Lancaster PA Anyone?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Unknown Participant

Lancaster PA Anyone?

Post by Unknown Participant »

How about that? A man wielding a knife and pretty clearly trying to stab, kill or otherwise maim a police officer, who was responding to a call that the man was threatening his mother with said knife, is shot (in self defense). BLM protesters gather, riot, start fires, etc.

Explain to me how that works.
kramerica.inc

Re: Lancaster PA Anyone?

Post by kramerica.inc »

Expecting anything they do to make sense is your error.

This group isn’t exactly Mensa.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

"pretty clearly trying to stab, kill or otherwise maim a police officer"

Really? You were there? You saw it happen?

No? But yet you're sure that the officer had NO OTHER CHOICE but to use deadly force?

In much of the civilized world, the police respond to calls like this WITHOUT FIREARMS. And yet somehow life in those places goes on.

Your absolute conviction, with minimal evidence, that the police got it right in being judge, jury, and EXECUTIONER: this is what brings on the protests.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

At what point has the system failed society? From the news...https://6abc.com/ricardo-munoz-lancaste ... y/6421618/

Authorities did not immediately explain why an officer was dispatched, although Munoz was facing four counts of aggravated assault after he was accused last year of stabbing four people, including a 16-year-old boy in the face, following a fight.

What would you have done CU77, if you were the social worker called to this situation?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU77 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 am "pretty clearly trying to stab, kill or otherwise maim a police officer"

No? But yet you're sure that the officer had NO OTHER CHOICE but to use deadly force?

In much of the civilized world, the police respond to calls like this WITHOUT FIREARMS. And yet somehow life in those places goes on.

Your absolute conviction, with minimal evidence, that the police got it right in being judge, jury, and EXECUTIONER: this is what brings on the protests.

Is it possible that CU77 isn’t aware that the officer video was posted immediately, PRECISELY to avoid the Democratic mayhem? Should anyone not aware that these vids are released immediately be allowed to vote?

Here CU, tell Us how you’d have responded since you obviously have better judgment than line cops:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/13 ... 71680?s=21

Also, your newest Democratic martyr has had quite the troubled history stabbing people, even stabbing 4 people with one incident.

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/13 ... 64387?s=21

C5B33F25-66C1-4CEF-BB6E-DAEBCAD2B3FE.jpeg
C5B33F25-66C1-4CEF-BB6E-DAEBCAD2B3FE.jpeg (75.55 KiB) Viewed 1743 times

Democrats are dumb, ignorant, and a threat to your safety.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Well, 77 may very well have acted sanely and intelligently, maybe by taking six of his big friends with him on the call, several of whom would 've been social workers and mental health workers, you know, with the money they saved by de-funding the armed cowboys that often respond to these types of situations.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 am Well, 77 may very well have acted sanely and intelligently, maybe by taking six of his big friends with him on the call, several of whom would 've been social workers and mental health workers, you know, with the money they saved by de-funding the armed cowboys that often respond to these types of situations.

The cop did just that...up and until he was about to be stabbed. Interesting comment under the picture...from the link

A man runs behind a police officer before being shot in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US, in this still image taken from a body camera footage [Lancaster City Police Department via Reuters]

How does the photo get captured if he runs behind him and the camera is on the cops chest? Maybe the cop had no idea he was coming then when he turned this is what he saw. I bet a social worker would be in the morgue right now.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 am
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 am Well, 77 may very well have acted sanely and intelligently, maybe by taking six of his big friends with him on the call, several of whom would 've been social workers and mental health workers, you know, with the money they saved by de-funding the armed cowboys that often respond to these types of situations.

The cop did just that...up and until he was about to be stabbed. Interesting comment under the picture...from the link

A man runs behind a police officer before being shot in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US, in this still image taken from a body camera footage [Lancaster City Police Department via Reuters]

How does the photo get captured if he runs behind him and the camera is on the cops chest? Maybe the cop had no idea he was coming then when he turned this is what he saw. I bet a social worker would be in the morgue right now.

As would every Democrat on this board and elsewhere (Ed Markey anyone?) who always seem to know better than line cops...always.

I pray that you could spend one day in a cops' shoes...just one day. Then come back here and tell the world how easy they have it. Disslaxx, MD, and the usual suspects here think all cops do is attend Roland Park/McDonogh girls lacrosse games and eat snowcones with the girls' moms. That's because none of them have had one second's experience with the nihilist nutjobs that inhabit every city in America, and he only thing between them and these nutcases is the police.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

CU77 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 am "pretty clearly trying to stab, kill or otherwise maim a police officer"

Ironic as I don’t seem to recall you using the same language in other incidents discussed here regarding high profile police citizen interactions. You weren’t there for those, yet you and others with “absolute conviction” claim the cops got it wrong.
Unknown Participant

You're kidding right? I'm assuming you did not see the whole vid. In any event, this guy, who was known to police as having stabbed 4 persons in the past, comes boiling out of his house waving a pretty GD big knife around and starts chasing the cop down the sidewalk still waving that knife.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

People attack police from behind with knives and are surprised/upset that they get shot?
How would ANY citizen react to this situation?
Either defend yourself or be a victim.
I am not a fan of police unions as they protect the bad cops.
But this cop made a good decision in this case. More so when you hear the attacker has a history of stabbing people in the face.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 am People attack police from behind with knives and are surprised/upset that they get shot?
How would ANY citizen react to this situation?
Either defend yourself or be a victim.
I am not a fan of police unions as they protect the bad cops.
But this cop made a good decision in this case. More so when you hear the attacker has a history of stabbing people in the face.

