MASS HS Lax

HS Boys Lacrosse
belichick

MASS HS Lax

Post by belichick »

Anyone know what's up with Coach Flynn stepping down at Billerica? It will tough replacing him.
icemang

Re: MASS HS Lax

Post by icemang »

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question but thanks for starting a Mass. thread. The old one on laxpower was epic, too bad it can't be brought back to life but maybe this one will approach it someday. I notice you left off the year in the thread title, solid move.
illgoal

Post by illgoal »

Rica coach ran into the ever too present, know it all parents who think they can do it better and their little babies need to be coddled so they use spurious accusations and create such a toxic situation that the target quickly realizes it is better to step away than to deal with the malcontents.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Coach Flynn was the man. The culture he built in Rica was awesome and he always competed against the big dawgs despite not always having the horses.

Nothing but respect for him.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

illgoal wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:57 pm Rica coach ran into the ever too present, know it all parents who think they can do it better and their little babies need to be coddled
I would've pegged Billerica as just about the last place where an alum would get pushed out by helicopter parents/snowflake culture. I guess it's a sign that it's everywhere now.
icemang

Post by icemang »

Well remember Coach Sweet and Duxbury 10 years ago or so. Ridiculous back-to-back-back-to...oops, fired. Yeah he got brought back but still. But Duxie obviously a very different place than Rica.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Great article on Connor McCarthy of LS. Has overcome a lot to get healthy and is shining on the Princeton first midfield during their hot start. https://goprincetontigers.com/news/2020 ... arthy.aspx
Laxcoach55

Post by Laxcoach55 »

illgoal wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:57 pm Rica coach ran into the ever too present, know it all parents who think they can do it better and their little babies need to be coddled so they use spurious accusations and create such a toxic situation that the target quickly realizes it is better to step away than to deal with the malcontents.
I've seen up close some of the parents of Billerica Lax from my sons club team and they are horrendous. They are everything that is wrong with sports parenting. I'm sure there are some good ones but the bad far outweigh the good. It's a running joke at the summer tourneys.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Interesting. My characterization of the place is based entirely on experiences from 20+ years ago, so that's almost an entire generation of parents ago.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

First IL regional rankings out. Per usual, outside of #2 Deerfield there's not much love for any schools northeast of Fairfield County. LS received votes, which is no surprise. The only other MA school (public or private) to get mentioned is Longmeadow. Are the Lancers loaded up this spring?

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ason/56088
Laxrules10

Post by Laxrules10 »

Not sure about Longmeadow but Hingham and SJP should be getting votes as well. Both teams return a solid core of players and have the depth to win the D1 title along with LS. Watched them play over the summer and was impressed with the skill level of each team. I'm sure there are plenty of others that will contend at the D1 level like Frankilin, Duxbury, and BCH.
Merrick

Post by Merrick »

MIAA voted to delay the start of Spring Sports until March 30. Given the fluidity of the situation, the decision will be revisited prior to March 30.

Not a good sign.....
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Bostonlaxnet is putting out all-decade teams and making the site free (though it's still a steal when they're charging) for the week while they put it out. Starting with the top goalies 2010-2019 MIAA only.

https://bostonlax.net/bostonlax-all-dec ... a-goalies/
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Bostonlaxnet's MIAA midfielders of the decade: https://bostonlax.net/bostonlax-all-dec ... dfielders/

Definitely some physical specimens on that First Team.
Last edited by Laxxal22 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Had been all but a formality but now it's official. At home learning for the rest of the school year and no spring sports. Goes without saying, but just brutal for the players, coaches, and parents - especially the class of 2020.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Would someone be willing to give me a primer on Massachusetts clubs in the quadrant NW of Boston (say between 95 and rte. 3)? Why, because I moved back to the area after spending 8 or so years in FL where my kids went to HS and played. Now I'm coaching (or was hired to coach) a local HS team and trying to understand the scene a little better to give my players some guidance (those that are not already on clubs). I know a bit about HGR and Gorillas (and Tomahawks and 4 leaf in NH). Thanks in advance.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:31 pm Would someone be willing to give me a primer on Massachusetts clubs in the quadrant NW of Boston (say between 95 and rte. 3)? Why, because I moved back to the area after spending 8 or so years in FL where my kids went to HS and played. Now I'm coaching (or was hired to coach) a local HS team and trying to understand the scene a little better to give my players some guidance (those that are not already on clubs). I know a bit about HGR and Gorillas (and Tomahawks and 4 leaf in NH). Thanks in advance.
The top three team in Massachusetts are consistently Laxachusetts, Fighting Clams, and 3D New England although 3D has a bunch of players from all over the country and at prep schools. These three compete on the national circuit and send the most kids to big name D1 and D3 schools.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Those are definitely the big dogs. Don't know too much about the club, but NE Twisters (https://twitter.com/netwisters) is up in the area you're talking about. The head coach at Govs is involved and they've had some good players from northern MA & southern NH the past few seasons.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Any thoughts on where the MIAA lands after this quarantine?

The Globe ran that article a year ago about how they are cash strapped.

I took my 3 young nephews to a basketball playoff game last year and it cost a ridiculous amount of money. After that experience and reading about the fat pensions the MIAA hands out - I was turned off by the Association.

Curious to see if there are some adjustments, for the better, with what is currently taking place.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Thoughts on Fall sports returning to High Schools in the State?

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”