Religion in America

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Religion in America

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:16 pm Back in grammar school everybody thought those coat rooms in back were for hanging your coat or putting your PBJ sandwich on the shelf. At Holy Rosary where I went they provided a convenient, out of the way place for the nuns to whoop the tar out of misbehaving students.
And for clearing out those pesky fetuses.
No coat hangers only coat hooks.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:41 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:35 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:16 pm Back in grammar school everybody thought those coat rooms in back were for hanging your coat or putting your PBJ sandwich on the shelf. At Holy Rosary where I went they provided a convenient, out of the way place for the nuns to whoop the tar out of misbehaving students.
And for clearing out those pesky fetuses.
Nah, they tidied that up in the laundry…

“The Magdalene Laundries in Ireland, also known as Magdalene asylums, were institutions usually run by Roman Catholic orders,[1] which operated from the 18th to the late 20th centuries. They were run ostensibly to house "fallen women", an estimated 30,000 of whom were confined in these institutions in Ireland. In 1993, unmarked graves of 155 women were uncovered in the convent grounds of one of the laundries.[2][3] This led to media revelations about the operations of the secretive institutions. A formal state apology was issued in 2013, and a compensation scheme for survivors was set up by the Irish Government, which by 2022 and after an extension of the scheme had paid out €32.8 million to 814 survivors.[4] The religious orders which operated the laundries have rejected appeals, including from victims and Ireland's Justice Minister, to contribute financially to this programme.[5]”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdale ... in_Ireland
I just wish I had been in Arequipa Peru during the peak of Santa Catalina. Freaky nuns are my jam.

https://siyahenperu.wordpress.com/2016/ ... ghty-nuns/
You must have knowledge of different nuns than the ones at my school. They did all the jamming and that usually centered around jamming your head into the inkwell on your desk.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Unaffiliated now is the largest religious "denomination" in the US according to the most recent Pew Research Report. Unaffiliated is also now the youngest "denomination".

Pew Research
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:25 pm +100

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2gOm4srHRc/
:lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I wonder how many went along because the head coach and some of the players made it the “right” way to go? Group dynamics in these situations are hard to combat, or parry. Public school and coach “supports” religion. You gotta wonder: Conformity through coercion?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:38 pm

I wonder how many went along because the head coach and some of the players made it the “right” way to go? Group dynamics in these situations are hard to combat, or parry. Public school and coach “supports” religion. You gotta wonder: Conformity through coercion?
... have to admit I have always thought Jim was a couple bottles short of a six pack. The photo in the post confirms it. :lol: Looking closely at the photo, I suspect the tagline is apocryphal.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

So was this a Palestinian / Muslim vs Christian thing? Or what's your theory?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:52 pm

... have to admit I have always thought Jim was a couple bottles short of a six pack. The photo in the post confirms it. :lol: Looking closely at the photo, I suspect the tagline is apocryphal.
He was talking about a bowling revival with this Jesus, the one elected officials roll with when they cruise malls for underage girls while being judges.

https://youtu.be/YPfdSu6wO08?si=UXX39xKvCMRDPwum
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:04 pm

He was talking about a bowling revival with this Jesus, the one elected officials roll with when they cruise malls for underage girls while being judges.

8-year olds. Fcuk.

Sounds like a mix of The Donald and Gym-bo.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:07 pm
I have no theory, other than to say this person was mentally ill. But we should always first blame the gun, b/c the gun is who decides who should be shot.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:42 pm
I have no theory, other than to say this person was mentally ill. But we should always first blame the gun, b/c the gun is who decides who should be shot.
Lengthy history of mental illness and firearms confiscated yet in the final analysis still had possession of two rifles at the time of this incident.
Typical Lax Dad

People who OD on drugs only have themselves to blame. But we should always blame drugs because drugs decide who should take them.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:40 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:04 pm

8-year olds. Fcuk.

Sounds like a mix of The Donald and Gym-bo.
Nick turtorros finest work yet

I’m the Jesus rolls it explains what happened about 30-40 sec into this clip. This was a mediocre remake of that 70s Garrard Depardeux movie where they steal a car and joyride.

https://youtu.be/Qee82dZ0llg?si=4KvWmEp8890Nmp1E
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:24 pm
People who OD on drugs only have themselves to blame. But we should always blame drugs because drugs decide who should take them.
We’re always first responsible for ourselves. Just in the context of codified borders and rule sets where we have an allocation system.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “POLITICS”