The only takeaway you can have from CU77's post is he'd prefer the cop die. Many Democrats absolutely feel that way. Look at Ed Markey's comment yesterday. Look how this elected Democrat reacted to two cops being executed in LA:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... hickens-c/

His town council had to disavow his comments:

https://twitter.com/MyLynwoodca/status/ ... 23264?s=20

I'd love to hear CU77's side if he feels differently than the City of Lynwood's City Manager; was he unaware of the video?
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Lancanster’s own, Manheim Township Blue Streaks become first team outside of Philly to win Pennsylvania State Championship.

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/ ... c20a8.html

https://images.app.goo.gl/5mYv34fyp6tfC8bCA
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:51 am

You're kidding right? I'm assuming you did not see the whole vid. In any event, this guy, who was known to police as having stabbed 4 persons in the past, comes boiling out of his house waving a pretty GD big knife around and starts chasing the cop down the sidewalk still waving that knife.
I did not see the video before posting. You did not link to it. Having seen it, the officer's actions seem justified to this layman.

I have not seen a clear statement that the video was posted BEFORE the protests began. That would be extremely unusual; look how long it took to get bodycam footage from the Floyd case. If the Lancaster police did post it BEFORE the protests, good for them; that should be standard practice nationwide.
Unknown Participant

CU77 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:18 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:51 am

I did not see the video before posting. You did not link to it. Having seen it, the officer's actions seem justified to this layman.

I have not seen a clear statement that the video was posted BEFORE the protests began. That would be extremely unusual; look how long it took to get bodycam footage from the Floyd case. If the Lancaster police did post it BEFORE the protests, good for them; that should be standard practice nationwide.
I appreciate that you think the cop acted justifiably.

The video (based on my understanding) was posted before the rioting occurred, in fact, I think the rioting was based on the vid.

I did not even know of the matter until I saw the vid on the web, after it was posted. I think you called me out without knowing anything about the facts. The rioters just rioted and it seems like you assumed cops wrong rioters/BLM good. Especially your assertion about "minimal evidence." That was really, really good evidence in my view (having gotten an "A" in evidence after all in LS (although not a litigator)).
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

Video was released immediately, in time to make the news cycle. That was the lead for all the local news shows here in Philly.

Just for the record AS, the City of Lancaster and Manheim Township, while both in Lancaster County, are two very, very different places.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:35 pm I did not even know of the matter until I saw the vid on the web, after it was posted. I think you called me out without knowing anything about the facts.
You made statements without presenting evidence (no link to the video, or any news source), to which I reacted. My reaction was based on the recent number of killings/shootings by police that turn out to be minimally justified (at best). Usually it takes time for this evidence to come forth, so I assumed that would be true here as well; that was wrong.
Unknown Participant

CU77 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:35 pm I did not even know of the matter until I saw the vid on the web, after it was posted. I think you called me out without knowing anything about the facts.
You made statements without presenting evidence (no link to the video, or any news source), to which I reacted. My reaction was based on the recent number of killings/shootings by police that turn out to be minimally justified (at best). Usually it takes time for this evidence to come forth, so I assumed that would be true here as well; that was wrong.
I assumed you were astute enough to learn some basic facts before posting. My mistake.

By minimally justified you mean (i) the guy that resisted arrest and then stole and shot a taser at the cop or (ii) the guy that resisted arrest (after stealing from a woman he previously assaulted and stole from and who called the cops on him (#metoo)) and then walked through an attempt to control him physically and then a taser shot or two and tried to get in a car with kids with a knife. Is that what you mean?

How about the guy that walked up to the (white) 5 yr old on a bike and shot him to death not too long ago? Or the attempted assassination of two cops a couple days ago? How do you feel about that?

To consider point (i) in the second para. above further ... some have said that he should have been allowed to go to his GF's house not too far away. He was impaired according to the cop. This country has undergone a massive campaign over the last half a century or so to reduce DUI/DWI for many, many good reasons. Should the cop have let an impaired person go so he/she can live to drive while impaired again, based on race? A slippery slope indeed.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:31 pm
CU77 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 pm
I assumed you were astute enough to learn some basic facts before posting. My mistake.

By minimally justified you mean (i) the guy that resisted arrest and then stole and shot a taser at the cop or (ii) the guy that resisted arrest (after stealing from a woman he previously assaulted and stole from and who called the cops on him (#metoo)) and then walked through an attempt to control him physically and then a taser shot or two and tried to get in a car with kids with a knife. Is that what you mean?

How about the guy that walked up to the (white) 5 yr old on a bike and shot him to death not too long ago? Or the attempted assassination of two cops a couple days ago? How do you feel about that?

To consider point (i) in the second para. above further ... some have said that he should have been allowed to go to his GF's house not too far away. He was impaired according to the cop. This country has undergone a massive campaign over the last half a century or so to reduce DUI/DWI for many, many good reasons. Should the cop have let an impaired person go so he/she can live to drive while impaired again, based on race? A slippery slope indeed.

+1

Return to “POLITICS”