The Democrats, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

The Democrats, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by cradleandshoot »

Okay since everybody has been having so much fun beating up on hapless Republicans, lets take some time to turn the tables on hapless Democrats. I notice as of late that a certain poster has been having fun calling Trump fans Trumpsuckers. Does that make it politically incorrect to refer to fans of Mayor Pete as... Buttlickers? I am certain that MD will insert himself here as the self anointed judge of all the is appropriate and inappropriate. My guess is I crossed some sort of line. Hey if we can poke fun at stupid Republicans why can't we poke fun at stupid Democrats? :D With the sarcasm put to the side why can't Tulsi find traction in her own party? Since we now know she is a Russian tool does that work against her? Maybe HRC will invite her to a midnight meeting in Ft Marcy park so they can chat. :P
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
holmes435

Re: The Democrats, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by holmes435 »

Well we've already got a "progressive ideology" thread where people try to own the libs. We've also got a Liberals vs. conservatives thread.

I guess the good argument for a new thread is that Democrats aren't really liberal for the most part (they're a bit right of center), so it's certainly fair game to bag on Democrat ideologies.

I do find it interesting that so many people are focused on Gabbard, who is polling at 1-3% right now. Real powerhouse, that one.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Susan Talamantes walks away from the Democrat party in California after 12 years !!

“I’m done. I’m done with us protecting people who would buy and abuse our children.”

“I don’t want people buying little girls anymore. And I’m tired of saying it’s okay and that we have to protect the men who do it.”

https://x.com/TONYxTWO/status/1796011603252445690
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ahhhh, you are now just beginning to understand, young grasshopper.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:41 pm Okay since everybody has been having so much fun beating up on hapless Republicans, lets take some time to turn the tables on hapless Democrats. I notice as of late that a certain poster has been having fun calling Trump fans Trumpsuckers. Does that make it politically incorrect to refer to fans of Mayor Pete as... Buttlickers? I am certain that MD will insert himself here as the self anointed judge of all the is appropriate and inappropriate. My guess is I crossed some sort of line. Hey if we can poke fun at stupid Republicans why can't we poke fun at stupid Democrats? :D With the sarcasm put to the side why can't Tulsi find traction in her own party? Since we now know she is a Russian tool does that work against her? Maybe HRC will invite her to a midnight meeting in Ft Marcy park so they can chat. :P
Santorums?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:22 am Susan Talamantes walks away from the Democrat party in California after 12 years !!

“I’m done. I’m done with us protecting people who would buy and abuse our children.”

“I don’t want people buying little girls anymore. And I’m tired of saying it’s okay and that we have to protect the men who do it.”

... I am sure she will support Trump a bigly protector of girls and women, not to mention the republiCONs. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:22 am Susan Talamantes walks away from the Democrat party in California after 12 years !!

... I am sure she will support Trump a bigly protector of girls and women, not to mention the republiCONs. :lol: :lol:
Fairly certain there's not one Republican promoting this sort of nonsense:

https://x.com/libsoftiktok/status/1798810583271408115
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:37 pm

Sure they have! Cross dressing is as old as time. You can't remember movies or TV shows that had that? We used to LOVE it. Tootsie, Mrs. Doubtfire, Bosom Buddies, La Cage, Monty Python, the Birdcage, and on and on and on.

Ever read Huck Finn?

Heck, Rudy Giuliani did it in a silly skit with Trump, remember?

Kid Rock performed with Ru Paul in the 90's.....then pretended to be offended by the same practice when it came to Bud Light.

Folks used to not care about this stuff.....what happened?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:57 pm

Sure they have! Cross dressing is as old as time. You can't remember movies or TV shows that had that? We used to LOVE it. Tootsie, Mrs. Doubtfire, Bosom Buddies, La Cage, Monty Python, the Birdcage, and on and on and on.

Ever read Huck Finn?

Kid Rock performed with Ru Paul in the 90's.....then pretended to be offended by the same practice when it came to Bud Light.

There was a time where It was illegal for women to act on stage. Men were forced to dress up if you wanted a woman character.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:57 pm

Ever read Huck Finn?

