Cuse-Maryland AT MARYLAND, 2/29, 1200 hrs.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Highly decorated Syracuse great Alyssa Murray weighs in on Snowgate

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:45 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:44 pm
wlaxnut wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:41 pm Any guesses as to what their record will be in the 11 games? There may be one or two losses in there against teams they should beat.

The rest of the regular season:

VT*, Virginia, Louisville*, Notre Dame, Loyola, Duke*, UNC (at CBA), Cornell, BC, UMass*
VT - W
Virginia - W
Louisville - W
ND - L
Duke - W
UNC - L
Cornell - W
BC - W
Mass - W
Agreed. I think they will compete with Notre Dame, and will certainly have a chance to win there.
you are right....I think. it depends on what team for Cuse and what team for ND shows up and for how long. Both seem to have noticeable lapses.
laxorangebookworm

Post by laxorangebookworm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:48 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:45 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:44 pm
wlaxnut wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:41 pm Any guesses as to what their record will be in the 11 games? There may be one or two losses in there against teams they should beat.

The rest of the regular season:

VT*, Virginia, Louisville*, Notre Dame, Loyola, Duke*, UNC (at CBA), Cornell, BC, UMass*
VT - W
Virginia - W
Louisville - W
ND - L
Duke - W
UNC - L
Cornell - W
BC - W
Mass - W
Agreed. I think they will compete with Notre Dame, and will certainly have a chance to win there.
you are right....I think. it depends on what team for Cuse and what team for ND shows up and for how long. Both seem to have noticeable lapses.
Doc, I think you missed a team there between ND and Duke...
laxorangebookworm

Re: Cuse-Maryland AT MARYLAND, 2/29, 1200 hrs.

There's going to be a lot of travel time from this point on for the Orange. Fortunately, they have only four games in March and they're relatively well spaced out.

Virginia Tech on Sunday, March 8th
Virginia on Thursday March 12th
Louisville on Saturday the 21st
Notre Dame on Sunday the 29th

Then comes the really "fun" part of the schedule. After the Notre Dame game, they play at Loyola Wednesday, April 1 and then Duke in Dallas on Saturday April 4. So to reiterate, they're going out to South Bend, get two days off, head back to Baltimore, get two more days off and then head off to Dallas. Three games in seven days and all over the place playing a top five Notre Dame team, a likely top five Loyola squad and then a decent Duke team.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxorangebookworm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm
hmmm, well, that might be deliberate :?: :idea: :oops:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxorangebookworm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:47 pm they play Wednesday, April 1
They play on April Fools Day?
laxorangebookworm

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:50 pm
Yeah, I was trying to avoid that ;)
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxorangebookworm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:55 pm
Beers on me at Union Craft Brewing for any and all Cuse fans, that day only (April 1)....kind of like Wimpy's "I 'll pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...."

Again, where is that sarcastica font?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:49 pm
laxorangebookworm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm
hmmm, well, that might be deliberate :?: :idea: :oops:
might be deliberate??”
laxorangebookworm

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:01 pm
laxorangebookworm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:55 pm
Beers on me at Union Craft Brewing for any and all Cuse fans, that day only (April 1)....kind of like Wimpy's "I 'll pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...."

Again, where is that sarcastica font?
I think there's a razz emoticon to the right...this one... :P
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

wlaxnut wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:41 pm The rest of the regular season:

Probably losses to Notre Dame and UNC, and I think they lose to either Loyola or Duke. Duke has a full week to prepare for that game and will likely be chomping at the bit for a chance to upset a top opponent after hanging pretty tough with Northwestern and Notre Dame. The Orange, on the other hand, are going to have a lot of fatigue and travel on their legs at that point. If they're coming off a big win over the Hounds, I could easily see them overlooking the Duke game. Sure Duke has been struggling the past few years, but they're not a team to mess around with, especially in-conference. They upset Notre Dame last year, Syracuse the year before, BC the year before that. You actually have to go back to the 2015 ACCT to see Syracuse beat Duke by more than 2 goals. If 'Cuse loses to Notre Dame AND Loyola, on the other hand, I think they come into the conference matchup vs Duke ready to go. It's HARD to give a good team their third loss in a row.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

This whole thread sure was fun last year. Wow! Probably the hype before and implications after were just as (probably more than) compelling as the game itself. Lots and lotsa folks weighed in. Great fun. My choice for Game of the Year.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

njbill wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:51 am As I understand it, the weather was not going to impact Maryland’s trip north, only possibly their return home. So if the weather does turn out to be bad, stay over until the roads clear.

I guess it isn’t surprising that turtles are snow wimps.

Perhaps the Maryland Minister of Propaganda (who has yet to emerge from his turtle shell) could enlighten us as to any reasons that haven’t been mentioned yet that might be supportive of the notion Maryland’s decision to bag out was reasonable.

seacoaster, yes, they don’t handle snow very well in Maryland. I was at the Maryland North Carolina game almost exactly 5 years ago that was stopped mid game due to snow. The Maryland roads were so bad, not due to snow accumulation but because they simply didn’t deploy their snow equipment adequately, that it took me six hours to get home. Roads were fine once I crossed over into Jersey. ;)
One of the funnier (and well-written [natch] from Joizey Bill) posts inspired by Snowgate.
Cletus

Re: Still tossing sarcasm grenades on social media

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:05 pm
Badlands wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:03 pm
What’s interesting to me about that tweet is the people who appear on it. Kinda surprised by the public nature of it.
Yup; I was thinking that maybe DMac's favorite player should let her talkin' happen on the field.
I know this is an oldie but goodie topic but your perspective provokes a question of principle: What if she talks off the field and backs it up on the field?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Am confused here, sc, don't see what you're referring to. :?:
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:09 pm Am confused here, sc, don't see what you're referring to. :?:
Check the Twitter link, DMac. Megan Carney was posting sarcastic tweets about Maryland.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh, yeah, but that one's not too bad, it was a nice day here.
Besides, I thought he was talking about Abby Maddox. ;)
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:35 pm Oh, yeah, but that one's not too bad, it was a nice day here.
Besides, I thought he was talking about Abby Maddox. ;)
I didn’t think it was that bad either.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

wlaxnut wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:36 pm Semi “Suck on that one, Little Turtles” picture posted by Syracuse on their Instagram account. With all they have been through in the last 48 hours, good for them! They earned the right to post it.

Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Megan Carney and Meaghan Tyrrell were on a live broadcast this afternoon. When asked which team win each player found most satisfying – Meaghan Tyrrell named this game. Pretty cool.
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

Cletus, of course Syracuse was ecstatic over getting their 2nd win ever over Maryland. In a season that really didn’t count since it wasn’t completed. They are now 2-20 vs the Terps. Do you think it’s time to let it go?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”