All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

kramerica.inc

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:29 pm I wouldn't worry. The free market will sort it out. ;)
Sometimes the world needs a good "cleansing fire."

Look up. With Chinese manufacturing and transportation down significantly the past few weeks, It will likely have a huge positive impact on the environment and global warming.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: ;)
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Hard to tell the difference between fact or fiction these days; read a post with the headline today. Source is dubious at best; author seems bonafide.

“A billionaire whistleblower alleges Wuhan has crematoriums working 24/7. He claims they’ve cremated some 50,000 coronavirus victims.” :shock:

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

https://www.ccn.com/billionaire-whis...is-over-50000/
The parent, not the coach.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I am still shocked the no one on this forum has yet to blame the virus on global warming. I am sure that line of thinking is still under construction by the fear mongers here. What does Greta have to say about it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:12 pm I am still shocked the no one on this forum has yet to blame the virus on global warming. I am sure that line of thinking is still under construction by the fear mongers here. What does Greta have to say about it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe she could sail over to China, and speak with Xi about it?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:12 pm I am still shocked the no one on this forum has yet to blame the virus on global warming. I am sure that line of thinking is still under construction by the fear mongers here. What does Greta have to say about it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As parts of the world have gotten warmer, there are all kinds of "critters" waking up.

Suspect it wont be all bad. ;)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Good information and a comprehensive look

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/12/und ... ronavirus/

Understanding pandemics: What they mean, don’t mean, and what comes next with the coronavirus
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:12 pm I am still shocked the no one on this forum has yet to blame the virus on global warming. I am sure that line of thinking is still under construction by the fear mongers here.

We are likelier to have delusional righties say BLAME OBAMA! ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Hadn't thought of this before but what's to happen with the Boston Marathon?

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/bo ... s/2078300/

Boston Marathon Organizers ‘Carefully Monitoring’ Spread of New Coronavirus
The Boston Athletic Association's statement came a day after the Tokyo Marathon announced it was keeping the general public from running in the March 1 race

The Boston Marathon is slated to be run on April 20, but its organizers are "carefully monitoring" the global coronavirus outbreak.

The Boston Athletic Association's statement came Tuesday, a day after the Tokyo Marathon announced it was keeping the general public from running in the March 1 race. The field was limited to elite runners and wheel chair athletes after a case of the new virus, COVID19, was confirmed in the Japanese capital.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Catbird wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:01 am https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ken-cucc ... 29cf618d35

We're screwed.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Catbird wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:01 am https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ken-cucc ... 29cf618d35

We're screwed.
Anyone with half a brain expects this BS from o d and his ilk. Knowledge is Bad.

How soon until there is a Sharpie to fix the Coronavirus map???
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Looks like the world has enough experience with coronavirus to have a good feel for mortality rates and the news is not good. At this time the rate in China is 3.4%, Italy is 2.6% and South Korea .9%. A lot of China's death occurred with early cases when China was just plain unprepared. Italy is in the early stages of fighting the virus and it is probably not surprising that their mortality rate is still pretty high. South Korea is probably the best example of a modern "western country" fighting the virus for a long enough period for mortality rate to stabilize. This is still 20 times the mortality rate of the average annual flu (and about 10 times the mortality rate of this years flu season). This amounts to 900 deaths for every 100,000 infected as opposed to the average annual flu of 50 deaths for every 100,000 infected (in the US).

Annually the flu kills about 20,000 (on average) in the US. Some years as high as 50,000.
Last edited by jhu72 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:31 am

We're screwed.
Anyone with half a brain expects this BS from o d and his ilk. Knowledge is Bad.

How soon until there is a Sharpie to fix the Coronavirus map???
The free market will sort it out.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Whew, no worry:

"In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine,” Trump said."
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/25/white-h ... virus.html

IDIOT!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

What I find interesting is the difference in reaction of the American right wing to Corona virus compared to Ebola. They lost their minds in the case of Ebola, when scientists were telling them there was no reason. Corona virus is a much bigger problem and we get no real reaction. Guess they don't have a democrat to blame, at least not credibly.

CDC expects Corona virus to spread in the US
Last edited by jhu72 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

With this bozo in charge and all of the clowns running various parts of his government no wonder the markets are down another 2% today.

New acting DHS secretary melted down at a Senate hearing after being unable to answer basic preparedness questions from REPUBLICAN Senators.

Bozo Cuccinelli, his acting deputy could not figure out how to login to JHU website for information on potential virus pandemic and he is on the effing task force to deal with the crisis :mrgreen:

Not to worry,, Limbaugh states its a new common cold bug and its all a plot to get DOPUS.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Everyone with any sense has already left town. Owning the libs doesn’t help here.

“This morning’s classified coronavirus briefing should have been made fully open to the American people—they would be as appalled & astonished as I am by the inadequacy of preparedness & prevention.”

Sen R Blumenthal. D conn.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Trump has put no one in charge of Coronavirus.
He is pushing cuts to the budgets of all the agencies that fight pandemics.
He shut down 37 of 47 global anti-pandemic programs.
Trump made a choice to make us vulnerable...to this pandemic and the next one and the next one.”

Senator Chris Murphy, D conn
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”