Not talking about Hollywood or Vaudeville. These are spaces that were reserved for women. Just like sports and single sex bathrooms. I guess we're back to the identity totem pole, with gender confused people above women. Don't worry, I know my spot on the bottom. Dems do the same thing with illegal immigrants vs black people in the large cities.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but at least Miss Alabama is a woman.

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1798847399034823166
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
NattyBohChamps04

So private corporations run their businesses and orgs in a certain way (Miss USA, USA Swimming, etc) and government Democrats get the blame?

Wonder what legislation they passed for this to happen. :lol:

The rage bait makes a lot of money these days.
NattyBohChamps04

Now we have the president drinking mysterious orange drinks to stay awake? Top tier scandal in the making!

JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:02 pm Now we have the president drinking mysterious orange drinks to stay awake? Top tier scandal in the making!

It's gatorade, electrolytes.

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:11 pm It's gatorade, electrolytes.

Joe
Well that's no way to get an invite from TeamTinFoil, Joe.

Try: the liquid was given to him on Epstein's island, and is both the cause and cure of Covid, and the Ukrainians paid for it.....and all this is hiding on plain sight on Hunter's laptop, which was stolen from the guy who REALLY shot Kennedy.

No, not JFK.....JFK Jr, who was shot and killed because he wanted to invade Cuba, which was the REAL reason why his plane crashed.

Keep up, my man!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:27 pm

Joe

Try: the liquid was given to him on Epstein's island, and is both the cause and cure of Covid, and the Ukrainians paid for it.....and all this is hiding on plain sight on Hunter's laptop, which was stolen from the guy who REALLY shot Kennedy.

No, not JFK.....JFK Jr, who was shot and killed because he wanted to invade Cuba, which was the REAL reason why his plane crashed.

Keep up, my man!
My son was training to be a pilot when JFK Jr bit the burrito. JFK Jr s down fall was he was not instrument rated. What happened to him happens to many very good pilots. When you lose the horizon which sounds odd you can find yourself flying upside down with no idea. You have to trust your instruments and not your instincts. Embrey Riddle thought him that if nothing else. JFK Jr should never have been flying that plane. He knew he was a good pilot flying VFR. He was unqualified when he needed to fly by instruments.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Joe

Keep up, my man!
I personally think the pull of MAGA is a bit overstated, but that's just me. I am a Republican and not afraid to say it. Sure it's a cult-like atmosphere, but both sides have there issues and believe me, the left has just as many. My hope is that somebody steps up with the best qualities of both parties. But the absurd amount of time spent talking about Trump and MAGA on this section of the site is just overkill. There's a group of posters on here (they know who they are) that act is if this site has people post on a regular basis who are MAGA. There's nobody even close to that on this site, not even close. Just my .02 on a Tuesday afternoon!

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:49 pm

Joe

Keep up, my man!
I personally think the pull of MAGA is a bit overstated, but that's just me. I am Republican and not afraid to say it. Sure it's a cult-like atmosphere, but both sides have there issues and believe me, the left has just as many. My hope is that somebody steps up with the best qualities of both parties.
That's my hope, too. Clearly, we ain't getting that this election.
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:49 pm But the absurd amount of time spent talking about Trump and MAGA is just overkill. Just my .02 on a Tuesday afternoon!

Joe
Who else are we supposed to talk about, Joe? Not only is he your party's nomination for President, he's the clear leader of your Republican party. What you're saying here is like telling us that time spent talking Joe Biden is silly and waste of time.

These two men are trying to run our country Joe. No amount of discussion is "too much", my man.
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.nationalreview.com/2024/06/ ... term=first

Joe Biden’s Decoy Presidential Candidacy

by CHARLES C. W. COOKE, June 11, 2024

Biden is operating as a stand-in, a widget, or a MacGuffin, whose primary purpose is to make it to November 5 of this year without expiring.

In life, as in science, it can be useful to extrapolate, and here, in the summer of 2024, it comes time to do just that. It is by now near-universally acknowledged that Joe Biden is too old to perform his duties. It is less universally acknowledged that this has serious implications — the chief among which is that, for all the rococo pageantry that attends his reelection campaign, Joe Biden is not, in fact, running to be president of the United States.

