IMG_0212.jpeg
IMG_0212.jpeg (121.89 KiB) Viewed 663 times
Time for Mustang Power
cradleandshoot

Re: NYS Section V

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:29 am IMG_0212.jpeg
Time for Mustang Power
When did they change their names to the blue mustangs? It is always a pleasure to watch Penn Yan play. Hobart always has a fresh group of young players that are pretty darn talented. Michael Manley was the finest long pole I ever saw play.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Huge shout out to Coach Booker at East United. A very good season with primarily a bunch of city kids excelling at lacrosse because of a dedicated coach. :D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I'm hoping to meander over to Fisher this afternoon to see the Sec.V finals. Penfield vs McQuaid. Penfield hasn't had much luck defeating the teams they had to beat. I will impressed if JJ boys can beat McQuaid. They have the talent especially on attack. Today's game will time for their midfield to pick it up a notch.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:37 pm I'm hoping to meander over to Fisher this afternoon to see the Sec.V finals. Penfield vs McQuaid. Penfield hasn't had much luck defeating the teams they had to beat. I will impressed if JJ boys can beat McQuaid. They have the talent especially on attack. Today's game will time for their midfield to pick it up a notch.
Great place to watch a game but better bring your umbrella Cradle.

It seems like it's McQ's year. Chiefs will have to play a strong game to get the win. Their offense doesn't seem to be explosive so mistakes and turnovers will have to be minimal. Maybe the big stage for McQ will be a factor but my money is on the Knights.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:24 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:37 pm I'm hoping to meander over to Fisher this afternoon to see the Sec.V finals. Penfield vs McQuaid. Penfield hasn't had much luck defeating the teams they had to beat. I will impressed if JJ boys can beat McQuaid. They have the talent especially on attack. Today's game will time for their midfield to pick it up a notch.
Great place to watch a game but better bring your umbrella Cradle.

It seems like it's McQ's year. Chiefs will have to play a strong game to get the win. Their offense doesn't seem to be explosive so mistakes and turnovers will have to be minimal. Maybe the big stage for McQ will be a factor but my money is on the Knights.
Glad you called em the Chiefs. I will always call your team the Braves.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I wasn't able to get over to Fisher to see the games. I read the game analysis on Sports Five this morning. In both games the best teams won. Victor looked solid in their win. McQuaid took over in the 2nd half of a game that was all about defense. The best of luck to Victor and McQuaid as they move forward.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:26 am I wasn't able to get over to Fisher to see the games. I read the game analysis on Sports Five this morning. In both games the best teams won. Victor looked solid in their win. McQuaid took over in the 2nd half of a game that was all about defense. The best of luck to Victor and McQuaid as they move forward.
How is McQuaid relative to past Class A teams coming out of Section 5? Curious because they seem to have a pretty good shot to make it to the state finals given how Section 3 seems a bit down and has 2 .500 teams playing for the A title (granted one of them is the 2 time defending state champ lol)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

LI13 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:26 am I wasn't able to get over to Fisher to see the games. I read the game analysis on Sports Five this morning. In both games the best teams won. Victor looked solid in their win. McQuaid took over in the 2nd half of a game that was all about defense. The best of luck to Victor and McQuaid as they move forward.
How is McQuaid relative to past Class A teams coming out of Section 5? Curious because they seem to have a pretty good shot to make it to the state finals given how Section 3 seems a bit down and has 2 .500 teams playing for the A title (granted one of them is the 2 time defending state champ lol)
Historically McQuaid has never been a top dog in Section V Class A. This year they have put it all together. They can score and they have a very solid defense. I don't how far they will go but they will give any opponent all they can handle.
The Black Knights only 2 losses were both by one goal to Irondequoit and Fayetteville Manlius. McQuaid has a talented squad their biggest test will come in Section III. That is of course if they get by Orchard Park.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:51 am
Historically McQuaid has never been a top dog in Section V Class A. This year they have put it all together. They can score and they have a very solid defense. I don't how far they will go but they will give any opponent all they can handle.
The Black Knights only 2 losses were both by one goal to Irondequoit and Fayetteville Manlius. McQuaid has a talented squad their biggest test will come in Section III. That is of course if they get by Orchard Park.
Half Hollow Hills is in my view the prohibitive favorite to take the A crown at this point. But I always look for some input from upstate...us Long Islanders have been blindsided by incredibly good teams from Syracuse and Rochester many times in the past.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

