concessions to fill open roles amid the labor shortage, including by easing background-check requirements, Ms. Bearden said.

And while it can still be tough to fill open roles, Link Staffing and the employers it works with still view marijuana use as a deal breaker.

“We employ people in safety-sensitive jobs, and I think your employers that operate workplaces with high safety concerns—it may still be part of what they view as a hazard in the workplace, for people to be under the influence of anything,” Ms. Bearden said.

Write to Will Feuer at [email protected]
See Martin, Malcolm
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Americans overwhelmingly say marijuana should be legal for recreational or medical use
By Ted Van Green
Fewer than 10% of U.S. adults say marijuana should not be legal at all

As more states, including Virginia and New York, continue to legalize marijuana, an overwhelming share of U.S. adults (91%) say either that marijuana should be legal for medical and recreational use (60%) or that it should be legal for medical use only (31%). Fewer than one-in-ten (8%) say marijuana should not be legal for use by adults.

The new survey, conducted by Pew Research Center from April 5-11, 2021, comes as congressional Democrats consider legislation that would decriminalize marijuana nationally. Views of marijuana legalization have changed very little since 2019.
How we did this

A separate question that asks whether the use of marijuana should be made legal – without specifying for recreational or medical uses – has shown a steep, long-term rise in support for legalization. From 2000 to 2019, the share of Americans saying marijuana should be legal more than doubled.

There have long been age and partisan differences in views about marijuana, and that remains the case today. Very few adults of any age are completely opposed to the legalization of marijuana. However, older adults are far less likely than young people to favor marijuana legalization for recreational use.
Majorities across age groups – except 75 and older – say marijuana should be legal for medical and recreational uses

This is particularly the case among adults ages 75 and older: Just 32% say marijuana should be legal for recreational and medical use, by far the lowest share for any age category and 21 percentage points lower than adults in the next-oldest age group, those ages 65 to 74 (53% of whom say it should be legal for both recreational and medical use).

Among younger adults, there is wider support for legalization for medical and recreational uses, including 70% of adults under age 30.

Republicans are more wary than Democrats about legalizing marijuana for recreational use: 47% of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents favor legalizing marijuana for both medical and recreational use, while an additional 40% say it should only be legal for medical use. By comparison, 72% of Democrats and Democratic leaners say marijuana should be legal for both medical and recreational use, and an additional 23% say it should be legal for medical use only.

Ideological differences are evident within each party. About four-in-ten conservative Republicans (39%) say marijuana should be legal for medical and recreational use, compared with a 60% majority of moderate and liberal Republicans.

Nearly two-thirds of conservative and moderate Democrats (63%) say marijuana should be legal for medical and recreational use. An overwhelming majority of liberal Democrats (82%) say the same.

There also are racial and ethnic differences in views of legalizing marijuana. About two-thirds of White (63%) and Black (65%) adults say marijuana should be legal for medical and recreational use, compared with smaller shares of Hispanic (52%) and Asian adults (43%).

While both Republicans and Democrats differ greatly on whether marijuana should be legal for medical and recreational use, there are also age divides within each party.
Republicans ages 65 and older far less likely than younger Republicans to support legalizing marijuana for medical and recreational use

A 63% majority of Republicans ages 18 to 29 favor making marijuana legal for recreational and medical use, compared with 53% of those ages 30 to 49 and 48% of those 50 to 64. However, only about a quarter of Republicans 65 and older (27%) say marijuana should be legal for both.

Still, wide majorities of Republicans in all age groups favor legalizing marijuana for medical use. Even among Republicans 65 and older, just 12% say the use of marijuana should not be legal.

While majorities of Democrats and Democratic leaners across all age groups support legalizing marijuana for medical and recreational use, older Democrats are less likely to say this. About three-quarters of Democrats ages 18 to 29 (78%) favor legalizing marijuana for both medical and recreational use, while 64% of those 65 and older say the same. Roughly equal shares of Democrats ages 30 to 49 (73%) and 50 to 64 (70%) say marijuana should be legalized for medical and recreational use.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Democratic House just passed a Federal MaryJane legalization bill. Off to the Senate now. Only 3 republiCONs voted for the bill.

Recent polling (shown above) has 72% of democrats in favor and only 47% of republiCONs. Probably going to be hard to get the republiCON Senate support necessary to turn it into law.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seems like a waste of time and resources.
See Martin, Malcolm
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

A proposed step backwards from Youngkin in Virginia:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... in-delta8/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Marijuana is the reason for mass shootings. RepubliCONs are such scumbags. Throw any old sh*t against the wall.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Not Pot related. But sad story. Toxic alcohols to blame?

https://www.aol.com/news/terrible-scene ... 58232.html
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 pm Not Pot related. But sad story. Toxic alcohols to blame?

https://www.aol.com/news/terrible-scene ... 58232.html
No. No way that happens with straight ethanol. If you mean was the booze spiked....sure, anything's possible.
DMac

Post by DMac »

As long as Pro Pot has made it back to the front page, here's a little update on recreational marijuana in NYS.
Closing in on a year into legalization.

Is recreational marijuana legal in New York?
Using it is now legal. Selling it will be legal too, once regulations are in place.
No stores open yet, must be getting those regulations in place is a daunting task the likes of which is just too much of a mind phukk for our legislatures to figure all out. Phukking up an iron ball comes to mind.
Still on the Sched 1 list too...hey, I wonder if the SCOTUS Justices will reverse legalization, plenty of verbiage in there pull that off.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Someone please tell me how this retired Police Captain is wrong.
Sure falls right in line with the way I think.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... zing+drugs

Return to “POLITICS”