I do not offer this observation in a conspiratorial tone. Joe Biden won the 2020 election legitimately; he is currently serving as the rightful occupant of his office; and he remains eligible to run again, to win again, to take office again, and to exercise all the levers of power that the Constitution would grant his office during a second term. Instead, I mean that Biden is operating as a stand-in, a widget, or a MacGuffin, whose primary purpose is to make it to November 5 of this year without expiring. Most candidates have plans for their coveted four years; Biden has none. He does not expect to be there, and the public agrees with his hunch.

This, if I may borrow a phrase from the Trump years, is “not normal.” Per recent polling, 62 percent of voters think that, if Biden is reelected, he will die in office. Never, in the modern era, have voters been asked to cast a ballot for a candidate who they believed was unlikely to see the end of his term. In 2008, 20 percent of Americans thought that John McCain was too old. In 1996, 27 percent of Americans thought that Bob Dole was too old. In 2024, a whopping 86 percent of Americans believe that Biden is too old to be president of the United States. In effect, Biden’s candidacy represents a sort of reverse Keynesianism, built atop the flippant promise that, in the short run, he’ll be dead. And they say that our politics has lost its ambition!

That Joe Biden has been transmuted into little more than a game token is routinely implied by the substance of our political conversations. Inevitably, discussions of Donald Trump’s candidacy revolve around what will happen if Donald Trump wins the presidency, and, inevitably, discussions of Joe Biden’s candidacy revolve around what will happen if . . . Donald Trump wins the presidency. Filter out the partisan hallucinations in which Biden is cast as a successful chief executive, and you will find little more than anti-matter left within the residue: Biden must win, because Donald Trump must not, and, because Biden must win, then Biden cannot be too old or too incompetent or too misguided, because if Biden is too old or too incompetent or too misguided, then Donald Trump might win, and, as was established earlier, Donald Trump must not win. This, perhaps, is why Biden so often likes to say, “Don’t compare me to the Almighty, compare me to the alternative.” The alternative is all he’s got — and, at his age, irritating the Almighty is a risky idea, indeed.

The fruits of this approach have been extremely peculiar. If political correctness is defined as the repetition of mantras that everybody knows to be untrue, the Democrats’ 2024 pitch might be defined as the elevation of “ought” over “is” alongside the berating and exiling of anyone who declines to play their proper role within the charade. Yesterday, Biden’s approval rating dropped to a record-low 37 percent in the 538 average of polls, and, instead of absorbing this information as if it were part of the fabric of our shared reality, the political establishment elected to lash out at the messengers. In and of itself, this is odd. But what makes the whole thing so utterly, startlingly, unfathomably weird is that the people who were responsible for this outburst are the very same people who will immediately begin orchestrating Biden’s removal if he manages to win in November after all.

Does that sound strange? It shouldn’t, for, at this stage, Biden is little more than a political instrument, to be played for the benefit of his team. Presently, Biden’s utility lies in his staying in the race. Twenty-three seconds after he has won, this will change. And, when it does, the reversal will be astonishing in both speed and scope. Instantly, all of Biden’s senile tics will be visible to all. Within seconds of his inauguration, the Science will begin to cast doubts on the ability of any octogenarian to do such a demanding job. After a couple of bad polls, the muttering will begin; after the first public slip-up, the Sunday shows will swoop in; and, as the party starts to look forward to the midterms, the number of amateur grim reapers will multiply into a requiem chorus that drowns out all but their own predilections. The late-night comics will observe the green light. The friendly cable channels will practice their sorrowful faces. The papers will channel Hamilton, whose demand for “energy in the executive” will be quoted as a constitutional imperative. And when the last weight falls, it will become clear as day that Joe Biden wasn’t a presidential candidate but a lumbering decoy, in the first virtual election in the republic’s long line.
NattyBohChamps04

Republicans could have saved us from Biden 2024 if they had done their job and impeached Trump post Jan 6. 100% Biden wouldn't be running if Trump wasn't on the ballot.

After the riot, it's amazing how fast R pols went from standing up to Trump to back down on their knees.

Return to “POLITICS”