LI13 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:25 pm
Half Hollow Hills is in my view the prohibitive favorite to take the A crown at this point. But I always look for some input from upstate...us Long Islanders have been blindsided by incredibly good teams from Syracuse and Rochester many times in the past.
I know Penfield traveled to West Islip earlier this spring and WI won a very close game. I always remember WI as always having outstanding teams. I hope I'm wrong but if the Black Knights make it to the finals I don't know if they have the horses to keep up. Having the Jesuits praying for you might help.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:31 pm
LI13 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:25 pm
I know Penfield traveled to West Islip earlier this spring and WI won a very close game. I always remember WI as always having outstanding teams. I hope I'm wrong but if the Black Knights make it to the finals I don't know if they have the horses to keep up. Having the Jesuits praying for you might help.
This was not a vintage West Islip team. They finished 10-8 with many of their losses blowouts, including a 17-7 loss to rival East Islip in the Suffolk B semis.

We may never see the likes of West Islip's 2009-11 teams again. Enrollment drop hit that district hard (hence the drop to B) and the program's momentum has sputtered (although they did win Suffolk B last year, it was down as a whole).
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

McQ should take care of business vs OP, who was 1-4 vs Section 5 teams this year. Lost to both Pittsford and U Fpt 11-6, lost to Cdga 12-8, and lost to Penfield 13-6. Only beat Aquinas (D) 14-12. Recent history of OP is they light it up against Bfl teams on the scoreboard, but really struggle against Rochester teams that actually play defense. I don't see that changing and they'll be lucky to put up two field goals. McQ should put up two touchdowns and move on.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Nigel wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:53 pm McQ should take care of business vs OP, who was 1-4 vs Section 5 teams this year. Lost to both Pittsford and U Fpt 11-6, lost to Cdga 12-8, and lost to Penfield 13-6. Only beat Aquinas (D) 14-12. Recent history of OP is they light it up against Bfl teams on the scoreboard, but really struggle against Rochester teams that actually play defense. I don't see that changing and they'll be lucky to put up two field goals. McQ should put up two touchdowns and move on.
The last time OP beat a Section 5 team in the state tournament was 2009, when they beat Thomas 22-10 in the A regional. That team beat an elite CA team in the regular season and only lost to Corning East and West Islip in the final (and only 10-5 to a juggernaut WI team).

Since then:

2010 Fairport 5-10
2011 did not win Section 6
2012 Fairport 0-7
2013 Penfield 11-12 OT
2014 Fairport 8-11
2015 Pittsford 12-16
2016 Victor 7-17
2017 Pittsford 6-20
2018 did not win Section 6
2019 Fairport 1-5
2022 did not win Section 6
2023 Victor 2-17
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:53 pm McQ should take care of business vs OP, who was 1-4 vs Section 5 teams this year. Lost to both Pittsford and U Fpt 11-6, lost to Cdga 12-8, and lost to Penfield 13-6. Only beat Aquinas (D) 14-12. Recent history of OP is they light it up against Bfl teams on the scoreboard, but really struggle against Rochester teams that actually play defense. I don't see that changing and they'll be lucky to put up two field goals. McQ should put up two touchdowns and move on.

I agree Nigel, I don't know who the Black Knights might face in Section III. I do tip my hat to McQuaid they have a team capable of winning it all. Having the Jesuits praying for you can't hurt.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:38 pm

I agree Nigel, I don't know who the Black Knights might face in Section III. I do tip my hat to McQuaid they have a team capable of winning it all. Having the Jesuits praying for you can't hurt.
Baldwinsville knocked off top seed F-M and they face Liverpool for the title today
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

LI13 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:07 pm
The last time OP beat a Section 5 team in the state tournament was 2009, when they beat Thomas 22-10 in the A regional. That team beat an elite CA team in the regular season and only lost to Corning East and West Islip in the final (and only 10-5 to a juggernaut WI team).

Since then:

2010 Fairport 5-10
2011 did not win Section 6
2012 Fairport 0-7
2013 Penfield 11-12 OT
2014 Fairport 8-11
2015 Pittsford 12-16
2016 Victor 7-17
2017 Pittsford 6-20
2018 did not win Section 6
2019 Fairport 1-5
2022 did not win Section 6
2023 Victor 2-17
They beat Cdga in the first game of the year, 5-4, in a cold rainstorm at OP. Both teams would make it to their respective state finals in Rochester. As mentioned OP lost to West Islip, while Cdga beat Nisky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Nuwd- ... zJ&index=5

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”