PRO Pot

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: PRO Pot

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:27 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:57 pm US drug control agency will move to reclassify marijuana in a historic shift, AP sources say

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will move to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous drug, The Associated Press has learned, a historic shift to generations of American drug policy that could have wide ripple effects across the country.

[...]

It comes after President Joe Biden called for a review of federal marijuana law in October 2022 and moved to pardon thousands of Americans convicted federally of simple possession of the drug. He has also called on governors and local leaders to take similar steps to erase marijuana convictions.

Another win for Joe. Still have a ways to go, but we certainly wouldn't have gotten this with the other guy.
So does that finally mean that the DoT will no longer pee test A and B drivers for pot anymore? DoT hard core policy was if you pee dirty you can't drive a rig anymore. Pot may be legal but I would be stunned to see the DoT change their zero tolerance standards.
How are they on booze? Cell phone usage?

I'm looking forward to autonomous trucks. Already in testing in Tejas, among other places.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:57 pm US drug control agency will move to reclassify marijuana in a historic shift, AP sources say

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will move to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous drug, The Associated Press has learned, a historic shift to generations of American drug policy that could have wide ripple effects across the country.

[...]

It comes after President Joe Biden called for a review of federal marijuana law in October 2022 and moved to pardon thousands of Americans convicted federally of simple possession of the drug. He has also called on governors and local leaders to take similar steps to erase marijuana convictions.

Another win for Joe. Still have a ways to go, but we certainly wouldn't have gotten this with the other guy.
About freaking time. As I've said before, it's flat out dangerous to have States ignore Federal law.

That, and it's stupid that this is still illegal in 2024.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 pm

[...]

So does that finally mean that the DoT will no longer pee test A and B drivers for pot anymore? DoT hard core policy was if you pee dirty you can't drive a rig anymore. Pot may be legal but I would be stunned to see the DoT change their zero tolerance standards.

I'm looking forward to autonomous trucks. Already in testing in Tejas, among other places.
Booze you can pick up in BAC. Pot can stay in your system for weeks. You can test positive for pot and not be under the influence. At Coca-Cola we were normally tested twice a year. All testing was done at random.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 pm

[...]

Autonomous trucks should scare everyone. That is not so much because of technology. It is about physics and stupid people that drive cars. The close calls that I had while driving normally involved people cutting in front of me with no signal.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Will say once again, the handling of pot, the long term war, Sched 1, and the whole schidtshow that went along with it's illegality ranks real high on the list of craziest things I've ever seen. Name me a movie that has had a greater effect on this country than Refer Madness. A fabricated lie, perpetuated for generations that caused a whole lot of damage.
A half century late. Now the business can operate on a level playing field.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/30/economy/ ... index.html
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:29 pm Will say once again, the handling of pot, the long term war, Sched 1, and the whole schidtshow that went along with it's illegality ranks real high on the list of craziest things I've ever seen. Name me a movie that has had a greater effect on this country than Refer Madness. A fabricated lie, perpetuated for generations that caused a whole lot of damage.
A half century late. Now the business can operate on a level playing field.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/30/economy/ ... index.html
Pretty comprehensive history here:

https://origins.osu.edu/article/illegal ... _entity=en
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”