New FO Rules

HS Boys Lacrosse
Unknown Participant

New FO Rules

Post by Unknown Participant »

When should we expect to hear from the HS rules committee about conforming to the new college FO rule?

Thx
Carroll81

Re: New FO Rules

Post by Carroll81 »

Would be in the 2021 rules at the earliest. They start taking comments in the fall and publish the rules in January,
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

NCAA first has to finalize and ratify the proposed change for them. That is in July. I would hope HS follows whatever NCAA does either way.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Surfs_Up wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:15 pm NCAA first has to finalize and ratify the proposed change for them. That is in July. I would hope HS follows whatever NCAA does either way.
NFHS had not adopted many of the last set of NCAA changes - shot clock among others - would not expect them to move on any of these immediately either
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

This one is different than the clock. I would assume college coaches want to recruit based on the new technique, so it would seem that the status quo would be a disservice to the kids and those coaches, but what do I know?

In any event, I was at a high-level club (21 v 22) game/scrimmage tonight and the fogos ALL stayed on their feet and used a regular grip. So their coaches at least are getting those fogos ready for college. Great to see live lacrosse too.

And yes, there were no sumo matches and there were a lot of GB battles. Sometimes, one fogo was able to win it directly to himself, but that was the exception. I thought it was great.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”